Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 2/20 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I've watched this show since the second season. This one so far is the worst and I am thinking of not watching anymore. I agree if the producers knew Shamar was like this shame on them for putting him on the show!
    According to an interview with Probst, they never expected him to be this way. They actually thought, from early meetings with him, that he was going to be a Fan favorite. Anyone can go in an interview and play a character, but their true self comes out when you are in a rough physical and mental element.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    I actually like Brandon. I want to see some chaos being implemented lol. And no, I don't think he has a mood disorder. This is reality TV after all - they're going to edit the characters how they want us to portray them. Obviously he has the Hantz name, so whenever he gets angry or fustrated, that's the magic cue being sent to air that footage. And of course, when they are showing those moments, that means less time of something else.
    No, sorry. You can only edit the material that is supplied, and Brandon is supplying plenty of insanity. Does a normal person threaten to "pee in the rice"? And even if he had that thought, would a normal person express it on national television? Brandon seems to have some serious mental issues, whether it's bi-polar disorder or manic-depression or whatever. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the boy needs meds, not more air time.
    CookieJ and Photobabe like this.

I feel the way Brandon was shunned by Russell at the finale for not playing up to the "Hantz name" has caused Brandon to come back and try to play like Russell so he feels like he has earnd his Uncle's respect- in some weird twisted way. Think about it...this time around we are 2 episodes in and not once have we heard Brandon utter anything about his religious beliefs or complained about the women strutting around barely clothed and 'tempting him' like last time. It's almost like he is trying to be the Anti-Last-Season-Brandon so he will be accepted by his family, who clearly didn't respect the way he played his game the last time around. Sad, if you ask me, but everyone wants to be accepted and maybe it means that much to him that he is going against his normal behavior.
    Duckyface and Midol like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I can see him taking a dump on whoever he hates most's sleeping area.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Woah. It's only two episodes in, FannyMare and straycat80... and no Colton and Alisha in sight. It's not that bad!

You know, this is interesting to me. I think, as a society, we need to get past the "one person represents all" thing. I think most people understand that Shamar is not a representative of an entire group of servicemen. We are all individuals with different personalities, and just because one person "is" something, it doesn't mean the represent all of them.
    Should all black men also hang their heads low because of Shamar? Of course not.
    Should all good looking cool people be ashamed because Reynold and friends don't know how to count? Absolutely not.
    Should all Hantz's be ashamed? No. Well. Maybe.
    CIA agents hang their head low because of Phillip? Nope. I don't even know how I can follow that up.

My point is this, just because Marines do amazing things and generally work hard and all that... doesn't mean that they are, all of them, great people. If Survivor cast people who fit their roles all the time: Marine=Good guy, Firefighter=Good guy, Farmer=country bumpkin, Lawyer=sneaky, etc. it would be a lie.

Anyone who judges an entire group of people based on one person or think that one person 'represents' the group, is ignorant. It's time to get over it. And for those who are worried people will do that... who cares? Why let other people's ignorance bother you? If I felt every "Christian" who opened their dang mouth was a representative of Christianity, I would never tell anyone I was religious ever again.

Thank you, great post. Besides he said he went (served/was deployed) twice to Iraq. I can only imagine what happened over there and what he saw... Perhaps he wasn't angry like this prior to serving. Nevertheless, others serve and aren't bitter and such so it boils down to this is how this individual is, for whatever reason...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    .... and I am having fun watching Phillip having fun.....

Especially when they showed him dancing.
    I loved that scene with Phillip and Brenda dancing. I hope I can find it on youtube.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    No, sorry. You can only edit the material that is supplied, and Brandon is supplying plenty of insanity. Does a normal person threaten to "pee in the rice"? And even if he had that thought, would a normal person express it on national television? Brandon seems to have some serious mental issues, whether it's bi-polar disorder or manic-depression or whatever. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the boy needs meds, not more air time.

I get what you're saying, but I also think that the players do not know what will air and what won't... I'm thinking that he has outbursts and says things he may or may not mean, just like a lot of folks of all ages when they get angry. However, I do believe he could benefit from medication because he seems to have a personality disorder.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I have to ask, I've watched every season, yet I can't think of a season where a person who played the "part" of a lazy loud-mouth so as not to be considered a threat has ever won the game. I know people who have played crazy or hateable to be taken to the end, but have any of them ever won? I don't think so.

So, I guess my biggest and probably only gripe with Shamar is that he is playing the game of Survivor horribly. Just awful. On a personal level, the big mouth yelling "shut up" at people makes me crack up.

By the way, I agree with others... my favourite moment of last nights' show was Malcolm's reaction to his stealth nick-name. Just enough over-the-top to know he thinks it's ridiculous... yet he's decent enough to play along.

To the Point

Malcolm just really seems to be a pretty bright guy. I thought it last season and I'm thinking it this season. He seems to be intelligent in a number of ways, but especially in reading and reacting to people.
    sweetpea, Hyper, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

I don't know whether to hate the casting director or love the casting director. I mean they cast 3 crazy people, there is Little Hanz, Pink Panties and Shamar the Whale or maybe that should be Shamar the Hut (as in Jabba). What where they thinking?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Closed Thread