+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Dawn asking Brenda to let her have the immunity because she hadn't won yet, then calmly voted her out, was one of the coldest things I've seen on this show. After all the hysterics over losing your teeth and seeing your husband, there wasn't one single tear shed at TC when she voted out the person who she said was the closest friend she had while there. Black widow, indeed.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Dawn asking Brenda to let her have the immunity because she hadn't won yet, then calmly voted her out, was one of the coldest things I've seen on this show. After all the hysterics over losing your teeth and seeing your husband, there wasn't one single tear shed at TC when she voted out the person who she said was the closest friend she had while there. Black widow, indeed.
    I'm not sure Brenda "let" her have the immunity--it wasn't edited that way to me. It would be one thing if they had a deal, but Brenda turned that down when Dawn asked. After that I didn't think Dawn "owed" her in the sense of keeping her.
    Duckyface and ilja like this.

It was just the fact that she asked her to give it up while knowing that without immunity, there's a high likelihood Brenda would be blindsided. Brenda turned her down, yes, but later she indicates she could have held on a lot longer. It was the asking that bothered me. Just shut up and outlast her, Dawn, if you plan on stabbing her in the back.
    Brooks likes this.

Even Jeff referred to it as a "sucker punch".

Brenda explained in one of her interviews that she jumped because Dawn begged Brenda to let Dawn's kids see her with the immunity necklace, they would be so proud of her, and Brenda wanted Dawn and her kids to have that.

I don't like that Dawn thinks because she has more kids (ok, kudus that they're adopted) than she can take care of she's somehow entitled to run over whoever she wants. I don't like entitlement attitudes. She knows it's wrong but she found this excuse.
    Last edited by Brooks; 05-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post

Brenda explained in one of her interviews that she jumped because Dawn begged Brenda to let Dawn's kids see her with the immunity necklace, they would be so proud of her, and Brenda wanted Dawn and her kids to have that.

I don't like that Dawn thinks because she has more kids (ok, kudus that they're adopted) than she can take care of she's somehow entitled to run over whoever she wants. I don't like entitlement attitudes. She knows it's wrong but she found this excuse
    This! ^ Great, she has kids (adopted or otherwise). That was her choice. It's great that she is giving kids a home, but it's not anyone else's obligation but hers to take care of them. I'm sorry (not really), but that doesn't make her more entitled to win anything, period.
    Florimel, Hyper, mesachick and 2 others like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post

I don't like that Dawn thinks because she has more kids (ok, kudus that they're adopted) than she can take care of she's somehow entitled to run over whoever she wants. I don't like entitlement attitudes. She knows it's wrong but she found this excuse.
    This! Exactly! Brenda even said she let go in an interview right after the immunity challenge. She said that if it had been Eddie, she would have hung on all day. She most definitely let Dawn win immunity. Dawn just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I don't like the entitlement that she feels is her's either. Just because you have kids, doesn't mean you deserve the money over someone that doesn't. It was her choice to have so many, especially since she adopted them. I too think that's a great thing as I am adopted, but that shouldn't be a justification for her winning the million dollars.
    holly71 and Florimel like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I totally agree with what Brooks posted. Maybe that's why I don't care for her .Her sense of entitlement.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I found Brenda's remark that she could have held on longer very Phillipish especially when you consider that it sure looked like she was slipping off there at the end and not just letting go. If Brenda wanted to make a deal with Dawn, she should have done so when Dawn asked instead of coming up with the BS excuse that it would be good for them to see how long they could last. It seems to me that it was Brenda who was acting entitled when she was voted off as though her gameplay somehow made her too good to be voted off.

Though, I will give her kudos for her actions on Ponderosa. She sure doesn't seem to be acting that way any longer. She is acting much more mature about things now. I like Brenda and Dawn.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I don't think Brenda felt entitled at all. She felt hurt - her words, and I believe it. I don't think she felt entitled due to her giving them all the reward she won, but it was more that it was her alliance that voted her out, when they didn't need to, since Eddie was still there. In fact, when Brenda and Dawn were talking when they were the last two left, they talked about how Eddie would be the one going, and Dawn lied and said it would be. I think that is what stung the most.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

As much as I like Brenda (...and don't like Dawn at all) and the way she played the game this time around....I don't believe she intentionally let go so that Dawn could win. Nopey nopey.... She simply couldn't hold on any longer.

+ Reply to Thread