+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I also don't see Dawn feeling "entitled" to win because she has so many kids. This isn't her first rodeo, she knows very well that that buys her almost nothing in this game. She just mentions her kids because the thought of winning money for their education etc., is what keeps her going, and mostly she just mentions it to the camera. FYI, Cochran is going to have a TON of debt when he finishes Harvard Law (I'm assuming his parents aren't paying--they don't look that well off), and unless he goes into corporate work it will take a long time to pay off (even then, since your expenses for things like clothes are higher in corporate work, will take quite a while). So I'm sure he'll appreciate the money as well. I'm sure even Sherri will be able to find good uses for the $$.
    Cochran mentioned his father is a neurologist, so I can assure you that they are, at the very least, living comfortably. They certainly shouldn't be hurting financially, that's for sure. I don't know if his parents are footing the bill for his education or if they are having him pay his own way, but Cochran is a smart kid, so I think it's quite possible he may have some grants or at least some type of scholarship (whether it be full or partial) to Harvard.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I hated it when Dawn pleaded with Eric like that. It just felt so distasteful for some reason. Probably not a rational reaction on my part, but there it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    echo there is still time- and you wont see it coming!
    Brenda wasn't nice the last time she played, I really disliked her. She changed her strategy, and it still didn't work
    No way! Didn't echo once help you to find a missing contact? That would be so immoral of you to do that kind of backstabbing! The next thing you know, there will be websites titled Howdarefannymarethisairshare.c om popping up all over the interwebs.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I hated it when Dawn pleaded with Eric like that. It just felt so distasteful for some reason. Probably not a rational reaction on my part, but there it is!
    I didn't like it either.

I also hated how Sherri got on her knees and bawled in the last episode when Brenda was trying to decide what to do about the family visits. I thought it was quite distasteful.
    holly71 and sweetpea like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    No way! Didn't echo once help you to find a missing contact? That would be so immoral of you to do that kind of backstabbing! The next thing you know, there will be websites titled Howdarefannymarethisairshare.c om popping up all over the interwebs.
    LOL! I thought there were sites like that already

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I didn't like it either.

I also hated how Sherri got on her knees and bawled in the last episode when Brenda was trying to decide what to do about the family visits. I thought it was quite distasteful.
    I think at that moment, when you need to see a family member, you don't think about how you will react. I give smug Sherri a pass on that one. If my son were hiding in a bush, 50 feet away, I would act the same way
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-11-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think at that moment, when you need to see a family member, you don't think about how you will react. I give smug Sherri a pass on that one. If my son were hiding in a bush, 50 feet away, I would act the same way
    I can't imagine feeling that way since obviously I never talk about my . . . never mind [/Gilda Radnor voice OFF].

If they ever do another Heroes vs Villains, I'm betting we'll see Dawn on the villains tribe. I'm not saying she IS a villain, just that that's something they could easily sell

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    For me, it was because she was making an emotional plea for him not to ruin her game. Erik has no responsibility to further Dawn's game. He should only be looking out for his own game. That's what bugged me about it.
    holly71, sweetpea and Duckyface like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Cochran mentioned his father is a neurologist, so I can assure you that they are, at the very least, living comfortably. They certainly shouldn't be hurting financially, that's for sure. I don't know if his parents are footing the bill for his education or if they are having him pay his own way, but Cochran is a smart kid, so I think it's quite possible he may have some grants or at least some type of scholarship (whether it be full or partial) to Harvard.
    Is that what he said? My ears are going and my closed captioning doesn't always get everything... I thought it was something like an accountant. Something nerdy (so Cochran's comment that his dad was like him, 40 years later, made sense), and something that provided a good living but likely not a super rich one.
    There aren't a lot of scholarships to law school (compared to college), and generally they'd be for kids from really poor families. I guess they figure lawyers to be should take out loans, and in fact banks generally consider them to be good investments... I guess I like to think Cochran is paying his own way, with only minor family help--Christmas checks from grandmas, that kind of thing. And I like to think that because I find him so rational and not spoiled--not a rich brat who's had everything handed to him.

I just read an interview by Corrine. One of the questions involved Dawn.

THR: Have you spoken to her since you were voted out?

Corinne: I refuse to, actually. I didn't give her my phone number. She's sent me a lot of letters on Facebook, apologizing. I think she genuinely feels badly about it, but she stole the game from me. She stole memories from me that I can't get back. It's hard to forgive that. If it hadn't happened, I would have been friends with her forever. I would have met her kids. I genuinely adored her. She took away something I'll never get back. That's hard to forgive.

Corinne and Brenda were the only two that truly consoled and helped Dawn out during her meltdowns according to Malcolm and other contestants. Yet Dawn had no problem backstabbing either one of them. Not that I necessarily liked Corinne, but it still says volumes about Dawn's character and what she values, and her values definitely clash with mine.
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread