+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't believe Malcolm meant it when he commiserated with Abi about her treatment at last week's tribal council. He was playing her. He said himself later that she was like an old girlfriend he couldn't get rid of. But he's smart enough to maintain friendships with everyone on the hopes of being taken to the end and/or getting jury votes. He'd agree with anything she said if it would get him closer to the win. It's good strategy.
    holly71, Brooks, sclilred1 and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    No! Not Penner! At least he had the best exit of the season...Abi got burned, and Jeff didn't know what to say about his whistling Penner was already one of my favorite players before this season, and now I like him even more. Personally, I consider him to be one of the all time great Survivor players, right up there with Rich Hatch and Yul.

Maybe it's the fact that he was the only one to get a hug from Penner, but I'm really liking Carter. He almost certainly won't win, but it would be interesting to watch, especially since he got almost zero screen time. I still kind of like her, but Lisa's starting to get on my nerves...is it just me, or has she said she's not cut out for this game at least once over the last few episodes. Get some confidence lady...you made it to the final six.

I was so angry when Abi won immunity At this point though, I'm kind of hoping she makes it to the end...I want to see the jury make her cry! If she thinks Denise was rough on her, just wait until RC gets to address her
    I always keep in mind that the edit is done on this show after it's already finished, all the way up to the live FTC. The fact that we keep hearing Lisa say she's not cut out for this game (at least three times, by my count), and they're leaving it in the edit, makes me raise an eyebrow as to why they'd do that. I have a feeling we're going to see her at the FTC giving us the "this game is bigger than I am" speech again. And if she wins, they'll bring that statement around full circle again. Maybe not, Lisa, maybe not.

Carter getting very little screen time this far into the season makes me think he won't make the F3.

I'm not rooting for anybody in particular this season. I'm enjoying everybody except Abi, so there's lots of good entertainment to go around. I wonder how excited Jeff Kent was to see Penner at the Ponderosa.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

"I wonder how excited Jeff Kent was to see Penner at the Ponderosa."

He was truly obsessed with him, now he can probably get some restful sleep. LOL
    holly71, AZChristian and Midol like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Really? Someone criticized Denise for shushing Abi when Denise was talking and Abi interrupted, and called Denise rude? Abi talks over EVERYBODY! That's why RC was never able to clue her in about the "clue mystery"... Abi wouldn't let her get a word in edgewise. If Denise talked over her, well, it's time she had a taste of her own medicine.

I agree, a televised tribal council is probably not the place to offer therapeutic insights and get them accepted, but I think last week Denise was just trying to respond sincerely to Abi's questions about why no one liked her. At this point I think she's just sick of her. Not nice of Jeff to always make Denise the goat though--ask a few others how much they like Abi, not just Denise.

Penner was Carter's ally, and I fear now that Penner is gone Carter may be doomed. At some point Malcolm at least is going to notice all those immunity necklaces and get him out. Very nice that Carter chose food for the group--you'd think Lisa would have let him have the next one just as a reward for that.

I know LIsa is trying to say that she doesn't like breaking promises and lying to her friends as the game requires, but somehow she's starting to come off as if she's the ONLY one for whom that is difficult, that she's uniquely troubled by it. A little too much patting herself on the back for her saintliness in a backhanded way. And putting others down by implication.

Penner...they didn't make a mistake for THEM, it was just one for you. And you made the mistake last week when you didn't team up with Lisa and Skulpin when you had the chance.
    holly71, Brooks, Rattus and 6 others like this.

My four comments:

1. If they wanted to get Abi out, they should NEVER have spent money on food and saved it for that advantage. Anyone with half a mind on this show knows that there's always an advantage or letters offered up, so they should've saved their money if they saw Abi not bidding on any food. As much as I loathe her behavior, Abi did play smart for once here and it paid off.

Admittedly Supkin didn't make it to that part of the experience in Australia; however Penner has played twice prior and one of those he made jury. He should've known.

2. While I do think Abi was smart, I do find it odd that the producers automatically put her in the final three of the challenge. It should've been either a final four or just allow her to the second round. Or even better, X amount of pounds to use on the contestants in addition to any weight added for getting a wrong question.

3. I think Jeff should've called Abi out on saying there were two clauses to the challenge - it was a flat out lie. If she wanted to use a way to get power after that challenge had she lost - she needed to say that she had an immunity idol and would use it to get out one of the alliances strongest players.

4. Sad Penner is out, but he respects the game and I loved his departure. When you leave Jeff stunned, you have succeeded in the best exit ever. I will miss him but I think long term he respects people's decisions and knows - especially in the case of Lisa - that there is a difference between game and reality, helping in her case here.
    march likes this.

I loved Penner. He really worked TC like nobody else can. Did I say I loved Penner. I wish he had signed up to be with the others, Lisa and Skupin. Dang!! loved him whistling away like that

Abi, why now did she have to win the challenge, nothing all season. and now she wins. Anyone else and I would say good game-play, she was just too smug, waving at Pete like she knows she is nearing the end

Carter buying beans and rice for the tribe, and they all got food because of him. He went up a little in the game- I hope he stays longer than Abi.
    I think Lisa is learning a lot about herself in this game, they all bring baggage, hers is still hurting and raw.

Bye bye Penner. I enjoyed you this season.
    march, wannasee and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I always keep in mind that the edit is done on this show after it's already finished, all the way up to the live FTC. The fact that we keep hearing Lisa say she's not cut out for this game (at least three times, by my count), and they're leaving it in the edit, makes me raise an eyebrow as to why they'd do that. I have a feeling we're going to see her at the FTC giving us the "this game is bigger than I am" speech again. And if she wins, they'll bring that statement around full circle again. Maybe not, Lisa, maybe not.

Carter getting very little screen time this far into the season makes me think he won't make the F3.

I'm not rooting for anybody in particular this season. I'm enjoying everybody except Abi, so there's lots of good entertainment to go around. I wonder how excited Jeff Kent was to see Penner at the Ponderosa.
    Hmm, possibly, they do like manipulating things via editing. I could see Lisa winning, she's getting a positive edit, so maybe that's the purpose of that speech and it being brought up constantly. Still annoys me though.

Yeah, I don't think Carter will win, the invisible people never do. I would still find it entertaining though. And same here, I want to see Carter win, but I wouldn't mind seeing anyone else win...except for Abi of course. I'm looking forward to watching Penner and Jeff reunite

I was so angry when Abi won immunity At this point though, I'm kind of hoping she makes it to the end...I want to see the jury make her cry! If she thinks Denise was rough on her, just wait until RC gets to address her
    Oh my, is it bad of me to want to see this really badly???

kev89 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Abi is so full of herself it is ridiculous. She claimed tonight that the others didn't like it when she was "brutally honest" and "told it like it was" yet when Denise is, as some have described, "brutally honest" back to Abi, she turtles and claims to be traumatized. She expects everyone else to kiss her butt after the previous tribal but absolutely REFUSES to consider that she might have played a part in how others see her, and start to make amends herself. She tells Penner she expects an apology from him for his treatment of her (???) and sits on her high horse like a queen. When he says, diplomatically, that perhaps in light of how things went down, maybe she should have reconsidered how she interacted with the others, she says she has nothing to say.

When Abi hears something she doesn't like, or that contradicts the incredibly massive ego she has built for herself, she completely abandons any attempts at conversation, she shuts down, she acts like a spoiled rotten 4 year old who has not yet learned how to play well with others. Abi is a caricature. Even Brandon, for pity's sake, seemed capable of some self-reflection. Do I feel sorry for her? Not in the slightest. And I'm not a mean person, I'm not piling on her, I'm just being "brutally honest" right Abi? Sheesh.

The girls needs to learn how to take it if she feels so compelled to dish it out.

Poor Penner. He really screwed his own game over by not agreeing to the deal with Lisa and Skupin. I loved his walk of shame, it was awesome. I'll miss you, Penner.

I don't mind Carter, funnily enough. So glad Denise and Malcolm skated through again. For going through what they went through at the beginning, their ability to survive and even thrive at this point is truly remarkable.

Jeff Kent still looks like he has a large stick you know where. Does that man ever smile?

Oh, and I wanted to reach into the tv and push Pete's lower jaw up so his mouth wasn't hanging open like that. He probably had a mouthful of bugs. Ick.

I like Lisa, but I'm getting really tired of the "I'm not cut out for the game" and the waterworks. As an older woman, if you truly weren't cut out for the game you wouldn't be sitting where you are right now. At what point does this kind of stuff become pandering for jury votes??
    holly71, march, pikachu and 7 others like this.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=jadewarlock;4587164]My four comments:

3. I think Jeff should've called Abi out on saying there were two clauses to the challenge - it was a flat out lie. If she wanted to use a way to get power after that challenge had she lost - she needed to say that she had an immunity idol and would use it to get out one of the alliances strongest players.

omg THAT INFURIATED ME! Abby said something about knowing she can't make jeff go along with her lie about the "two part advantage" but... that's exactly what he did by going along with it. By not calling her out ("no abi, that's not true"), he impicitly said that it was true. and basically...I think that sucks! in effect, the ptoducers cheated with abi, in my opinion
    holly71, Florimel, Brooks and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread