+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I like your scenario better than what I came up with which is Skupin and Lisa turning on Malcolm and Denise.
    I just don't see that happening. Both Skupin and Lisa seem to have a specific moral compass this season, and I don't see them betraying them. If they were going to, this would have been the perfect week to do so.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

For anyone who didn't remember or never saw Penner before, how do you feel about him now?
    Last night was a great example of why his fans love him. He's entertaining, smart, resourceful, and adorable. Even the way he left, left them smiling. He was disappointed but accepting about leaving. No bitterness, but disappointed in how he did in the game. Saying "that sucks" to Jeff when his torch was snuffed was great.
    Plus the whistling & peeking back in at the end made me laugh.

One of my all time top 5 favorites.
    waywyrd, march, sweetpea and 5 others like this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I was really disappointed with Lisa at this point. Not only had he just given the rice and beans, but SHE had just won the big ol' sandwich from him so she didn't need anything else. It was odd she would do that.
    I thought the sandwich was bought AFTER the beans and rice, not before. It was when I said "Great, the last player who could challenge Abi for the advantage just got the sandwich."

Carter did however up his status in the tribe so unless Abi manages to really win another immunity he will end up at least in fifth. He played it far smarter.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    For anyone who didn't remember or never saw Penner before, how do you feel about him now?
    Last night was a great example of why his fans love him. He's entertaining, smart, resourceful, and adorable. Even the way he left, left them smiling. He was disappointed but accepting about leaving. No bitterness, but disappointed in how he did in the game. Saying "that sucks" to Jeff when his torch was snuffed was great.
    Plus the whistling & peeking back in at the end made me laugh.

One of my all time top 5 favorites.
    I was a big Skupin fan from back in the day, and was thrilled he was getting another chance to play.
    I was even a Russell Swan fan from his season. He was different this season, or maybe just had more 'flaws' make it on air.

Penner was the only returnee that I actually didn't remember when their names were announced for this season, and I've seen every season. I did remember his face at the beginning of this season, but still nothing about his game in his prior season(s).

Penner has made me a fan this season. He's the total package. Fun, funny, smart, kind, strategic, all good things. I agree last night he had one of the best exits we've ever seen on this show. My only gripe is that now we won't get to see his FTC speech to the jury, which I'm sure would have been stellar.
    march and AZChristian like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

You are correct, Lisa still had all her money when Abi bid. Abi was just faster to jump on it.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Abi is so full of herself it is ridiculous. She claimed tonight that the others didn't like it when she was "brutally honest" and "told it like it was" yet when Denise is, as some have described, "brutally honest" back to Abi, she turtles and claims to be traumatized. She expects everyone else to kiss her butt after the previous tribal but absolutely REFUSES to consider that she might have played a part in how others see her, and start to make amends herself. She tells Penner she expects an apology from him for his treatment of her (???) and sits on her high horse like a queen. When he says, diplomatically, that perhaps in light of how things went down, maybe she should have reconsidered how she interacted with the others, she says she has nothing to say.

When Abi hears something she doesn't like, or that contradicts the incredibly massive ego she has built for herself, she completely abandons any attempts at conversation, she shuts down, she acts like a spoiled rotten 4 year old who has not yet learned how to play well with others. Abi is a caricature. Even Brandon, for pity's sake, seemed capable of some self-reflection. Do I feel sorry for her? Not in the slightest. And I'm not a mean person, I'm not piling on her, I'm just being "brutally honest" right Abi? Sheesh.

The girls needs to learn how to take it if she feels so compelled to dish it out.

Poor Penner. He really screwed his own game over by not agreeing to the deal with Lisa and Skupin. I loved his walk of shame, it was awesome. I'll miss you, Penner.

I don't mind Carter, funnily enough. So glad Denise and Malcolm skated through again. For going through what they went through at the beginning, their ability to survive and even thrive at this point is truly remarkable.

Jeff Kent still looks like he has a large stick you know where. Does that man ever smile?

Oh, and I wanted to reach into the tv and push Pete's lower jaw up so his mouth wasn't hanging open like that. He probably had a mouthful of bugs. Ick.

I like Lisa, but I'm getting really tired of the "I'm not cut out for the game" and the waterworks. As an older woman, if you truly weren't cut out for the game you wouldn't be sitting where you are right now. At what point does this kind of stuff become pandering for jury votes??
    I so agree with you, especially about Abi. I was thinking the same thing watching the show last night. She said she had never been treated so badly before but yet it was OK for her to treat others worse. Good god Abi get you head out of your a$$. Never got why she wanted an apology from Penner, since it was Denise that tried to explain things at TC. But Penner being the good guy that he is tried to smooth things over with her and then she comes back with another one of her classic Abi line of no I don't have anything to say I just wanted to hear what you had to say. Way to make friends Abi!!! Then of course she had to show us her maturity level once again (still can't believe she is 32???) at TC by sticking her tongue out at Denise as she went to vote.

On to someone else. Darn it my beautiful Blue eyed Penner is gone. Can we just watch scenes from Pondrosa now???? and I was so looking forward to his final 3 speech at the final TC. I know it would have been a good one. Oh well, loved him yelling out Denise's name when he went to vote, even she laughed and his exit was the best I have ever watched, especially the peaking back around the corner whistling. Now he can go off and liven up that boring Pondrosa bunch!!
    AZChristian and Midol like this.

FORT Newbie

I have always adored Penner. He seems like a genuine nice, smart, friendly, and cute guy. He has a great attitude about the game and life.
    I wish he could win fan favorite but i think that is going to be Malcolm (who I also love). Hope Penner at least is one of the finalists for favorite anyway!
    kev89 and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    You are correct, Lisa still had all her money when Abi bid. Abi was just faster to jump on it.
    Should explain - Lisa had all her money until she decided to banter bid against Carter. She won the sandwich THEN the advantage was up. No one then except Abi had the $500 and as none could pool money, she won it.

Like I said - they made a mistake here - as most of those who got an advantage have won the II.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    On to someone else. Darn it my beautiful Blue eyed Penner is gone. Can we just watch scenes from Pondrosa now???? and I was so looking forward to his final 3 speech at the final TC. I know it would have been a good one. Oh well, loved him yelling out Denise's name when he went to vote, even she laughed and his exit was the best I have ever watched, especially the peaking back around the corner whistling. Now he can go off and liven up that boring Pondrosa bunch!!
    I think Penner will have a great juror speech but unlike say Sue Hawk's it'll be more of a respectful one - tough love (as in some negatives to improve on) but not flat out ugly. He has become one of my all time favorite repeat players.

He had the best exit ever too - had fun with it and if you can leave Jeff Probst speechless like Penner did (I mean - I've never had him look at the final walk, turn to the tribe and shrug his shoulders).
    march, sweetpea and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think Penner will have a great juror speech but unlike say Sue Hawk's it'll be more of a respectful one - tough love (as in some negatives to improve on) but not flat out ugly. He has become one of my all time favorite repeat players.

He had the best exit ever too - had fun with it and if you can leave Jeff Probst speechless like Penner did (I mean - I've never had him look at the final walk, turn to the tribe and shrug his shoulders).
    Jeff likes Penner, I don't think he wanted to spoil his departure.. I cannot wait to hear his question to the F3
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread