+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I'm with Fanny Mare, I appreciate your thoughts and I agree about not having to make someone cry. I guess IRL someone just seems the bigger person to me if they ignore someone spiteful; to give into it no matter how frustrated just kinda ruins the whole thing, even if the one who snaps was justified. That said...I viewed the tribal you mentioned much differently but know that every person's perspective, experience and so many other things shape how they perceive the same thing. It's why we're not always so keen on eyewitnesses in my business. ;-)

Couple things I was thinking earlier - I loved Lisa bringing up the phrase about "throwing pearls before swine." I also keep thinking back to Australia, I know I watched, it's been a long time but...I wasn't much of a fan of Skupin before his departure. I did think it was horrible what happened to him and that softened my view to him coming back (no one should have to leave for that type of reason). But even though I can't remember anything specific, I for some reason did not have him in my favorites that season.
    I know a few didn't like Supkin because he's the one who infamously killed a wild pig for food for the Kucha tribe. Personally I found it rough, but it was surviving and for the most part wild pigs are destructive just about anywhere.

That said, the show wasn't in trouble for that (well except I think from Animal Rights Groups) as much as Colby taking off coral from the Great Barrier Reef (and they had to pay a fine for it too - the show that is).

I had problems with Supkin at first in his first season because he was trying too much to be another Richard Hatch - too manipulative for my books. That said, during and after his hands being burned his attitude changed, he realized what was really important and has played the game I feel better overall. He is a nurturer, but he's also strategic without being slimy.

I would've preferred both he and Penner as two of the final three; however, I'm glad he's still got a shot to make it all the way.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 11-30-2012 at 10:14 AM.

I have always wondered why there wasn't far more effort to capture wild animals for food. In some of these places the animals might well be legally protected. Anyone know if the contestants are given any instructions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If Jeff called everyone out on the lies he knew, it would ruin the game. He asks questions at TC, and things are said .But to ask him to call Abi a liar is wrong. If this had been Denise, we wouldnt want him to have done that. I say Jeff stays out of it. I still think Abi will cling to her story she told Malcolm, that the note implied where another HI was.
    Agreed. Abi lied, which is a part of this game. They all do it to different extents. She can imply all she wants. There is a very easy way for them to find out the truth - call her bluff, so to speak. If she had lied in a way that would have affected things, like saying her note gave her the ability to pick to people to sit out of the challenge, Jeff would have definitely called her on it. As it was, nothing she lied about affected the actual game - they can call her on her bluff and try to vote her out at the next TC.
    Hyper and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. Abi lied, which is a part of this game. They all do it to different extents. She can imply all she wants. There is a very easy way for them to find out the truth - call her bluff, so to speak. If she had lied in a way that would have affected things, like saying her note gave her the ability to pick to people to sit out of the challenge, Jeff would have definitely called her on it. As it was, nothing she lied about affected the actual game - they can call her on her bluff and try to vote her out at the next TC.
    That's what I am hoping for KM!! Carter, well Carter is Carter, He isn't mean, he doesn't mouth off. For awhile I kept forgetting he was there.I just dont want either of them winning immunity.

I do worry for Malcolm given what Penner said .I mean no Penner, no Malcolm- no eye candy!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I have always wondered why there wasn't far more effort to capture wild animals for food. In some of these places the animals might well be legally protected. Anyone know if the contestants are given any instructions on this?
    Yes some places are - Australia the pigs weren't to my knowledge. And unlike now they were truly surviving (meaning rewards didn't have lots of food, and most relished some of the gross food challenges for this reason). I noticed after "Africa" in particular - the ONE season any of them would've deserved to win based on the fact of surviving - they've been given more food reward challenges.

Fish I know in all places aren't - they're fair game. That said, Supkin's season was the ONLY season where an animal other than fish or chicken (there's usually a challenge for chickens, but this has changed lately too) was killed for food.

Or, maybe "Survivor" just got so much hate mail and was afraid of losing audience members before the third season they just changed it.

Agreed. I actually think Carter will be the next to go. Even though we never see him talk, he is a real threat in challenges. Abi, the only reason she won is because she got to skip the first two legs and was not tired like the other two. She is not a threat and she will not win, so they can realistically vote her out at any time. Carter is a threat.

On Abi crying at TC - if they were legitimately piling on her and digging in and digging in, I would have had a problem with it. Here's my take - Abi is one of those people who has learned how to play the victim when things are not going her way. There was no recognition on her part as to how her actions could have been taken in a nasty light. Nope, she felt attacked so she cried. I have known people like her. I compare it to Sophie a few seasons ago when Ozzie went after her. She was crying because of the actual realization of how her actions could have been seen in a different light. Her I felt bad for. And Abi was right back to being her nasty self and feeling like she is the victim as soon as they went to camp. The only comment I would make is that I think what Denise said was really irrelevant. She said nothing that the rest of them, even the jury members, didn't know. And she said nothing that Abi was going to hear. She is a therapist, so I get the desire to want to help Abi to see how she is perceived, so she could change. But as soon as it became clear that Abi wasn't going to listen and was just going to play the victim, then it became pointless to keep going. And I think Denise did shut up pretty quick when that became apparent. Just because someone cries does not mean we treat them with kid gloves - because unfortunately there are people out there who know that that is exactly what will happen. Abi is not stupid in that regard - she is manipulative. She knew exactly what she was doing when she started crying. I, for one, don't buy it - because none of her actions support it.
    holly71, march, Florimel and 6 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Jadewarlock--Sorry to be a nitpicker but his name is Skupin. I keep seeing you post Supkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    In defense of last week's TC, the other survivors had put up with Abi's bullying for weeks without confrontation. If they'd wanted to be 'mean' they had plenty of time to do it before last week's TC. Also, we should remember that Jeff just kept picking at the wound. He seemed intent on getting people to confront Abi on the horrible way in which she treated others.

I just rewatched last week's TC, and Denise was not mean. She was simply talking strategy. She answered with the same brutal honesty of which Abi is such a big fan, but she was in no way malicious about it.

No one 'attacked' Abi. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the truth hurts.
    I simply see and FEEL it differently than you do.To state no one `attacked` Abi, is to state I am imagining things and that , to me, comes across as dismissive. Which I am sure is unintentional on your part. Your statement is your opinion based on perception, just as mine is. There isnt a right or wrong. I understand your need to express how you see things. Thats what FORT is about.I suppose the trouble for me begins and ends with the fact I have expressed sympathy for a person who comes across negatively while questioning the way a popular player chose to behave. If Abi was popular and Denise the villain, this entire string of posts would not have occurred, I think.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    To state no one `attacked` Abi, is to state I am imagining things and that , to me, comes across as dismissive.
    Sorry if you took offense, but my post was not aimed at you. In fact, I don't remember any specific posts saying that Abbi was attacked. Hence the enclosed 'attacked'. It was just my way of saying that I don't think the pain that was inflicted on Abi was intentional. It was just a product of the circumstances. If you believe it was an intentional, malicious attack then I'm certainly willing to hear you out. I just didn't see it.
    Midol likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Supkin's season was the ONLY season where an animal other than fish or chicken . . . was killed for food.
    Don't forget what's-her-name's rat (the woman who won over Russell H). ;^)

I get it might be too weird to kill one of the monkeys for food, and that strikes me as probably against some international conventional, but there seem to be plenty of lizards and snakes slithering around, and the potential to trap or net some other food.

+ Reply to Thread