+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

At the beginning of the show when Abi said she needed immunity I knew she would get it. Yuck.
    At this point they should keep her around for F3, but they are all playing an "upstanding" game, so I doubt they will.
    I do give Abi points for her deception about the clue- it was pretty great- and I'm not an Abi fan AT ALL.
    I woud've liked to see her NOT win immunity and see if they believed her about the clue- deliberately ripping into tiny pieces made it look too obvious that it was a lie. Maybe next week it will be addressed. Hopefully the tribe will figure out that she didn't get a huge advantage in the challenge AND a clue to a HII.

Sad to see Penner gone. He's a lock for fan fave I think...

after the challenge my husband said that Jeff must hate his job when he sees how much of an advantage Abi had. I am not sure if he is giving him too much credit for caring.

I sure hope Denise wins in the end. I also have an inappropriate old lady crush on Malcolm. I loved the "it's like having a girlfriend who doesn't go away even after you are broken up"
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe Jeff didnt know what was written down, is he told every little thing? maybe not.
    Jeff was overseeing the challenge so he had to know. However, it might have been so unexpected, especially from miserable Abi, that he wasn't sure how to react and therefore kept silent.

I was surprised so many of the food challenges were exposed, and they were all excellent rewards. No grubs anywhere! Given a history of bad choices and not enough of them, I'm surprised there weren't more quick $500 bids.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I must say I was surprised to hear Malcolm feel a little sorry for Abi
    It was edited. His comment was abruptly cut off mid sentence so I don't think we heard the whole context.
    holly71 and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    You didn't mention this in your post but several other people brought it up...I thought Jeff specifically mentioned that you could not share your food or your money, so people pooling their money to get the advantage was not possible. It still surprised me that nobody else saved their money for that. To me that just indicates that they were either really hungry or really sure that they would not be voted out...and that was Penner's second mistake. I don't know why he wouldn't think it's either Abi or me and just be sure and save his money. He is such a fan of the game that I can't believe he didn't think of that.
    There were, I think, at least two people left with all of their money intact, but they couldn't have outbid Abi - she was on that thing like a duck on a junebug.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I suspect that neither Abi nor Carter will win II next week. In that event, my guess is that the F4 Alliance will decide to spit the vote between Carter and Abi on the off chance that Abi does have a HII. Then, in the event of a tie, they agree to vote out Abi.
    There are 6 people left. If the F4 alliance splits its vote, Abi and Carter can force a three-way tie. That would be a first! (Still waiting for a Final TC tie.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    There were, I think, at least two people left with all of their money intact, but they couldn't have outbid Abi - she was on that thing like a duck on a junebug.
    I think they could have outbid Abi. I don't recall Abi pouncing until she heard Jeff discuss what the reward was. Seeing from the start that it wasn't food should have been enough indication to jump right in.

As soon as Jeff said advantage, Abi jumped in with $500 bid.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    As soon as Jeff said advantage, Abi jumped in with $500 bid.
    Right, so there was a moment before that when someone sharp might have taken the chance it was something like that. Or did Jeff say it before he even lifted the cover?

As to Carter's decision to take the beans and rice, he was still getting something out of it. The dilemma used to be that the rest of the tribe got some goodie, like cake, and you got nothing. It was a good decision on his part. The other members might not credit him for it, but they're likely to hold it against him if he doesn't take it. Plus maybe guaranteed food in his remaining days was more important to him anyway.
    Last edited by Brooks; 11-29-2012 at 09:13 AM.

are people allowed to pool their money? Could someone have handed the cash over to outbid Abi?

Also I was kind of disappointed that after Carter gave up his win for the rice and beans Lisa still got into a bidding war with him.
    holly71 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread