+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Favorite part was Dawson planting a big one on Probst!
    kev89 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    All he said was, "Congratulations Denise." I think he meant that she made it to the final 3. Michael was the one who misquoted him adding the winning the $1 million part.
    I thought that was what Malcolm meant, too. I didn't read into it that he was voting for Denise or saying she had won the million.

FORT Fogey

Random Thoughts:

RC's nervous laugh even made an appearance in her speech to F3.

I knew Denise would win. The only surprise vote, for me, was RC for Lisa. I didnt think Lisa would get any.

Penner's bitter speech was fabulous. He entertained me to the end!

I am glad that Lisa got Fan Favorite. I voted for Penner though.

One of the best seasons!

Yes Abi has apologized a bunch of times but her attempts were not sincere. "Ok, I am sorry, I already said that, let's move on." It will take her some time to really get it. She doesn't have a grip yet. "I wear my heart on my sleeve," she says. Nope. She surely doesn't do that! And RC, move on and don't expect anything from her.

Fan vs Favorites just seems like returning players on one team vs new people. I don't see this as being all that different. What am I missing? The favorites are just going to be who they can get to play again.

Jeff and Carter were standouts for me in their questions to the jury. Good job, boys.

I always find it interesting when a muscular man cannot retain the strength to win a challenge. Malcom in the final challenge, was not nervous. It was a muscle reaction.

Penner had some kind of hair system installed! It didn't look like a toupe but could have been I suppose.

"Russell, what was it like to have it rain everyday on both your seasons?" Oh good god, Jeff. You can do better than that.

I would perfer to have fewer clips in the reunion show. We just saw the show, no need.
    march and kev89 like this.

I've never understood the random order that the jury members get to ask their questions. I always thought it should be from the first voted out and then go in order (RC 1st....Malcolm last). It seems as if the last person to speak always is the most "heated" (for lack of a better word) and I wondered how the producers knew whom that would be. After last night I think I've figured out that they edit it and it's not the actual order in which they speak. I noticed after the second or third jury member spoke they said something like "after all everyone has said (referring to the jury)..." and I thought, "but they just started". So I think since Jeff just says "Malcolm you're up. Penner you're up" that it can be edited in whatever order they want to for "dramatic" purposes.

I also thought Lisa had it after the Jury was done. I thought she had a brilliant comebak for Penner outing her. I thought Denise wouldn't get a single vote. I was totally wrong!
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think if Jeff and Lisa had been on the same tribe that they'd have been in an alliance from day one. They're both from Texas and both share similar values and time in the spotlight. It would have been a fun pair.
    They actually do share some similar values ...

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    And that took me totally by surprise. And it was funny. Girl is trully into our Probst...hope he doesn't have to take out a restraining order.
    I'd be right there with her - I just love those dimples!

FORT Fogey

I wish Jeff would have called Pete out on his ridiculous plan to create chaos. You just don't do that within your own alliance!

My favorite scene from the entire show was Skupin pointing and saying "look at the size of that ant" interrupting Lisa going on and on about God's will. Hysterical and they didn't show it.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-17-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    kev89 and wannasee like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was surprised at RC's nervous laugh. I didn't remember her being like that earlier in the game and found it annoying. Maybe that was what set Abi off against her, if RC was like that around camp.

I was glad it did come out about who Lisa really was. That is a pretty big thing to keep from other contestants. Many other celebrities/well-to-do contestants have hidden their backgrounds, too, feeling that the jury isn't going to give the win to someone who already has made a million. I only wish Jeff had been outed during the show before he was voted out. It didn't matter anymore once he was on the jury.

This is the first reunion show in a while where I didn't notice any former Survivor contestants in the audience. If they were there, Jeff didn't make a point to speak to them or point them out. I was kind of disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    That was my favorite season in a long time! Just shows how different everyone's perception is but I thought Lisa handled the jury questions the best; Denise came off kind of snooty, to me. She said more than once, that's why I'm here and you're there and, while factual and she probably didn't mean anything more than face value by it, it came off really bad, for me. That said, for what she went through to get there, I have no problem with her winning, although I was a little surprised.

Felt bad for Skupin but hope he is happy with making it to the final. I am very happy for Lisa, I think she played a better game than some who have previously won, and I just didn't see her as off-putting as so many others. I hope she feels some validation from winning fan favorite, and moves on from the divorce. I love Penner but found his outing her at the jury a b&*ch move, even though I agree it wouldn't have made the difference in her winning. I think it is funny, though, that his career was in the same timeframe (apparently) and I thought it was great that she shot back at him, did you tell anyone what you did 20 years ago (or however long).

I don't care for the fans vs. favorites but willing to see who they bring back.
    Denise did what the jury wanted - to get mad at them and to cower I guess. Like I said, I'm not disappointed with the final, even if I'd preferred Michael or Lisa winning because - contrary to what Penner said, BOTH of their names were up on the chopping block week after week. Difference is both were able to finagle their way into getting people into voting for someone else (meaning good game move).

Michael I think said during Australia's post show that he felt had he not been medically evacuated he'd won the show. While I'll maintain his injury is exactly why Ogakor (Colby and Tina's tribe) ended up being in the final two (as Kucha - Michael's team - was nearly unstoppable and probably would've won that final team immunity and came out at an advantage), I have to say that I do agree with him a bit then but he came off as much more likable this season.

Better a final three likable than the winner another Richard Hatch wannabe (which was what he came off as until the accident in Australia).
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    This is the first reunion show in a while where I didn't notice any former Survivor contestants in the audience. If they were there, Jeff didn't make a point to speak to them or point them out. I was kind of disappointed.
    Given that the show was delayed due to football and the President speaking at the Connecticut school shooting memorial service, I think Jeff wanted to make sure the players got to speak and all of them speak because of the very late night. None of them expected what happened to occur, so making them wait would be hard.

Plus, after Russell Hantz' vile rant a couple of years ago and Jeff tending to go after the same players over and over again (Rob - who I liked but he had to play four times to win), I was pleasantly surprised.

+ Reply to Thread