+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Thank-you.

I never heard of that movie before, I'll go on wikipedia and read about it.
    You really need to see a picture of the character.....Spicoli will definitely pull it up.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I don't think Denise has been mean to Abi either. She's told the truth as she sees it, as calmly and rationally as possible. Abi doesn't want to hear it. Also, Denise seems to be the one that keeps getting asked those questions at tribal (thanks, Probst!), so she's the one giving opinions.

Carter? All I see is Spicoli. That does not equal smart.
    Malcom said it himself, what happened to Abi and the way she was treated was `brutal.` Denise was not rationale or polite, she was like the crabby older lady at work who feels the need to not only correct someone elses behavior but make it personal. She also shooshed her when Abi talked. Disrespectful and unnecessary. We are all irritated by different behaviors. We perceive behaviors differently, I guess. As for Carter, the comparison to Spicoli is cute, but I stand by my opinion- let everyone else tie themselves into emotional knots because I'm going to go hang out under a coconut tree with Carter, rest myself and not expend any unnecessary emotional and physical energy worrying about who is annoying who. He might not be able to remember the name of the meat he ate earlier with the rest of the tribe, but is that any dumber than choosing to allow another person to annoy you?
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

This is going to sound dumb, but what's Spicoli? I remember someone who got ousted described him the same way (interview), and I have no idea what it means.

(You guys can laugh xD)
    There's a movie from the early 1980's called Fast Times at Ridgemont High (or something like that) starring Sean Penn (a much much much younger Sean Penn) as a stoned high school surfer dude named Jeff Spicolli.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    You really need to see a picture of the character.....Spicoli will definitely pull it up.
    Wow. There's like a canning resemblance.
    4thatchers and Alexxxx like this.

To the Point

Malcolm said it was brutal, but hearing the truth can be brutal. He didn't condemn what was said or Denice for saying it. Things can be brutal without them being mean. Denice wasn't mean. I thought she managed to harness her irritation quite well.

We will just have to disagree on this.
    holly71, march, Lil Bit and 7 others like this.

To the Point

Wow. There's like a canning resemblance.
    Yes, there is! I had just googled it myself because my memory wasn't all that clear. I knew a picture would make it all clear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    man... that was so rigged to create extra drama for a week.

Can anyone recall a contestant getting a freebie to the finals in a 3 round challenge? I've only seen getting past the first one.

They may as well have made the first 2 challenges a weightlifting competition followed by curling a bar with pineapple weights in the end.

Sorry, but Survivor went way to obvious this time.

How can it be rigged? Im just curious how they knew ahead of time who would spend five hundred dollars on the advantage? Im not trying to be difficult, I just dont follow all of the conspiracy theories (maybe Im as dumb as Carter and how the show could pull them off.

No! Not Penner! At least he had the best exit of the season...Abi got burned, and Jeff didn't know what to say about his whistling Penner was already one of my favorite players before this season, and now I like him even more. Personally, I consider him to be one of the all time great Survivor players, right up there with Rich Hatch and Yul.

Maybe it's the fact that he was the only one to get a hug from Penner, but I'm really liking Carter. He almost certainly won't win, but it would be interesting to watch, especially since he got almost zero screen time. I still kind of like her, but Lisa's starting to get on my nerves...is it just me, or has she said she's not cut out for this game at least once over the last few episodes. Get some confidence lady...you made it to the final six.

I was so angry when Abi won immunity At this point though, I'm kind of hoping she makes it to the end...I want to see the jury make her cry! If she thinks Denise was rough on her, just wait until RC gets to address her
    march, KareyR2, sclilred1 and 3 others like this.

I haven't watched this episode yet and probably won't be able to until next week, but I've been watching it vicariously through your comments I felt kind of bad for Abi at the last TC, I admit. I don't like to see anyone cry (plus she racked up some points for me in the pool ). but it's hard to forgive the way she treated RC, Lisa, and Skupin to a lesser extent. RC tried to talk to her calmly and rationally multiple times and Abi wasn't having it. Lisa did everything in her power to help Tandang alliance and was as truthful as she could possibly be and it wasn't good enough for Abi, she still doubted her. Abi only saw Skupin as a number and wanted to vote him out first and really just wasn't very nice to him or Lisa. I really think she broke down because she realized she wasn't in power anymore.

There are a lot of Survivor conspiracy theories. I don't much buy into them. Like I said I haven't seen the episode yet, but someone pulling out a miraculous immunity win when they needed it after doing horrible in every challenge they've been in...I can see why some people would get out their tin foil hats I don't think there was any tampering going on though. I'm sure the other contestants would have noticed.
    march likes this.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Theres two of us! I probably just jinxed him, though , for saying Im rooting for him.
    Make that three! Go Carter!

+ Reply to Thread