+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    At least we won't ever get a season full of Fan Fav winners. I mean, imagine a season with Lisa, two Russells, two Ruperts, two Jameses, and two Ozzys.
    If they start cloning Fan Fav winners and pitting them aganist each other, then they must be running out of ideas
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    \

Exactly!!! Why is everyone letting Lisa skate by??? This whole stupid season has been nothing but a bunch of people GIVING Lisa a place in the finals. Without working for it. She hasn`t done jack other than flip flop. I mean, someone please please please explain her power to me!
    It's the Facts of Life!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    If they start cloning Fan Fav winners and pitting them aganist each other, then they must be running out of ideas
    Well at least it's more creative than a Fans vs Favs redo
    kev89 likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If a show lasts 9 seasons, even the child stars (who are no longer children by season 9) end up making a decent payday. Angus Jones is one of the highest paid actors on television.
    Dude! Facts of Life was on in the 80's when kids didn't make a fortune. Angus T Jones is the exception to the teen TV star getting rich, and that happened because his show was a top 10 smash. Facts of Life was never as popular as Two and a Half Men (it only got as high as 24), and the actors are by no means rich. If child stars got rich from long running tv shows, the kids from The Waltons wouldn't be bus drivers and teachers/principals now.

Lisa is from the era of Gary Coleman, Dana Plato, and Todd Bridges. None of them were rich. In fact, Gary died after working as a security guard, and Dana was just a hot mess with no money. I think the actresses were well paid for the time, but it's not money that would sustain them a lifetime. According to a FOL fan site, Mindy Cohn (Natalie) make $10k per episode in 1983 (3 years before the show eneded). That's $200K a season before taxes (Angus T Jones makes more than that per episode). And you know the first 3 seasons or so they didn't make that much. I'm sure Lisa invested her money but used it to raise and educate her children. But over the 9 years she probably made a million or so total before taxes. That is far from rich.
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Congratulations to Denise, but admit I was totally surprised at the outcome of several things. Early on when it was Malcolm and Denise I thought the two of them deserved to be there at the end. I then changed it to wanting to be definitely Malcolm and not so sure about Denise. Last week I wrote why I thought Malcolm would be voted out tonight (the only thing I was right about) and Skupin would win the whole thing.

I watched all the clips at Ponderosa and Penner was the one who seemed to be the least bitter, with RC and Jeff Kent being the two that were the most bitter. Tonight Jeff Kent surprised me as he was nice. When Penner gave his speech at jury that totally surprised me. I still thought Skupin was going to win and thought for sure Malcolm or Penner would win Fan Favorite. Never gave Lisa a thought of winning that. I wonder if people thought Lisa would not be there at the end, and Malcolm would win the entire game? The fact that Penner was not in the running totally surprised me. Regarding Denise winning, I wonder if it was as someone mentioned upthread, that it was a case of pick none of the above if the choice was given to them.

When I pick players I would like to see win, I guess I like to see players who also win challenges as well as outwit, and out last the others. Skupin fit that bill out of the F3, but wonder if the fact that Penner pointed out his name was never written down in the whole time he was there along with the fact that he was a return player cost him in the end?

I still enjoyed this season even if Malcolm and Penner walked away empty handed. I guess that goes for Skupin as well, but Malcolm was my choice for winner and Penner for Fan Favorite. If Malcolmn couldn't win the game I wanted him to get Fan Favorite.

I will definitely watch next season, since I haven't missed one yet.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 12-17-2012 at 01:00 AM.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Out of all the jury members, I liked Jeff (the ballplayer) and Carter the best. They obviously would have preferred to win--who wouldn't?---but they both asked actual questions of the final three, and they didn't come off as bitter. Disappointed, maybe, but not bitter.
    I'm in the minority in that I loved Jeff Kent. He was a gamer and played hard. He was the same in his baseball career. I always respected the way he played on the field, and he played Survivor the same way. I honestly thought he would vote for Lisa because Lisa was so instrumental in getting him out. I thought he would give her the nod for that. But I guess he respected someone who went to every tribal council and survived even more.

I think if Jeff and Lisa had been on the same tribe that they'd have been in an alliance from day one. They're both from Texas and both share similar values and time in the spotlight. It would have been a fun pair.
    Alexxxx, ilja and Photobabe like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yay, Denise!

But enough gloating, on to analysis. I also thought Lisa did very well at the TC and Denise not, so was very surprised at the outcome. NOT surprised at Penner's vote though...He called Denise a bitch, but the descriptions of the other 2 were much more oxen like, so figured he thought Denise was the charioteer--and that he'd respect gameplay. Penner knew what was going through people's heads...even Malcolm had been at Ponderosa for a day... and he called the vote.

Was surprised that Denise did not respond to Malcolm with, Hey, I WANTED to go to F3 with you and YOU made it very clear you weren't on board...so what was I supposed to do, quit? Uh uh, baby, that's not our style, either of us. I really don't get why he'd be upset with HER for saving herself. With Skupin yeah, but not Denise. I wondered if we'd missed some relevant stuff in editing...both their responses seemed so atypical. I wondered if Denise meant it when she said that Malcolm was just an ally while Lisa and Michael were friends for life...when she was pleading her case with them. Maybe so as Malcolm looked not on board when Denise said they'd "clicked". Of course that was post being evicted.

Lisa was 1) not paid that much in that time period and 2) has said she lost all or most of her money to a crooked manager or accountant or something. So she's never been that well off. I'm surprised she didn't also say that to Penner...that I knew you would all think I was rich, but I'm not.

I thought Penner was more bitter than I expected... even Carter seemed a little bitter.

AND speaking of Carter, we've all been saying since he left, who knew he was so nice...his final comments, his Ponderose videos, and all the comments in interviews about how funny and warm he was. Apparently that humor came across in his application video, as Jeff was surprised that the video Carter didn't show up on the show...
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Malcom said `` Congrats on winning the million, Lisa`` as he was leaving. Hmmm. Knee jerk reaction? Or truth?
    All he said was, "Congratulations Denise." I think he meant that she made it to the final 3. Michael was the one who misquoted him adding the winning the $1 million part.

WTH did Penner do to himself. Dyes his hair and had some face work done.I want survivor Penner back, and to me he was bitter. Artis was bitter, I don't care what he said. I didn't like the final TC. I thought Lisa answered every question so well, the others, nope, they had boring faces and answers to match. BUT
    WTG Denise

and I am happy for Lisa as FF.

I so wanted Malcolm to win, I didn't realize how much until he was voted off.
    NCLurker, ilja and wannasee like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That was my favorite season in a long time! Just shows how different everyone's perception is but I thought Lisa handled the jury questions the best; Denise came off kind of snooty, to me. She said more than once, that's why I'm here and you're there and, while factual and she probably didn't mean anything more than face value by it, it came off really bad, for me. That said, for what she went through to get there, I have no problem with her winning, although I was a little surprised.

Felt bad for Skupin but hope he is happy with making it to the final. I am very happy for Lisa, I think she played a better game than some who have previously won, and I just didn't see her as off-putting as so many others. I hope she feels some validation from winning fan favorite, and moves on from the divorce. I love Penner but found his outing her at the jury a b&*ch move, even though I agree it wouldn't have made the difference in her winning. I think it is funny, though, that his career was in the same timeframe (apparently) and I thought it was great that she shot back at him, did you tell anyone what you did 20 years ago (or however long).

I don't care for the fans vs. favorites but willing to see who they bring back.
    Arielflies, Alexxxx, ilja and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread