Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 2/20 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 2/20 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

With all of the amazing men and women in the USMC Survivor decided to choose this idiot? So sad!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Ok I've only watched a couple of seasons of Survivor so far (I'm going back and watching the ones I've missed now) so maybe I don't understand how the HII works, but it seems to me, for it to have been any good to Ally, Reynold would not only have had to be willing to give it to her, but would have had to figure out that everyone was going against their plan and then figure out that it would be Ally they were voting for right? (He obviously had no clue everyone wasn't following the cool kids plan)

You can't just say "I'm playing the HII and if anyone I like gets voted against then they can use it right? If you are playing it for someone else don't you have to announce who when you play it? So it really never was going to do Allie any good, even if he was willing to give it to her (fat chance) because he didn't know she needed it. Not that the big fat ego head would ever give up anything for anyone in the first place.

Fannymare I commented to my husband about Sherri looking and even sounding a little like Sandra Bullock, on a bad day. Of course we have no idea what Sandra Bullock would look like living under survivor conditions without her lotions and potions and plastic surgeon and someone to do her hair and makeup and lighting etc... Maybe she'd look exactly like Sherri

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Ok I've only watched a couple of seasons of Survivor so far (I'm going back and watching the ones I've missed now) so maybe I don't understand how the HII works, but it seems to me, for it to have been any good to Ally, Reynold would not only have had to be willing to give it to her, but would have had to figure out that everyone was going against their plan and then figure out that it would be Ally they were voting for right? (He obviously had no clue everyone wasn't following the cool kids plan)

You can't just say "I'm playing the HII and if anyone I like gets voted against then they can use it right? If you are playing it for someone else don't you have to announce who when you play it? So it really never was going to do Allie any good, even if he was willing to give it to her (fat chance) because he didn't know she needed it. Not that the big fat ego head would ever give up anything for anyone in the first place.
    You're right. He would have had to figure out that the 6 were voting for Ally before the votes were read and give it to her then to play (or announce that he was playing it for her). But obviously he assumed the 6 were with the "cool kids" in voting Shemar and had no idea. And I agree that he probably would have saved the idol for himself anyhow.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    With all of the amazing men and women in the USMC Survivor decided to choose this idiot? So sad!
    I so agree with you. Just happen to have three neighbors who are all ex Marines and extremely proud of having served. I think I heard them all screaming this is who they picked to represent a Marine. Sad indeed!
    NCLurker and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    I'm so tired of idols being "hidden" in very obvious spots in trees and "found" after a few minutes without any clues whatsoever. Remember when it actually took time and effort to find an idol? You had to be sent to exile island and decipher multiple clues to find the subsequent clues and, eventually, the idol. And usually there was significant walking (and sometimes swimming) involved. And Reynold is arrogant and annoying enough without an idol.

Glad the self-proclaimed "good looking cool kids" aren't running the tribe and getting their way. Also, I was having quite a bit of trouble telling Allie and the other blonde whose name I don't know (Laura?) apart.

Phillip can't be gone soon enough. I have the feeling Brandon will be gone next through, due to his mood swings, and according to Phillip, he's "crazy". Although at least Phillip put on shorts midway through the episode to spare our eyes.

I think I read once that Jeff said the idols are "hidden" in easier places with no clues now because it is 'better tv' to watch someone with an idol and how they are going to use it than to watch someone wandering around looking for an idol. They want the people to find them because it throws a moneky wrench into gameplay and the paranoia sets in earlier which leads to better tv.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I am really proud of our armed services, esp. the Marines (my husband was one in the Vietnam war), but Shamar is not what the Marines represent and I am very angry that he is on this show. I cringe whenever he has camera time. Did the producers know he was this way? If so, shame on them!!!!! BTW, if there are any soldiers on this forum, thank you so much for your service.
    Last edited by Coco46; 02-21-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I've watched this show since the second season. This one so far is the worst and I am thinking of not watching anymore. I agree if the producers knew Shamar was like this shame on them for putting him on the show! This guy has a Facebook page and he is not liked by other marines. Then you have delusional Phillip who thinks he's a spy and crazy Brandon threatening to pee on the food. This is not entertainment to me!
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I've watched this show since the second season. This one so far is the worst and I am thinking of not watching anymore. I agree if the producers knew Shamar was like this shame on them for putting him on the show! This guy has a Facebook page and he is not liked by other marines. Then you have delusional Phillip who thinks he's a spy and crazy Brandon threatening to pee on the food. This is not entertainment to me!
    I think this one might lose me as well. So far it's been
    Coco46 and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Woah. It's only two episodes in, FannyMare and straycat80... and no Colton and Alisha in sight. It's not that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46
    I am really proud of our armed services, esp. the Marines (my husband was one in the Vietnam war), but Shamar is not what the Marines represent and I am very angry that he is on this show. I cringe whenever he has camera time. Did the producers know he was this way? If so, shame on them!!!!! BTW, if there are any soldiers on this forum, thank you so much for your service.
    You know, this is interesting to me. I think, as a society, we need to get past the "one person represents all" thing. I think most people understand that Shamar is not a representative of an entire group of servicemen. We are all individuals with different personalities, and just because one person "is" something, it doesn't mean the represent all of them.
    Should all black men also hang their heads low because of Shamar? Of course not.
    Should all good looking cool people be ashamed because Reynold and friends don't know how to count? Absolutely not.
    Should all Hantz's be ashamed? No. Well. Maybe.
    CIA agents hang their head low because of Phillip? Nope. I don't even know how I can follow that up.

My point is this, just because Marines do amazing things and generally work hard and all that... doesn't mean that they are, all of them, great people. If Survivor cast people who fit their roles all the time: Marine=Good guy, Firefighter=Good guy, Farmer=country bumpkin, Lawyer=sneaky, etc. it would be a lie.

Anyone who judges an entire group of people based on one person or think that one person 'represents' the group, is ignorant. It's time to get over it. And for those who are worried people will do that... who cares? Why let other people's ignorance bother you? If I felt every "Christian" who opened their dang mouth was a representative of Christianity, I would never tell anyone I was religious ever again.

I am one of the few, or the only one that doesn't mind Shamar. I know Survivor has a heavy heavy edit. Of course I also don't mind Phillip the crazy.

I am just not feeling it this season spockwhat- that's all
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread