+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Midol one of the reasons may have been that these so called fans from this season had never seen a show before. I just happened to watch After Buzz just today, and the panel that covers the Survivor show were discussing that. They were amazed at whoever does the casting for the show these days because they interviewed the whole cast and said that not one of the fans had ever seen even one show.

. . .
    That is freaking ridiculous! I don't demand much of these shows since I understand their need to be profitable, but to call someone a fan who has never seen the show is downright immoral.
    Punkin, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    That is freaking ridiculous! I don't demand much of these shows since I understand their need to be profitable, but to call someone a fan who has never seen the show is downright immoral.
    I think they have been living under a rock not to have seen any of the show. Not sure I buy that
    Hyper likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think they have been living under a rock not to have seen any of the show. Not sure I buy that
    According to the After Buzz people who did the interviews that was what they said to them. Not sure why those being interviewed would lie about it. Even though I love Survivor and have watched from Season 1 I have many friends who have never turned it on. I also love AR and there again my same friends have never watched an episode of that. I tell them they are missing out on two great shows, but they have no interest.

Said by ilja That is freaking ridiculous! I don't demand much of these shows since I understand their need to be profitable, but to call someone a fan who has never seen the show is downright immoral.
    Your reaction and mine was echoed by the people on After Buzz. Even Jerry who has played before mentioned someone (I think a family member) said every casting call this person who is a true fan who watches the show has always been first in line and never received a call back.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 05-27-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Maybe, but how many seasons has this been on. Maybe they haven't seen a whole one- I guess they have no reason to lie, or do they?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe, but how many seasons has this been on. Maybe they haven't seen a whole one- I guess they have no reason to lie, or do they?
    Maybe they were too embarrassed by their game play or lack thereof.

I think they were especially upset because they called the season Fans vs. Favorites. If it was a regular season then I don't think it would bother people as much. If casting wants certain personalities to be on for show purposes then don't call it that making people believe these are all die hard fans like Cochran certainly was. I guess one of the commentators who is a true fan has been trying season after season to get on and another one who did, but now has given up. Along with the person Jerri Manthey (finally had to look it up) mentioned who has been first in line for several seasons for casting call.

On the show Jerri called out Eddie, Reynolds and Shamu and she got the entire list from Sherri at some point. TBH I am not sure if Sherri herself did or did not watch the show. There were interviews they did after and I missed the one with Sherri or they took it down.

Sherri said she was fan, maybe they lie to get on the show.
    -Andy Rooney-

Looks like he won't just be writing about Big Brother

https://twitter.com/JohnMCochran/sta...93934035800064

Way to go Cochran!
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post

Way to go Cochran!
    I just watched a preview ... and I can't get past Margo Martindale as a KGB handler on "The Americans" ... and now as a sort of crude Mother to Will Arnett.

I hope John's writing will improve it some.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post

Way to go Cochran!
    WTG!!! I think he will be great!
    -Andy Rooney-

Good for him. I would never have read anything he did for Big Brother, a show I can't stand. Now, he's getting started in scripted tv and will hopefully build a reputation there as a writer.
    jucamer likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread