+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 2/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Francesca telling one of Philip's alliance members that she wants to vote Philip out was hysterical! Silly girl. Her history with him should have told her to keep her mouth shut. She would have been first out anyway. Philip's alliance is large and would have chosen her as first to go no matter what.

Erik is a very good looking man when his hair is wet and out of our viewing pleasure. I like long hair on men, very much, but his is too bushy and in an odd cut.

The cuddling/humping couple are just not very bright. How do they not know pairing up is the kiss of death.

The marine is a jerk. I would use stronger language if allowed. And he thought fighting on the first day over building the shelter was a good idea?

Though I don't like returning players, all of them on one team is better than mixing them in with the others.

I love this show and so glad it is back.
    mesachick and Photobabe like this.

Re: 2/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    SAP (Secret Agent Philip) refusing to even bury the hatchet with her or consider aligning with her.... And she's the one who is annoying, Philip? He and his pink panties need to go soon.
    I'm guessing that the producers bought Phillip a brand new pair of pink undies just for his use on the show. They're (unfortunately) too iconic to his "character" to not have around.

That said, I'm guessing Phillip makes it far again: I don't think anyone thinks they'd beat him in the finals and he's a great way to deflect drama. I can hope he goes early, but I'm just not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    OK 2nd try. My first response to your post got deleted, so here I go again. You should watch the episode before you make the claims you have made in your post. Francesca was not voted out because she was a "threat" in the physical sense. I'm not going to even try to take the time to explain the episode to you, just watch it before you bash all of Survivor since whatever season it was that you stopped watching.
    I didn't quit watching the show after Heroes vs Villains. I have quit watching seasons when they became horrible or just started off horrible. The last season I watched most of was the one where Kim won, which wasn't that bad, not compared to, say, Redemption Island. I tried watching this first episode today. I really did. I couldn't stomach it. Sorry, but if I dislike something I lay my wrath down on it, it's in my nature. I just miss the Survivor where I can see people make smart moves and decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I was afraid Malcolm would take some heat for losing that tossing contest, but as far as we were shown he didn't. Sometimes blaming whoever lost the last challenge for the team is the easiest way to pick who goes home. It looks like he is laying low socially, although he stepped up in both challenges. I wonder why there were no conversations about him, since he's the only unknown among the favorites?
    Yeah, I was worried about that too until I saw how little camera time he was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    That said, I'm guessing Phillip makes it far again: I don't think anyone thinks they'd beat him in the finals and he's a great way to deflect drama. I can hope he goes early, but I'm just not seeing it.
    Gack. I should have said I don't think anyone thinks HE would beat THEM....

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Malcolm didn't do bad at the tossing challenge, just wasn't as quick as Reynold was. He did well on the earlier challenge. They need strong players on their tribe so they would have been dumb to get rid of Malcolm. There are a lot weaker people on his tribe than him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Uncle David, thanks for explaining the wrestling hold term... the phrase really did take me aback...as it did Jeff... it seemed like everyone froze when he said it. I was thinking Shamu (sorry, couldn't resist! ---at that size and with that name I"m sure I'm not the first!) really did have temper issues!

Re the length of the premiere...cut to 90 minutes... it was originally scheduled for 2 hours and then quite recently they announced the last half hour would be replaced by a rerun of M & M. As to what it was in other seasons...have to defer to those with good Survivor memories! I don't even recognize some of the "Favorites" and I've watched every season.
    Shoepie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    As to what it was in other seasons...have to defer to those with good Survivor memories! I don't even recognize some of the "Favorites" and I've watched every season.
    I remembered everyone but Andrea. Even after looking up Survivor: Redemption Island on Wikipedia, I can't remember her. That was the season Boston Rob and Russell went head to head. She was on Rob's tribe.

BTW, I also have to say I actually enjoyed the wildlife vignettes during the show too. The marsupial that eventually ended up eating the grasshopper was cute-creepy, and the bit with the crabs waving at each other was just plain weirdly amusing.
    Playbear and wannasee like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I did as well--it's actually a primate, a tarsier, not a marsupial, and it mostly eats insects (also sometimes birds, which I hope we don't get to see!). I vaguely recall that the crab waving is some kind of macho posturing, which certainly fit well!

+ Reply to Thread