+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Survivor Caramoan Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Survivor Caramoan Pool

That's a good compromise, Hyper. I think that's fair to all castaways involved and gives Brenda the credit due for winning the challenge. Thanks for the suggestion! In the past, I've given partial points to people chosen to participate in the reward even though they didn't win it and this scenario is kind of like that.

BTW, I figured up the scores between Brenda winning the challenge and the others winning the challenge and it doesn't change who the top three teams in the pool are so nobody is going to lose a pool win based on this decision. It helps to know that!
    Hyper likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Pool Results
    Episode 13

Brenda was eliminated this week. Nine pool teams included her—Brenda’s Benchwarmers, Burning Love, Curare Bowhunters, Droppa Mapantz, Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan, Pating, Retired Racers, Team Maybs, and Tigreng Warriors. In addition, she was the tribal leader of Brenda’s Benchwarmers. The only team with a reserve left, Droppa Mapantz, added their last ceremonial tribe member, Dawn.

Scoring Events
    Every castaway got 10 points for still being in the game, plus an additional 10 points for making it to the family visit episode.
    Brenda won reward (+10). However, she chose to forfeit participating in the BBQ so that Eddie, Erik, Cochran, and Sherri could go to the BBQ with their loved ones. All four castaways who participated in reward this week got 5 points.
    Dawn won individual immunity (+10).
    Brenda was voted out (-10) and became the sixth member of the jury (+5).

Individual Scores
    Brenda (Enil Edam): 25 points
    Cochran (Enil Edam): 25 points
    Dawn (Enil Edam): 30 points
    Eddie (Enil Edam): 25 points
    Erik (Enil Edam): 25 points
    Sherri (Enil Edam): 25 points

Weekly Scores
    Brenda’s Benchwarmers: 105 points
    Burning Love: 155 points
    Caramoan Schmaramoan: 80 points
    Caramoaning: 130 points
    Curare Bowhunters: 105 points
    Droppa Mapantz: 150 points
    JLuv’s Jokers: 110 points
    Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan: 105 points
    Pating: 105 points
    Retired Racers: 75 points
    Stealth R Us, Inc.: 25 points
    Team Maybs: 130 points
    The Fighting Felines: 80 points
    The Natural Blues: 50 points
    Tigreng Warriors: 50 points

Tribe Rankings/Overall Scores
    1. Caramoaning: 1185 points
    2. Team Maybs: 1155 points
    3. Burning Love: 1140 points
    4. Curare Bowhunters: 1120 points
    4. Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan: 1120 points
    5. Droppa Mapantz: 1115 points
    6. Pating: 1070 points
    7. The Fighting Felines: 1055 points
    8. Brenda’s Benchwarmers: 1010 points
    9. JLuv’s Jokers: 1005 points
    10. Caramoan Schmaramoan: 985 points
    11. Tigreng Warriors: 945 points
    12. Stealth R Us, Inc.: 935 points
    13. Retired Racers: 860 points
    14. The Natural Blues: 815 points

The finale is right around the corner and all of the pool tribes are in a frenzy to make their big moves and edge out the competition for the win!

At the Caramoaning camp, the zebras are practicing their agility and stamina, racing at a full trot to keep in first place. They go into the final episodes with a tribe of four, including their tribal leader.

In second place, Team Maybs is planning an aggressive attack. While the gorillas aren’t as swift as the zebras, they could have the might to take them down. They’re running out of time to catch up to them, though.

Burning Love continues to climb the leaderboard and goes into the finale in third place! The frilled lizards have been on the move for weeks and, like Caramoaning, they still have four tribe members left, including their leader. They will likely give Caramoaning and Team Maybs a run for their money in the last few episodes!

Curare Bowhunters and Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan share fourth place but are not allies. The Bowhunters have Erik on their tribe while Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan has Sherri. A massive battle is bound to break out between the poison dart frogs and the ospreys, with the victor possibly taking fourth place on the final leaderboard.

A fourth place finish is not guaranteed for the tribes currently in fourth because moving up swiftly behind them is Droppa Mapantz. The hippos are 5 points away from stomping all over them and are looking good as they go into the final episodes with a full tribe and a tribal leader. Will the one extra tribe member be enough to give Droppa the win in the pool? Even if not, it could at least place them in the top three.

Pating is currently circling the waters in sixth place. The great white shark is determined to prevent any rivals from getting ahead of them in the pool, cutting off passage to the upper reaches of the leaderboard for tribes further down the leaderboard. Only massive firepower will get the sharks out of the way for tribes determined enough to break past them.

The Fighting Felines are also feeling territorial. The lions haven’t been fed in weeks and are prowling around the middle of the leaderboard, looking for prey to pick off. They have the same remaining tribe members as Pating so they have no chance of besting them. Their next best bet is to form an alliance with Pating to maintain their position in the pool until the end.

Brenda’s Benchwarmers are hot under the collar about Dawn’s betrayal of their tribal leader, Brenda. They went off on a rampage that only stopped when JLuvs Jokers threatened to shoot them with an elephant gun. It was only a cork gun but the elephants didn’t know that (those silly Jokers!). The Benchwarmers are cooling off on a bench in eight place, planning their revenge against Dawn.

Speaking of Dawn, she’s the tribal leader of JLuv’s Jokers. The hyenas got a good laugh at Brenda’s expense when their leader sided with Cochran and Sherri to vote out their friend and finder of lost teeth at this week’s tribal council. They might not be laughing so hard if Dawn faces retribution from her former buddy at the final tribal council. Or maybe the Jokers will get the last laugh after all if Dawn wins this season of Survivor.

Caramoan Schmaramoan is in tenth place. The tarsiers have three members left on their tribe and have their eyes wide open, looking for an opportunity to move up in the last few episodes. Could this tribe slip under the radar and jump ahead of other tribes before the end?

Tigreng Warriors have all their hopes riding on Cochran, their last remaining tribe member. The tigers are not ending the season strong but fortunately they gained enough points early in the competition to keep them out of the bottom three.

Stealth R Us also has only one tribe member left to take them to the end. Sherri is the one the flying foxes are counting on to keep them alive. It will take all of their stealth to get out of the bat cave and move out of twelfth place before the season ends.

Retired Racers are in thirteenth place but the saluki are not in the dog house yet. They have two tribe members left and that gives them a longshot of getting the jump on Stealth R Us.

The last place tribe, The Natural Blues, also has two tribe members left. It would be a miracle and a wondrous come-from-behind victory if the great blue whales could emerge from last place. If they pull it off, they’ll be the stuff of legends and fishermen will be telling tales about them for years to come!

Burning Love got the highest weekly score. Their reward is a bbq with their loved ones. They may invite one other tribe to join them for the meal. Everyone else will get to visit with their loved ones. They just won’t get to eat! They’ll have rice and beans back at camp (coconuts, too, if they want to climb a tree to get them).
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I can`t believe I`m in third and got the top score again. This is as exciting as if I was really on Survivor without the starvation, lack of sleep, bug bites, no toilets and annoying people you can`t get away from. I choose to learn from Brenda and refuse to pick another team to come on reward with me since EVERYONE is SO deserving so I decide that everyone else can draw straws and who gets the biggest one can join us for the BBQ.
    Brooks and Hyper like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

My vote is that the points should go to Brenda. She was the challenge and she's not the first to give a reward to someone else.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Pool Results
    Episode 14 and Awards Presentation

This week, Erik was pulled from the game for medical reasons so Droppa Mapantz put their final reserve tribe member, Dawn, into play.

Scoring Events
    Every castaway got 10 points for still being in the game.
    Erik was pulled from the game for medical reasons and became the seventh member of the jury (+5).
    Cochran won the last reward challenge (+10) plus the last immunity challenge (+10).
    Eddie was voted out (-10) and became the eighth member of the jury (+5).
    Cochran, Dawn, and Sherri got 10 points for being the final three.
    Cochran won Sole Survivor (+20).
    Malcolm won Fan Favorite (+10).

Individual Scores
    Cochran (Enil Edam): 60 points
    Dawn (Enil Edam): 20 points
    Eddie (Enil Edam): 5 points
    Erik (Enil Edam): 15 points
    Malcolm: 10 points
    Sherri (Enil Edam): 20 points

Weekly Scores
    Brenda’s Benchwarmers: 50 points
    Burning Love: 175 points
    Caramoan Schmaramoan: 60 points
    Caramoaning: 125 points
    Curare Bowhunters: 105 points
    Droppa Mapantz: 115 points
    JLuv’s Jokers: 130 points
    Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan: 120 points
    Pating: 120 points
    Retired Racers: 85 points
    Stealth R Us, Inc.: 40 points
    Team Maybs: 165 points
    The Fighting Felines: 120 points
    The Natural Blues: 30 points
    Tigreng Warriors: 80 points

Tribe Rankings/Overall Scores
    1. Team Maybs: 1305 points
    2. Burning Love: 1295 points
    3. Caramoaning: 1290 points
    4. Mike Hawk’s Protection Plan: 1230 points
    5. Droppa Mapantz: 1220 points
    6. Curare Bowhunters: 1215 points
    7. Pating: 1180 points
    8. The Fighting Felines: 1165 points
    9. JLuv’s Jokers: 1125 points
    10. Brenda’s Benchwarmers: 1055 points
    11. Caramoan Schmaramoan: 1035 points
    12. Tigreng Warriors: 1020 points
    13. Stealth R Us, Inc.: 970 points
    14. Retired Racers: 935 points
    15. The Natural Blues: 835 points

This promised to be an epic fight to the end and it was!

JLuv’s Jokers made the first hit, with the hyenas dashing after Brenda’s Benchwarmers yipping and nipping until they brought the elephant herd down.

Droppa Mapantz took out Curare Bowhunters. The hippos’ hide was too tough for Curare’s poison darts to penetrate so the hippos charged right over them and forced them to flee. Droppa couldn’t overtake Mike Hunt’s Protection Plan, though, so the ospreys remained ahead of them.

Team Maybs unseated Caramoaning to claim the overall victory! The gorillas reclaimed the throne they held from episode 2 to episode 6 and ended the season where they began—in first place. The zebras of Caramoaning were badly injured in the final duel and dropped back to third place. Burning Love moved up to claim second place.

After the dust settled and all wounds were patched up,
    Jeff Probst arrived by helicopter to give out awards.

R2maybs (Team Maybs) won the pool and gets a commemorative avatar to celebrate their win!

JohnnyK (The Natural Blues) came in last place
    and gets the Wooden Spoon Award as their consolation prize.

Honorable Mentions to Midol (Burning Love) and Arielflies (Caramoaning) for placing second and third. You both chose your teams well and gave a valiant effort at going for the win.
    You didn't make this an easy victory for r2maybs.

Congratulations to all the winners for a job well done!

I hope everyone enjoyed their experience in the pool! We have to wait until September to do another Survivor pool but I look forward to it and hope everyone will participate again. As always, if you have any comments or suggestions, let me know! Tell me how the reserve team member option worked for you. The only thing I didn’t like about it was there wasn’t much movement on the leaderboard until reserve members had been used up but overall I think it worked out well. Nobody had to be short on tribe members until the add/replace week came or had to worry about missing the opportunity to change their team.
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-13-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thank you [B]pikachu[B]. Brenda's elephants are despondent but looking forward to a little Brenda to carry life forward. Thanks for all your hard work this season.

Thanks for all your hard work Pikachu. It was a really fun season and I'm already looking forward to the next one.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Well done. I wish I had taken part
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks for the new Avatar!!!

I can't believe I won, it was a really close battle...
    Hyper likes this.

It sure was close, r2maybs! If Brenda had won Fan Favorite instead of Malcolm, you and Burning Love would have tied for first place. His ten points gave you just enough to claim sole victory!

I'm already sad that Survivor won't be on Wednesday nights until September. Funny how Survivor went from being a reality show I could take or leave to being one of my favorite shows. At least I'll have So You Think You Can Dance to look forward to during the week--another of my favorite reality shows!

+ Reply to Thread