+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Eddie - Caramoan (Fan)

Re: Eddie - Caramoan (Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Eddie is in the F5 through sheer dumb luck. It has nothing to do with him outwitting anyone. He's pretty much proven he'll bail on an individual immunity for a candy bar or less, so he is no serious threat. Malcolm was voted out for being a threat challenge-wise, a threat in the FTC because he was so well-liked, and a threat because he is in fact a strategist. Eddie outlasting Malcolm in no way, at least in my mind, indicates he is a better player at Survivor. If that were the case, then we would have to say that all the goats who were taken to the F2 or F3 and received no votes were better players than those who played hard and were voted out along the way. Technically, if you look at the standings on a piece of paper, you could make that assumption based on where everyone ended up, but for me it's not necessarily where you land that makes you a good player, it's how you play the game.
    I completely agree with this. Yes, Eddie has outlasted Malcolm and others, but as far as outwitting or outplaying anyone, no he has not done that. At least in most people's confessionals they mention some sort of strategy that they're using, or have some insightful thoughts into the game and what their next move should be. Eddie's only strategy/plan was getting into the "cool kids" alliance of 4 in the fans tribe, and we all know how bad of a plan that was. He always seems to be out of the loop as to what's going on. He has rarely cast a vote for the person who is actually voted off at a given TC, showing that he isn't privy to what's going on. He also has not really delivered in the challenges, compared to what you'd normally expect from a young, fit guy. He came in second in the knot/rope one where Cochran had the advantage, but other than that he's been disappointing, jumping off really early for donuts in that one challenge.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

If Eddie wins, which he probably won't, he'll probably be in the three worst winners of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Eddie is in the F5 through sheer dumb luck. It has nothing to do with him outwitting anyone. He's pretty much proven he'll bail on an individual immunity for a candy bar or less, so he is no serious threat. Malcolm was voted out for being a threat challenge-wise, a threat in the FTC because he was so well-liked, and a threat because he is in fact a strategist. Eddie outlasting Malcolm in no way, at least in my mind, indicates he is a better player at Survivor. If that were the case, then we would have to say that all the goats who were taken to the F2 or F3 and received no votes were better players than those who played hard and were voted out along the way. Technically, if you look at the standings on a piece of paper, you could make that assumption based on where everyone ended up, but for me it's not necessarily where you land that makes you a good player, it's how you play the game.
    I was not saying that he played a better game ... only that he was playing his game.

He actually made a strong strategic move telling Cochran that he would be next after himself. In essence ... he bought himself an additional week, a few more $$$, and a chance at the Final immunity Challenge. If he had won the FIC ... Cochran (probably) would have been gone ... unless of course Cochran could have convinced him that Dawn was a bigger threat. Eddie getting himself to that position was more than Malcolm was able to do making him a pretty good player.

So ... I don't think Eddie is as stupid as he acts or others think ... I think it was his strategy. The guy who joined in and explained how the fluids would help Erik was a different guy than we've seen all season. So it was sort of the still waters strategy.
    Florimel likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I'm not an EMT but even I knew what was in that IV and could have told Erik the same.

Eddie didn't sound like a talking rock for one scene. Kudos to him.

However, I'm sure he's a fine fireman, so thank you Eddie for that. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for strangers have a special place in the world.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was stunned in that scene--it was like a whole other person took over Eddie's body. I actually looked to see if it was someone else talking! Coherent sentences, big words, technical terms used correctly....who are you and what have you done with Eddie?
    I started to wonder if the doofus was just a role he'd assumed for the show! And maybe it was. If he ever gets to a F3 maybe we'll find out...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I was stunned in that scene--it was like a whole other person took over Eddie's body. I actually looked to see if it was someone else talking! Coherent sentences, big words, technical terms used correctly....who are you and what have you done with Eddie?
    I started to wonder if the doofus was just a role he'd assumed for the show! And maybe it was. If he ever gets to a F3 maybe we'll find out...
    Yes. I think that the doofus act is a role and that he is young, but not as stupid as some think.

Just by the way ... I don't think a bar and bark is such a bad idea. A bar owner in my old neighborhood, bought the store next door and turned it into a laundromat. It began really thriving almost immediately. People came in and watched sports, mingled, had a few all why they were doing their laundry.
    The owner, I think also had some food for sale and always had change available . It also brought in some new customers and women felt safe because they weren't completely alone!

So ... in a neighborhood where people have dogs and in a locale where animals are allowed on the premises .... or maybe next door where the owners can see them while they have a drink ... I do not think it's such a bad idea.
    holly71 and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

When he started talking about the bar/dog idea, I just

Actually, it endeared him to me a little bit more. What a goofball.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah...at least he had a thought in his head. Not sure how it works with being a firefighter, but the ones on Chicago Fire seem to be opening a bar together, so who knows!

What he can't have is dogs mixing with where the food is served...but it should still be workable.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah...at least he had a thought in his head. Not sure how it works with being a firefighter, but the ones on Chicago Fire seem to be opening a bar together, so who knows!

What he can't have is dogs mixing with where the food is served...but it should still be workable.
    There are outdoor cafes where dogs sit while people drink and eat. When I was in Paris there was a dog sitting on a chair at a table inside the restaurant and nobody blinked.
    holly71 likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    There are outdoor cafes where dogs sit while people drink and eat. When I was in Paris there was a dog sitting on a chair at a table inside the restaurant and nobody blinked.
    That's Paris---it's completely against the law in the US, I think in all states, to bring a dog (other than a service dog) INTO a restaurant or other food establishment. Although I imagine no one checks Paris Hilton's purse. Outdoors is ok.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast