+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Julia - Caramoan (Fan)

Re: Julia - Caramoan (Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Stuyvesant, according to the website Maul52 linked to a few pages back...you only see that if you click on the "about" page and then run your cursor over the year's achievements at the bottom of the page...mostly they are racecar victories and then comes graduated from Stuyvesant with honors!

Bobby Darin at Bronx Science??? OK, significantly weird!
    Thanks again, pws. Now that I think of it, my husband did go to Stuyvesant, not Bronx Sci. It was a long, long, time ago and before we had met.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-31-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I would be too! Who wants to be called vanilla! Especially if you are the kind of female who spends most of her time in masculine worlds (science & math, race cars)---you aren't looking to be seen as sweet and bland! You'd think she might have connected well with Cochran, at least on an intellectual level.... Maybe they never talked.
    So what if Cochran called her vanilla, he is not the only contestant to mention that she was checked out during the game. This is a social game, you are living in each other pockets 24/7 for several days. I would find it kinda weird if you never talked to me or didn't even introduce yourself to me over a several day period when you are on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere with no TV, internet or phone to use and very primitive living conditions.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting that there are way more comments on Julia AFTER she left than while she was on the show! I guess she can "thank" Cochran for that!
    ilja likes this.

I rather liked Julia based on her final episode. Can't really comment on her playing strategy, but the ability to keep one's mouth shut and not humiliate oneself in this game is a skill many contestants don't have. I think she and her family can be proud of her.

Too bad she didn't make it to the jury. She would have been a swell Mayor of Ponderosa (first voted out) and we would have gotten to know her there.
    Last edited by Brooks; 04-01-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Lil Bit and maul52 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I rather liked Julia based on her final episode. Can't really comment on her playing strategy, but the ability to keep one's mouth shut and not humiliate oneself in this game is a skill many contestants don't have. I think she and her family can be proud of her.

Too bad she didn't make it to the jury. She would have been a swell Mayor of Ponderosa (first voted out) and we would have gotten to know her there.
    I agree, she would have been great at Ponderosa. But only those of us who "go hunting" even watch Ponderosa, so nothing she would have shown there would count anyway. She'd still be "vanilla" and still would have "checked out" of the game and still would have been a "floater". Also, I find it interesting how some people put so much importance on what Jeff Probst has to say about the contestants during the game. He is not living with them 24/7 and is obviously not aware of what happens at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    I agree, she would have been great at Ponderosa. But only those of us who "go hunting" even watch Ponderosa, so nothing she would have shown there would count anyway. She'd still be "vanilla" and still would have "checked out" of the game and still would have been a "floater". Also, I find it interesting how some people put so much importance on what Jeff Probst has to say about the contestants during the game. He is not living with them 24/7 and is obviously not aware of what happens at camp.
    I think Jeff is very aware.Of course I know we will differ- but Jeff knows what goes on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Doesn't Jeff have an opportunity to watch all the footage? I always thought he had his finger on the pulse of the game.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The one point where he completely screwed up was the demise of Johnny Fairplay's grannie. The show had gone as far as contacting Fairplay's mom to extend condolences. Jeff definitely sees a lot of footage, and I think after the grannie caper he is even more vigilant. Often at tribal council Jeff will subtly bait the contestants with something that had been happening at camp.
    holly71 likes this.

This thread has now gone OFF TOPIC. It will close for the time being as Julia has been voted off and is not a member of the jury.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The thread is re-opened, but, please stay on topic and away from arguments that may escalate. Also, it would be appreciated if NO MENTION of Cochran's PI regarding Julia re-enter this thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast