+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Brandon - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Brandon - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think Brandon acted like a jerk, plain & simple.
    The way he acted at challenge/elimination, whatever you want to call it, was just him being ticked off & not wanting to leave quietly. That I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is the way he behaved at camp.
    Threatening to burn the shelter down & everyone's belongings, pee in the rice or beans, those were unacceptable by any standards. Other peoples's stuff & their physical wellbeing is off limits. What he DID do: dumping the rice & beans, is like a spoiled bratty child doing vandalism. No excuse for that.

I have no problem with ranting, raving, name calling, refusing to do anything, or stomping around. That's just spouting anger. It's like the old saying: "Sticks & stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." It's just words. At worst they are upsetting, but basically harmless.
    But interfering with other people's, or the group's property, or their health is on a different level. A level that shouldn't happen. It's going over the line of acceptability. People should be able to trust that those things are safe.

As to his statement earlier that he wanted to go back to his family: When will these people get it. If they aren't going to be willing to stay the whole time DON'T GO ON THE SHOW!! Leave your spot for someone else who actually wants to participate.
    If someone can't stand to be away from loved ones or comfort DON'T GO ON THE SHOW!!

What's wrong with these people anyhow? Don't they realize that they have gotten an opportunity that many many others would love to have?
    A bunch of crybaby wimps is what people like him are.

I always say that- I said that about the twin doctors on Amazing Race, learn to swim! don't quit, because they took someones spot in my opion. Likewise, so did Brandon
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Especially given the fact that Brandon had been on the show before, so he knew EXACTLY what kind of conditions and separation from his family he was likely to encounter.

I was apalled by Brandon's behaviour, but was willing to give him (somewhat) the benefit of doubt and place most of the blame on the Survivor screeners. After all of his pompous interviews and hearing how proud he is of his actions - nope. If Brandon and his whole family think this is acceptable, entertaining and laudable behaviour, then there is something seriously wrong with that whole family.

I will NOT watch Survivor if there is another Hantz contestant.
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by rockster View Post
    I don’t really agree with the whole “medication” theory. Yeah, Brandon went a little overboard, but at least he spoke exactly what was on his mind, like so many people are deathly afraid to do these days. Whenever somebody does, so many people jump to the buzzword “meltdown”.
    You can say what is on your mind without spilling rice and beans and threatening to start a fight with someone.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post

I was apalled by Brandon's behaviour, but was willing to give him (somewhat) the benefit of doubt and place most of the blame on the Survivor screeners.
    Completely right!!
    I guess they screen for mass murderers, maybe felons, etc....but they knew exactly what they had with Brandon. We've seen enough of that family to know what they are all about. How many more Hantz's will be offered for our "viewing pleasure?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockster View Post
    I don’t really agree with the whole “medication” theory. Yeah, Brandon went a little overboard, but at least he spoke exactly what was on his mind, like so many people are deathly afraid to do these days. Whenever somebody does, so many people jump to the buzzword “meltdown”.
    There's a difference between speaking your mind and doing what Brandon did. People speaking their mind may be loud and vehement in their position but they're not irrational. Brandon was irrational. Brendon had a melt down. He was clearly irritable and moody (as was clearly caught on camera, I'm not just saying it for S&G). He couldn't make decisions (changing not just his mind & mood but also kept replanning his strategy!) and was unable to relax. I can fathom he was suffering from exhaustion and his immune system was worn out from the lack of food as well as the environment. He had trouble containing his physical outbursts... along with the verbal ones as well.

I think a 2 yr-old's meltdown and what we saw of Brandon are pretty close to being equal.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    You can say what is on your mind without spilling rice and beans and threatening to start a fight with someone.
    That's true, I'll agree with that. Matter of fact, since he had threatened to do that before, somebody should've been ready to physically stop him when he got to the actual point of doing it. It's funny how Philip was talking big about how he could take down Brandon physically, but when he should've, he just sat back and watched.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I though Jeff had total control of Brandon, I didn't find the creepy in the least.
    I found it extremely creepy. The smile, the massage, the words of comfort. Too much. And what exactly was Jeff afraid Brandon would do? He didn't have a gun or any kind of weapon and obviously there were tons of crew around to restrain him if he flew at someone. In my opinion Jeff made the situation much worse, not better, by sustaining it for so long and it was all for ratings. I am really disappointed in him.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I found it extremely creepy. The smile, the massage, the words of comfort. Too much. And what exactly was Jeff afraid Brandon would do? He didn't have a gun or any kind of weapon and obviously there were tons of crew around to restrain him if he flew at someone. In my opinion Jeff made the situation much worse, not better, by sustaining it for so long and it was all for ratings. I am really disappointed in him.
    There was the possibility of Brandon going completely of the deep end Jeff just calmed him down just like any good hostage negotiator would do to defuse the situation. Also considering that it is a TV show the crew would not have stepped into help that would have been up to the other players. Cameramen film what they see they do not help or interfere.

What surprises me is how many posters thought Jeff should go ahead and yell at Brandon, order him to be quiet and calm down. That would only have escalated matters. Personally I wish Brandon had lost it and taken a swing at Phillip. That would be an automatic elimination right there.
    Marlena_M and ilja like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I disagree, Brandon has a temper and he is strong. I thought Jeff did an admirable job in keeping him on an even keel I guess we see it differently
    NCLurker, sweetpea and Marlena_M like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    There was the possibility of Brandon going completely of the deep end Jeff just calmed him down just like any good hostage negotiator would do to defuse the situation. Also considering that it is a TV show the crew would not have stepped into help that would have been up to the other players. Cameramen film what they see they do not help or interfere.

What surprises me is how many posters thought Jeff should go ahead and yell at Brandon, order him to be quiet and calm down. That would only have escalated matters. Personally I wish Brandon had lost it and taken a swing at Phillip. That would be an automatic elimination right there.
    Jeff did an interview after the episode and said that they had security and the mental health therapist there when this was going down. So, I think Jeff was trying to keep Brandon calm enough to get through the abbreviated tribal council and then get him over to the people who could help him. Jeff may have been massaging Brandon's shoulders (which is calming in itself) but he also had both hands on Brandon's shoulders so he could hold onto him if Brandon decided to charge at Phillip. Not a comfortable position for Jeff at all, but he did an excellent job.

That said - this still should NOT have happened. TPTB better take a long hard look at their screening process.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread