+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: 11/21/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 11/21/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Neecy44 View Post
    Could anyone be more un-self aware than Abi? Do you think there is any chance she is realizing how terrible she behaves as she is watching each episode now? She is truly a horrible person. She can't blame her age or her language skills, I love how Denise tried to pinpoint her problems. She just doesn't get it. I think Denise is one of my all time favorite players and I've been watching since season 1.
    Totally agree. I'm repeating myself from some other week, but I really did not expect to like Denise. I figured she'd be a pain. I suppose my experience with those in her general field hasn't given me the highest expectations. Anyway, I really like her. She has played well and hard. She's has dealt with the other players really well and with great respect.

I was also very relieved that Malcom knows he is a great risk. He seemed to be keeping a close eye on Skupin. Wonder how worried he was as he took the risk of not playing the idol. He really looked uneasy. I was yelling at the screen "just play the idol. Better to play it too early than go home with it in your pocket!" He's pretty, athletic, very likable, and seemingly smart. I would love for him to make final 3, but that may get really difficult for him. He definitely has a target on his back.
    holly71 and wannasee like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Abi says English is not her first language. I assume her first language is Bitch. She's clearly fluent in it.

I wish the show had shown how the merged tribe got to be named Dangrayne. Did the castaways choose it, or were they told that would be their new tribe name? Before tonight, I've read it as Dan Grayne or Dan Gray NE but tonight I was thinking it was Dang Rayne, as in "Dang rain! It never lets up!" So maybe the castaways did come up with it.

So relieved Malcolm is still there.

How could Penner not recognize it was time to accept an F4 alliance?

I've enjoyed the Abi-isms. She's the next to go so I'm predicting Penner or Carter is sent packing instead.

I had to miss last week's Survivor, so I had a mini-marathon of both last week and this week's episodes tonight, so they're both fresh in my mind lol. Abi is such an idiot, seriously no self awareness whatsoever. I almost felt bad for Pete, I could tell he was getting tired of her And I just loved Denise's reactions to her.

Carter's actually kind of starting to grow on me, he might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but he seems like a nice enough guy. And Lisa and Skupin have both surprised me...based on how passive they were before the merge, it's surprised me how hard they've been playing.

Jonathan Penner has just been fantastic, and I'm still hoping he pulls this off, or at least wins fan favorite. Both strategically and socially, I thought he was a really underrated player, and this season just confirms that. I've always believed he would have gone far and possibly even win Fans vs Favorites if it wasn't for his injury, and now I'm even more confident in that belief.

I'm really loving this season too...I think it's the best in quite some time
    wannasee and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neecy44 View Post
    I am loving this season. I hope they NEVER go back to the Redemption Island concept and instead keep having both a Reward AND an Immunity challenge each week.
    Amen. The Redemption Island seasons sucked. This season's also helped by the fact that none of the returning players are being blindly worshipped. It's also nice having no members or mention of the Hantz family
    Neecy44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    That was a good goodbye by Pete. I didn't mind him. He made a bad move to throw in with Abi at the beginning and that just shows how important it is to allign with the right people at the start. He suffered because of her behaviour. Under different circumstances he might have been sitting in Malcom's position.
    I kind of agree. I never knew Pete existed until he entered in his (this is key) Unholy Alliance with Abi-Maria. Remember PETE was the one who stirred that pot! He got Abi on his side, they took RC's clue, found the idol - didn't tell RC - after PETE had dug up the clue and made RC look bad in Abi's eyes....

Bottom line: Pete is as stinky as Abi - just not as "I'd shank-you-in-a-New-York-minute" kinda way. jmo
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I liked the Redemption Island format. Too bad it was used in an attempt to rigfully keep their favorite returnees in the game. I'd like it in a season with all newbies.

The Redemption Island idea was interesting, and on a season with all new players it might work well. My main problem with those seasons were the personalities...mainly the fact that there was so much hero worship on the returning players, and the Hantz family recieved an obscene amount of attention both seasons.

I do agree with Neecy44 on having separate reward and immunity challenges though, I missed that in those seasons.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If Malcolm doesn't make the F3 I think he's a shoe in for Fan Favorite.... unless he's competing with Denise. I think she'd beat everyone.

Re Abi and the cooking issue...if I heard her correctly at TC she was saying that she'd been cooking constantly up until that point and wanted a change of chores, like wood or water getting. On the other hand the reaction from everyone seemed to imply that she'd hardly done anything except maybe some cooking... Just trying to see it from Abi's viewpoint. But of course she's been so awful to so many people that it's not likely anyone there would take her side... and I'm not either.

11/21/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Abi says English is not her first language. I assume her first language is Bitch. She's clearly fluent in it.

I wish the show had shown how the merged tribe got to be named Dangrayne. Did the castaways choose it, or were they told that would be their new tribe name? Before tonight, I've read it as Dan Grayne or Dan Gray NE but tonight I was thinking it was Dang Rayne, as in "Dang rain! It never lets up!" So maybe the castaways did come up with it.
    If you watch the survivor insider videos on CBS one talks about the naming of the tribe, it is to do with the weather as you suggest.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread