+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Russell wasn't going to win Fan Fav. He went too early for that. Just like Russell Hantz wasn't going to on Redemption Island.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I've never liked Probst's addiction to returning players. Since it can't be controlled, I just wish they would put limits on it. Players should get 1 chance to return, and that's it.

I have zero need to see Boston Rob or any Hantz family member on my TV, ever again.
    Yeah, no more Hantzes either. And you're right--the show seems addicted to returning players, and it just isn't necessary. What is necessary is a season, like this one, that's actually surprising instead of utterly predictable, though I don't suppose there's any real way to control that, except to try and balance the teams as much as possible, so that no team seems to be more formidable than another. Of course, that's really hard to do too, because you can never know for sure which players are going to turn out to be tougher or less tough than they might appear to be at first.

And by surprising, I mean I never would have predicted the final three that we got. Or even the final four, especially after Denise and Malcolm's original team was decimated early on, and they were split up. I wouldn't have predicted a Skupin/Lisa alliance getting to the final three either--or Lisa getting fan favorite. Heck, I was astonished at a lot of the TC behavior over the course of the season too.
    jucamer likes this.

Ew, Fans vs. Favorites. Meh, I'll give it a shot. Haven't missed a season of Survivor yet.
    kev89 and JohnnyK like this.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I've never liked Probst's addiction to returning players. Since it can't be controlled, I just wish they would put limits on it. Players should get 1 chance to return, and that's it.

I have zero need to see Boston Rob or any Hantz family member on my TV, ever again.
    Fortunately Rob won and I think three children now will hopefully deter him from returning. (I like him but four seasons is enough - if not due to the exposure more for his own health - these can hurt you long term).

And as far as the Hantzes - Brandon I wouldn't mind ONLY if dear Russell in particular and the other brother who was ejected from "BB" are disallowed both the show AND the reunion show. If (and I dare say when) Jeff says no to that aspect I'd hope Brendon would say NO because he doesn't deserve another humiliation like he got. (BTW, I think the response to Russell after that incident will hopefully deter Jeff from considering it because people will flee if he does com back.

Also - NO RUPERT, NO previous winners (Fan favorite not included) and NO contestant who has played two times or more (and this of course disallows faves of mine such as Yau-Man, but I'm not sure he'd return based on his age). I can think of only one who the would disallow regardless of want to play due to age - Rudy, who is 84 now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Russell wasn't going to win Fan Fav. He went too early for that. Just like Russell Hantz wasn't going to on Redemption Island.
    I know, but people still remember his near death experience (reality of that varied) so heartstrings there can factor in.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    \

Exactly!!! Why is everyone letting Lisa skate by??? This whole stupid season has been nothing but a bunch of people GIVING Lisa a place in the finals. Without working for it. She hasn`t done jack other than flip flop. I mean, someone please please please explain her power to me! And Denise is giving herself too much credit.
    Um did you even watch the part of the season where there were 3 tribes? In most of those challenges it was Lisa who helped her tribe win. She's not the most athletic person, but she's smart and handled the pressure well. She was a puzzle master early on and she was a big part in keeping her tribe undefeated.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Lisa. I was probably skewed by the nostalgia of having Blair Warner play Survivor, but I found her a player. In most seasons she'd have been the easy early boot because of her age. But she proved herself a worthy member of the tribe and even got RC's vote in the end because of it. Her only real mistake this season was not listening to Penner.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

At least we won't ever get a season full of Fan Fav winners. I mean, imagine a season with Lisa, two Russells, two Ruperts, two Jameses, and two Ozzys.
    kev89 likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    You mean I'm not the only one who does not like her?
    NOPE! I'm not a fan either. I give her credit or staying the course but I'm not a fan of hers either.

One thing I did like though. Is this the first season of Survivor where the entire final 2/3 was 40 plus? I thought that was pretty cool since the "old people" are usually the first to go.
    jucamer likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

F3, I think so, yeah. Gabon had an F3 where the contestants were 57, 47, and 29. And the 29 year old finished third, so I guess that's the oldest combined F2 of all time?

Congrats Denise! I think this has been a great season personally, easily the best since Nicaragua. That last tribal really threw me, I had no idea who was going to win.I thought for sure it was going to be between Skupin and Denise going into the final tribal, but Lisa's performance really impressed me, and I thought she had as good a shot as the other two when they were voting.

I also liked the added twist of the advantage in the final challenge, though it really didn't help Malcolm. I totally understand though, I'm the same way...when I get nervous, my hands just start shaking, I'd probably lose that challenge too.

I've noticed in recent seasons that the last juror to speak usually gives the best speech, or at least the most memorable one. That continued with Penner, I loved it lol. It was the perfect combination of bitterness and fairness...he called them all out, but it wasn't like he signaled one out. And I loved the reference to Philip Shepard I've also got to call out Carter, what a great guy, probably the least bitter juror this season. It really is too bad we didn't get to know him better.

I'm surprised Lisa won fan favorite...I thought for sure it would be between Malcolm and Penner. At least I did my part and voted for Penner 10 times Also I must say I'm proud of Jeff Probst...he actually talked to every single player for the first time in like forever!

Another Fans vs Favorites? Really? I loved this season, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of all these returning players...I'd love to see Survivor go back to basics and have a few seasons with all new players. I'm just hoping they don't end up giving a bunch of overhyped players a third or fourth chance, and that they actually got smart fans this time
    Alexxxx, Midol and Lolli like this.

+ Reply to Thread