+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Malcolm - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Malcolm - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    After his comment last show, I see Malcolm in a different light. He said something about having a history or good track record of lying to women, and I thought well I guess he's a cad after all. I'm surprised no one else here picked up on it, but I think the blinders tend to be on where Malcolm is concerned for a lot of his fans. Am I really the only one that bothered?
    No, you're not the only one bothered by that. Addtionallly, I am still bothered by Malcolm stating twice that he had been inspired by O.J. Simpson. He did state that it was prior to the murders, but to still consider him an inspiration for whatever reason just doesn't sit well with me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    The two people who posted immediately before you did comment on this. I do think those who like him will be more forgiving. I do like Malcolm, he was so not what I was expecting based on his answers on his bio during his first season. I am not surprised by his comment. I've known people who were really cool people to be around and people I really liked, but not ones I would want my daughter to get mixed up with. Quite frankly, his likeability is probably why he is able to be an accomplished liar with woman. I hope that he will outgrow this as he matures and seeks more permanent/lasting relationships in his life, but he is young and it would seem this is not what he seeks at this point.
    NCLurker:
    You make a lot of good points.
    I confess to being on of those who gives Malcolm a pass on the things that have been mentioned, probably because he is so darn easy to look at.

In my "defense" studies have shown that attractive people have an easier time being accepted etc. than those who are not, because someplace deep inside human beings equate physical beauty with moral/spiritual beauty. It was a big deal in the Renaissance with artists like Michelangelo and Raphael etc.

So I'm not alone in having that reaction but I really do need to be more aware of why I am responding in certain ways to specific individuals. It's helpful info to have and refer to often in real life.

Malcolm - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    No, you're not the only one bothered by that. Addtionallly, I am still bothered by Malcolm stating twice that he had been inspired by O.J. Simpson. He did state that it was prior to the murders, but to still consider him an inspiration for whatever reason just doesn't sit well with me.
    Count me in. From the minute I read his first bio, he set off my douchebag radar. Still don't like him. Pretty is as pretty does.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, I was also on the Whaaat?!! line about the OJ remark, but as I said then I think he may have been too young to follow the trial, etc., and just been inspired by some old book about OJ's childhood. And I don't know that he had time to revise it much between Survivor seasons.... Certainly his behavior in his first season was not at all the douchebag style---he formed an alliance with a Sherri type older woman and generally stuck to it for a long time. Not the usual pretty boy, Reynold type, behavior. Which is why I'm a little dismayed by the line about having all this experience lying to women outside the game... Here I was thinking well for once someone wasn't spoiled by being born with good looks. Hoping he can explain that some day.

I don't recall his first season bio ... but ... I thought the comment about "being accomplished liar with woman" was sort of a great one-liner ... an attempt at joking, that is..
    Lil Bit, ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    JMO, but I don't think any of us truly know all there is to know about any people who are part of Reality TV and can only go by what we read or see in videos. I heard that comment and took it to mean he was talking about lying to females this season as well as from his past season. Not saying you are wrong and I am right, but just hearing the same thing and not taking it the same way.

I know Malcolm while in college helped to organize and run a program that paired varsity athletes with underprivileged children in a free-to-join sports league. It still exists today. I don't know if I am right, but I still have high regard of Malcolm as a person and jmho.

Just another side note that I am not sure if anyone was aware of, but last season at the finale when they took a vote to see if Denise would have won if Malcolm was there with her and the vote turned out to show she still would have won. Come to find out it was a prank by Carter, Penner, and Pete who figured that question was going to be asked and said that they were going to lie and not raise their hands when asked that question by Jeff. It was to pull a prank on Jeff Probst as Jeff was just about positive that Malcolm would have won if Denise and Malcolm had been there at the end. They told Malcolm ahead of time what they were doing and just wanted to mess with it. Malcolm asked the interviewer on the Red Carpet if he noticed that Malcolm turned around and was cracking up. He also went on to say that he is close friends with all of them including Lisa and talked to Denise almost daily.
    I didn't know any of that! Thanks! I'm glad Denise made the right decision then, as I was hoping for her to win. I would have wanted Malcolm to be 2nd, but, like Jeff, I was pretty sure that wouldn't happen if Malcolm were up there.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I'm a Malcolm fan so I may be biased, but I thought he was just being facetious when he said he was good at lying to women.
    Brooks, Minney and Jaceegirl like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

Well, it didn't upset me that he made the comment. I cringed a little because those type comments nearly always garner a good bit of negative debate, but I happen to think his actions have spoken far more about who he truly is than any words he has spoken to this point. I was expecting him to be a piece of work in the most negative way, but that isn't at all what I have witnessed in either season. I don't know him in real life and, therefore, cannot pass judgement on what he may or may not be in that realm.
    Lil Bit and Jaceegirl like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't even think about it afterwards.
    holly71 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm a Malcolm fan so I may be biased, but I thought he was just being facetious when he said he was good at lying to women.
    I hope he was, that and the OJ thing in his bio x2 doesn't make for such a nice guy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread