+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Poor Carter, I was pulling for him after Penner was voted out...figures he went out the very next week The timing sucks for Penner too, Lisa finally takes the strategy Penner was trying to tell her to take last week...if the family visit was last week, Penner very possibly could still be in this game. Booting Carter made sense, but still, it sucks to see someone like Abi prevail. She's already made it to the final 5, I'm almost hoping she makes it to the end, and gets destroyed by the jury!

The thing that got me was why Denise was never targeted. Malcolm Yes, was a huge threat, and targeting him wasn't a bad move, but Denise is a dangerous player as well, it looks like Lisa and Skupin might be underestimating her. Also, what the hell was up with Abi's performance in the immunity challenge? I mean, I knew she sucked, but I wasn't expecting her to do so poorly, especially after her big win last week. And what was she doing with that piece of paper right before tribal? I think they know she's full of crap, she showed off her last idol for no reason, so I think they know she'd show her new idol off if she had one.

One last thing, I hate how deceptive the previews can be. They made it look like Malcolm's brother did something really bad, and nothing happened...what the hell, editors?
    I think the reason Malcolm is being target more at this point is because they all think...and I do also...that if he gets to the end, no matter against who, he will win. He is liked by everyone. He has done well in challenges...even though, tonight is his first win, he is playing strategically and has a great social game. Even Abi has not been shown to be nasty to him.

Denise has played a very similar game...winning immunity, playing strategically, but her social game has not been quite as good. See the whole thing with Abi. Even though, everyone dislikes Abi and probably agreed with every word she said, it will still probably go against Denise because she specifically stated her dislike, called Abi a bad player and still voted to keep her over Carter when she was the one talking about wanting to play against the best. As much as I don`t want it to, I think being a strong woman in this game is not as well recieved as being a strong man. The women winners have all had to play more under the radar, more strategic, stronger social game to get the win over a male. At this point, I think the only way Denise would win is if she went to the end with Lisa and Abi. If she is in the final with either or both, Malcom and Supkin, she will not be the winner. In fact, if I am reading the jury correctly, if there is a man in the final with her, she may not even get one vote.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I've gone from not noticing Lisa very much, to liking her honesty, to being sick.to.death.of.her. Hope she gets blindsided!

I've been rooting for Malcolm since week one. Hope he pulls it off but have a gut feeling Denise will win.

Every one of them voted out Carter! Even Mike and Malcom who told him they respect him and hate Abi more! Next week's previews make it look like Lisa is listening to Abi and turning on her so called alliance! Now I wish Lisa would go.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think the reason Malcolm is being target more at this point is because they all think...and I do also...that if he gets to the end, no matter against who, he will win. He is liked by everyone. He has done well in challenges...even though, tonight is his first win, he is playing strategically and has a great social game. Even Abi has not been shown to be nasty to him.

Denise has played a very similar game...winning immunity, playing strategically, but her social game has not been quite as good. See the whole thing with Abi. Even though, everyone dislikes Abi and probably agreed with every word she said, it will still probably go against Denise because she specifically stated her dislike, called Abi a bad player and still voted to keep her over Carter when she was the one talking about wanting to play against the best. As much as I don`t want it to, I think being a strong woman in this game is not as well recieved as being a strong man. The women winners have all had to play more under the radar, more strategic, stronger social game to get the win over a male. At this point, I think the only way Denise would win is if she went to the end with Lisa and Abi. If she is in the final with either or both, Malcom and Supkin, she will not be the winner. In fact, if I am reading the jury correctly, if there is a man in the final with her, she may not even get one vote.
    Good point, I agree that Malcolm is the frontrunner to win it all...he's played an excellent game strategially and socially. He was also nice to Abi after the tribal council, which is smart even though we've seen he probably dislikes her as much as everyone else. I'm positive Denise has lost Abi's vote as well. And you're right, her talking about playing with the best players, but voting out Penner and Carter might not go over well.

Still, Denise is a smart talker, and I could see her holding her own, especially if Malcolm doesn't make it to the end. I also don't see Denise and Malcolm ever voting aganist each other, and I think voting out one would weaken the other's position. I was just surprised, as someone else said, that Skupin and Lisa had no backup plan in case Malcolm won immunity.
    cablejockey likes this.

I wonder if there is a F2 and not a F3. Aren't there usually 5 players going into the finale? We usually get 2 tribal councils (knocking off #5 and #4), the fallen comrades walk (which they thankfully cut short last season!) and then the final TC with 3 players. How does that work if there are only 4 players going into the finale (since we are going from 5 to 4 next Wednesday)? I'm hoping it is a final 2. When it is a final 3, generally at least one person gets 1 or no votes and it's pretty obvious who the battle is between. I hope we just get 2 this time.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I am completely and totally gobsmacked by tonight's outcome. I did not see this coming. Now that Lisa has seen the light all bets are off. Can't wait to see what happens next week. I just hope Abi is sent packing before the Finale. Not because I oppose her being there, but because I'm dying to see her arrive at Ponderosa.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Every-time I think I know what's going to happen, it doesn't This game is so good . I think they know Abi isn't a threat, and Malcolm and Carter are. They can win immunity every time, Abi doesnt even try..

I swear I wont cry when their loved ones arrive, and I always do. I thought Malcolm would keep Denise's hubby, since they have been playing the game since the beginning .I understand why he didn't( goodness he looks good with his hair down)
    I loved how Lisa's brother came in, and gave her a smack upside the head. I dont know if she can really change, even if she thinks she can. But who knows, I like her( a lot)

Cant wait for next week, I have a feeling someone is going to get a HUGE wake up call.

Looking at the jury, Skupin hasn't upset anyone, Denise has only upset Abi, and who cares what she thinks..
    cablejockey, Alexxxx and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As if I didn't need another reason to adore Malcolm, the Harry Potter reference did it. I just love this guy, he's right up there as my favourite Survivor contestant ever. So glad to see him win immunity tonight.

Abi can suck eggs. She is, indeed, a soul-sucker.

Simple, simple Carter. Sorry you had to go before that witch.

And once again, the preview of Malcolm's brother saying something hurtful to his gameplay was much ado about nothing.

And boy, Lisa really lost it there with her brother! I felt kind of awkward watching it...kind of like when that blonde girl crawled towards her brother during the family visit. Yikes.
    holly71, GabbyG and wannasee like this.

And boy, Lisa really lost it there with her brother! I felt kind of awkward watching it...kind of like when that blonde girl crawled towards her brother during the family visit. Yikes.
    That's how my brother and I are. The fact we hardly see one another now saddens me, but when we did, I just want to hold him, and be the way we were when we were younger.I was his protector, and he thought me his hero. He's gay I dont think her bother is. I understand their love and closeness though- I thought of my brother tonight( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope God decides to teach Lisa that his `big plan` (to paraphrase her) is to show her how not winning a million dollars is a much more emotionally and spiritually rewarding experience than winning a million dollars.
    cablejockey, Lil Bit, PWS and 2 others like this.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

+ Reply to Thread