+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Jeff said he was about to graduate from Harvard Law. I hope he takes the bar exam before he forgets it all, just to keep his options open in the future.
    Jexter, ilja and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Jeff said he was about to graduate from Harvard Law. I hope he takes the bar exam before he forgets it all, just to keep his options open in the future.
    Yes, me too. After all the 'glory' of winning Survivor fades, real life goes on for most who play this game. Whatever he does, I know he will be smart enough not to waste all the time, money and effort that goes into getting a law degree. Might be fun to entertain the idea of writing for a living or being in the entertainment industry (blogging for a show, writing sitcoms) but nobody knows how long something like that would last.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    As far as I know, the bar exam is based on intensive studying you do after you graduate and a lot of it isn't based on what you learned at law school. And there are different exams for different states (some reciprocal). He may not want to stay in Massachusetts.
    Florimel and KatesMom like this.

To the Point

My understanding is the same Brooks. I have a friends who has passed the bar in 3 states and practiced law in 3 states, but currently works and resides in a state for which they never took the bar. There are lots of jobs out there for which a law degree, even without passing the bar, is possible, but you have to have the right connections or be in the right industry.
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    As far as I know, the bar exam is based on intensive studying you do after you graduate and a lot of it isn't based on what you learned at law school. And there are different exams for different states (some reciprocal). He may not want to stay in Massachusetts.
    Yes, I always say law school taught me to think like a lawyer, but the bar exam prep classes actually taught me the law!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yes, I always say law school taught me to think like a lawyer, but the bar exam prep classes actually taught me the law!
    Aha ! An educational experience a Mom of Six doesn't necessarily have.

Dawn pairing with Cochran from the beginning was very smart.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Aha ! An educational experience a Mom of Six doesn't necessarily have.

Dawn pairing with Cochran from the beginning was very smart.
    Dawn is an English professor so is pretty intelligent and articulate herself. I can see why they might be drawn to one another besides the fact that they played together previously. I still can't believe that nobody figured out they were working together. Just the fact that they had played together would have made me suspicious.
    Punkin and Jexter like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Dawn is an English professor so is pretty intelligent and articulate herself. I can see why they might be drawn to one another besides the fact that they played together previously. I still can't believe that nobody figured out they were working together. Just the fact that they had played together would have made me suspicious.
    I couldn't either except because Cochran was the nerd and Dawn was the Mom ... both non threatening and there was Phillip to deal with most of the time
    Punkin and Midol like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Oh, I know that, but I think it must still help to still be in studying mode and have the terms, big Supreme Court cases, etc., still fresh in your mind. One of my kids is a lawyer and his firm even paid for his bar prep class (in a different state than his law school). I know that law students usually do an internship over the summer before their 3rd year that, if it works out, is where you get a job (at least that was the case before the recession, and probably still is for Harvard students), and I wonder where Cochran worked that summer.

Do you have to decide what your law specialty will be before taking any bar exam?

Cochran could also go into entertainment law at some point.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread