+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Lisa??? What the hell! I didn't think the show painting her as the poor hero was actually gonna give her the Fan Fav.
    That was a surprise and I'm thrilled for her!! While others played their game (and we've seen many play like them), Lisa played true. I've never seen other players tell people how they consistently would vote, and why! That was either very stupid or pretty outrageously courageous.

Yay Lisa. (Though I thought the vote differential would be between Malcolm and Jonathan.)
    Florimel, ilja, wannasee and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Fans vs Favs 2!
    Bets on Malcolm being in this? I think it has already finished filming? I am looking forward to it already!
    mesachick and jucamer like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

A fans vs. favorites season? Eh. I generally prefer seasons without any returning players, though this season they mixed in fairly well--and, of course, the fact that the returning players who were back this season were people who had to leave the game because of illness/injury made a difference. I could understand them wanting to give Skupin another shot, and why he would want want, for instance. But I'm tired of seeing the same old people brought back again and again.

And if Boston Rob is among them, I may give the season a skip. He's had more shots at the game than anyone else has (or at least as many), and he finally won, so that should be enough, particularly since he's married to a winner too. Actually, if they have to bring back "favorites," I hope it's no one who's actually won before.

It might be interesting, though, if the "favorites" were actually people who had won fan favorite (or come very close to it, like Malcolm), so that the fans might be playing against people they'd actually voted for as their favorites.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Bets on Malcolm being in this? I think it has already finished filming? I am looking forward to it already!
    I was thinking the same thing, given Jeff asking him if he'd ever come back and Malcolm being so quick to say yes.
    Midol likes this.

I'm glad Lisa won the Fan Favorite! This was a good season of Survivor. Good luck to Lisa, Skupin, Denise, Malcom, and everyone!
    Florimel, Arielflies, ilja and 3 others like this.

I've never liked Probst's addiction to returning players. Since it can't be controlled, I just wish they would put limits on it. Players should get 1 chance to return, and that's it.

I have zero need to see Boston Rob or any Hantz family member on my TV, ever again.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

There were rumors going around a while before this about next season being Fans vs Favs, with most of the returnees even being named. When I can I'll create a spoiler thread for S26.

The only one still showing a lot of bitterness was RC. I have read and heard (video) that Abi has apologized several times, but RC wants to hold on to the bitterness.

Another great season, hopefully I will return next season...depends on whom they bring back.
    redsox girl likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I'm not that surprised Lisa took FF. Her professional training gave her the edge in terms of interpreting her actions for the cameras, and creating moments. She may not have done it completely intentionally, but she already had that knowlegde of how to act when there's a camera on you.

Not that I'm complaining -- as someone who has skipped several of the past seasons, she kind of made this season for me, in terms of entertainment.
    Shoepie and ilja like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I never expected Lisa to win fan favorite. Ewww!!

I'm so disappointed Penner didn't win it. He entirely made this season for me! Except for his bitterness when questioning the finalists. I could have done without that.
    I'm not going to say Ewww!! because I liked Lisa and most of the other contestants. If Russell Swan or Abi-Maria had won, I'd share that sentiment. Russell was to the point I felt he should've been ejected for his sportsmanship and destroying property in the show, and Abi-Maria just was beyond immature - making Heidi and Jenna Morasca's stripping for chocolate and peanut butter and some of Jenna's antics during the Amazon season seem tame. (BTW, I have more respect for Jenna when she left feeling she needed to be with her mom and now with Ethan Zohn's struggles with his cancer).

Will say this - Lisa seemed genuinely surprised she won, which was nice. Sad it was that close though between her and Malcolm - for Malcolm - but something tells me that those of us who voted for Penner decided it for them (though I will say I liked Penner more by an edge because he tried and looks like succeeded in helping people with some of the more deeper struggles being on the show).

Oh, and I'm disappointed with another fans vs. faves season. We'll probably see a few contestants for a fourth time I don't want to see (Rupert anyone :rolls eyes), and some I'd not mind seeing again but probably won't (Christy from Amazon, Gina, Neleh, Pascal, etc.)
    wannasee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread