+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Well, I seem to recall some pretty good barbs he let go in his PIs. Then again, most of them were about Philip so I give him a pass there. But he isn't immune to being snarky or catty. He's just really well spoken and it comes across as witty rather than mean a lot of times.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well, I seem to recall some pretty good barbs he let go in his PIs. Then again, most of them were about Philip so I give him a pass there. But he isn't immune to being snarky or catty. He's just really well spoken and it comes across as witty rather than mean a lot of times.
    His dry wit catches my heart. I never saw any nastiness. When her referred to Eddie, Reynold and Malcom as the Bold and the Beautiful, I didnt see that as nasty. Keen wit radiated to me.

Another gem was. When Brandon was here it was an insane asylum, glad to see he flew over the ckoo ckoo's nest. And now ow we have Phillip. I am paraphrasing here; his wording was much better. And there have been more. I love this kid. I want to lick his brain.
    nanaslbkp, jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    His dry wit catches my heart. I never saw any nastiness. When her referred to Eddie, Reynold and Malcom as the Bold and the Beautiful, I didnt see that as nasty. Keen wit radiated to me.

Another gem was. When Brandon was here it was an insane asylum, glad to see he flew over the ckoo ckoo's nest. And now ow we have Phillip. I am paraphrasing here; his wording was much better. And there have been more. I love this kid. I want to lick his brain.
    He has a very dry wit - I love that
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved how he asked his mom how her flight was in the middle of the challenge. He probably figured they had no chance, and not knowing they'd have more time (and that his dad was there too) so why not just talk right then and there. I also loved how shocked he was at seeing his dad grilling
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't see the bolded as nasty since they refered to themselves as the beautiful people. I find Cochran to have a very dry, witty sense of humour. I could see him on my favourite sitcom ... The Big Bang Theory!
    Florimel likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Again ... so all of what Cochran says is dry wit and not mean. These are just his personality traits.

Dawn, on the other hand can't get a break. She cries too much, she doesn't "own" her game play ... puh-leeze!

Others might be just as witty and fun ... but we see Cochran's narrations throughout.
    Much of this is edited after they know how far most of them go ... and they also have a darn good idea of who is going to win.

The word "shyster" comes to mind, but it might be just slightly too extreme to describe Cochran.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Again ... so all of what Cochran says is dry wit and not mean. These are just his personality traits.

Dawn, on the other hand can't get a break. She cries too much, she doesn't "own" her game play ... puh-leeze!

Others might be just as witty and fun ... but we see Cochran's narrations throughout.
    Much of this is edited after they know how far most of them go ... and they also have a darn good idea of who is going to win.

The word "shyster" comes to mind, but it might be just slightly too extreme to describe Cochran.
    The show finished filming in June 2012. All of the show was edited after the results were known to producers.

It is always important to keep in mind that this is an edited show...as are all reality shows. The producers want to tell a story and they may do it at the expense of some. Some things are exaggerated and others downplayed. People are not as black and white as they are sometimes portrayed. This is why I rarely hate any contestant. However, having said that, of all the reality shows (with the exception of AR), Survivor seems to stick the most to a factual representation of the truth. This is why it is now coming out of the cast interviews that Dawn actually cried even more than we were shown. She owned her game at the end, but by then it was too late. The consequences of her emotional gameplay were too difficult to overcome. This is the story told through the edit. Same with Sherri.

A contestant from another reality show ... The Bachelor, where producers are known for significantly distorting the truth ... said that they can't edit what you don't give them. Apparently both Dawn and Cochran gave them plenty!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re editing--they do love witty confessionals, and I think if others gave them we'd have seen them---even if the person is going early, just because it justifies bringing that person back in the future. Malcolm got more air time than Eddie even though Eddie went further, because Malcolm was funnier. And more insightful.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Re editing--they do love witty confessionals, and I think if others gave them we'd have seen them---even if the person is going early, just because it justifies bringing that person back in the future. Malcolm got more air time than Eddie even though Eddie went further, because Malcolm was funnier. And more insightful.
    Exactly!!! That is why Malcom got so much screen time last season. He was attractive, articulate, funny and played well. Dream casting for this season. I wouldn't be surprised that they brought him back again since they left that bit in the tribute of the fallen survivors about how he feels he left more out there.
    Marlena_M likes this.

I just read a pretty revealing interview of Cochran where he announced he's going to be the Big Brother recapper for Entertainment Weekly‘s website EW.com. He also mentioned his distaste of the Brenda demanding Dawn remove her teeth tantrum (that's my word).

John Cochran explains how he won 'Survivor: Caramoan', weighs in on Toothgate, and announces his brand new job...for EW!

link
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

+ Reply to Thread