+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Penner's gone.... Darn it!!! *sigh*
    march and redsox girl like this.

Finally, someone interesting at Ponderosa!
    french dip likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    So Abis next move should be to rile up Denise even more because Denise seems about this close to hitting Abi.
    Yeah, but then she'd just have to keep doing that to everyone else too--it's really the only way for her to win--and I'm not sure she could withstand the entire group smacking her down. Besides, at some point, someone would probably hurt her badly enough to put her out of the game.

I'm just kidding, of course, but I think whether anyone decides it makes sense to take Abi to the final three, because she can't possibly win, depends largely on how annoying she is to live with, which is something we can only guess at, since we're not actually there. Her edit certainly makes her seem very unpleasant. If she's worse than that to be around 24/7, maybe people would just as soon get rid of her than deal with her.

FORT Fan

I enjoyed Abi for most of this episode, she played her tribemates well today. I know what makes Lisa tick sometimes, but what in the world led Skupin to vote for Penner vs Denise? This is after he mentioned that he believes he could beat Penner at the end. At the end of the day, you're playing to win even if the money doesn't mean much to you... Why would you try to go to the end with Malcolm and Denise? Frankly, I'm surprised that Malcolm didn't try to get Carter, Abi and Penner to vote for Denise, while hiding it from the 3 in his alliance.
    redsox girl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Okay, thanks.

Perhaps, Abi is good at some things, more than we thought.
    Why am I getting this image of Abi becoming good at untying knots, because when she was a child, the other kids resorted to tying her up to keep her away from them and their games?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I hate that Jeff let her get away with the lie. I wanted him to call her on it.
    Me, too!

The producers must have dug deep to find one thing that Abi was good at. She must be the champion knot detangler back wherever she came from.

I didn't want Jonathan to go home but when he started rallying for Denise to go home instead, I had to turn against him. She's the captain of my team in the pool! I wish he had rallied to take Malcolm and his immunity idol out instead.

I remember someone else seasons back announcing their vote loudly at tribal council. I can't remember right off who that was but this wasn't the first time.

I really enjoyed Penner this time around and I'm sad to see him go.

Poor Carter is still some dumb, it's laughable. lol lol lol!

FORT Fan

LOL @ "The producers must have dug deep to find one thing that Abi was good at. She must be the champion knot detangler back wherever she came from."
    march and Shoepie like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, I have an idea! I bet Abi spit on the ropes as she got to them and the venom burned right throught them. *Hiss* *spit*!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Of course, but nobody said I had to be fair in the way I think. I wanted him to out her, plain and simple. Like I said, I fully admit that I would have thought it was brilliant from anyone else. I just do NOT like her at all. That was brilliant but her days are numbered. I do not believe that she will make it to the end. She will be a jury member soon.....I hope.

Exactly. Its based on emotion. I have empathy for Abi. I do not view her as a villain or even unlikeable. But, because people dislike Abi there is talk her ropes were loosened and thats why she won, not based on the fact that she was rested and not carrying extra weight. If it had been Malcom or Denise who had the advantage no conspiracy theories would be dreamed up because they are perceived as likable and deserving. Malcom was dead on when he described the treatment of Abi at the previous tribal council as watching someone being repeatedly run over by a bus. He described her treatment as `brutal` and I agree. It was mostly Denise (and she did the same thing at another tribal regarding another player that just went beyond what needed to be said). For me, last week, Denise crossed a line for me. Maybe not anyone else, but for me, I felt a visceral reaction to her verbal beat down of Abi. It made me queasy. Which brings me to Carter. Not a bad word for anyone. No unnecessary gossip or wheeling and dealing. People have commented that he is dumb. I dont think so. It`s as if he`s made himself utterly invisible. not because hes boring, but because he's wisely keeping his nose out of the gossip and skulduggery. And thus far, no one has noticed he`s just as much of a physical threat as Malcom.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Go Carter!
    Daisoo likes this.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

+ Reply to Thread