+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Erik - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Erik - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    (Thanks waywyrd!!)

I'm really impressed with Erik's game right now, for all kinds of reasons.

First of all, choosing to not vote with the muscled boys was a great choice for him. Not only is he still part of the majority alliance right now, but he is far under the radar as an immunity threat.
    By choosing to not go in with those boys, he knows as long as one of them are still around, and he himself lies low, they will be the target.

Secondly, not only will those guys be the target for being immunity threats, he himself should be. I think he could be doing better at challenges then we've seen lately... that's pretty smart on his part if it's the case.

Also, I loved how he was the one who pointed out that the muscled boys may hold back an idol if they change their vote. That was great thinking in a pressure situation.

So it's working great for Erik because every time a person from the majority alliance gets voted out, like Fillup did last week, and Malcolm, Reynold and Eddie are there, it puts Erik one step closer to the final three... by the time his own alliance sees Erik as an immunity threat, there may be only one or two immunities left, and that may be too late.

Finally, he seems to fairly well liked among the people there. We haven't really heard if Malcolm's group is holding a grudge against him, but ultimately, they may respect him for this move.

Right now, because of the strong playing of so many people in this game, I have a lot of people I'd love to see among the top three. Erik is right in there.
    But I thought Erik was the one who voted fill-up?

I was wondering if that might have been what he and Cochran were whispering about after Malcolm brought out the other idol. Maybe Cochran mentioned it to Erik and Erik said it to the rest of them. I don't know. It's only speculation on my part, but although I think Erik is a great guy and good at challenges, I'm not sure he's the brightest crayon in the box.
    holly71 likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yup. Eric was the flipper with the Fillup.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

No, he doesn't seem bright OTOH still waters run deep
    Lil Bit likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I thought he was playing a decent game his first time around, just made one of the stupidest mistakes in Survivor history. I feel he's playing better this time, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    But I thought Erik was the one who voted fill-up?
    Yes, Erik is the one that voted Fillup! They showed him coloring in the letters as he voted. I wonder, though, if anybody in the majority alliance will know that because they only showed three votes for Fillup, that was enough to vote him out. Fillup actually got four votes, from the 3 Amigos and Erik. Erik is still strategically in a good spot to go with either alliance. He's one to watch this season, for sure.
    spockwhat likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Erik didn't have to vote the original way, he just needed the Malcolm alliance to THINK they were going to vote the original way. It was to ensure the idols were played, that's all. After that, he was free to vote however he liked.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Since Jeff always drags out the suspense as long as possible people on the majority "team" will know that Malcolm was missing a vote....that the last vote would also have been for Phil. At least Cochran will know that! Not so sure about some of the others.... So it will be known that someone flipped.
    Brooks likes this.

^It took me a while to figure out what you mean there, but you make a good point. The votes are always ordered in a way that maximizes suspense, and since only 2 Malcolm votes were read, people should be able to figure out that someone "didn't follow the original plan." If Malcolm, Eddie, and Reynold are the next to go, Erik may have a better shot at winning some immunities. But I really don't see him having a chance at winning if he does make it to the end. I don't see his "strategy" as coming off well, especially compared to any of the others (except for Sherri maybe, or Eddie, but I highly doubt that Eddie would make the F3).
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

So apparently one of Erik's upcoming comics is a parody of Survivor. Scroll down to "Starving, for Attention" for a description:

Erik Reichenbach Comics! - What does this Guy Write?

Might be fun to check out. I love that there's what appears to be Jeff Probst hang gliding at the top of the cover lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast