+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussiion Thread **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/14 Show Discussiion Thread **Spoilers**

I agree that this has been one of the best seasons of Survivor in a long time, one of my all-time favorites! Abi is really the only player I hate. Pete is actually ok on his own. I like that he gave props to Penner last night when he made his vote against him at tribal council. Plus, the man must have the patience of a saint to be able to put up with Abi on a daily basis. I loved two of the three returning players. Russell was a bit of a let-down but at least he didn't last long in the game. Ditto Roxy.

Some of my other favorite seasons were Pearl Islands, Cook Islands, and Samoa.
    DiamondSmiles likes this.

FORT Fogey

Wish they'd gone with Abi - she would have been blindsided!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm thinking the reason Abi didn't get picked to participate in the reward challenge was because nobody could stomach spending the day with her.
    She was the one who sat out every challenge possible...why would they think she could contribute to a challenge?? Smart move!

Why didn't they vote off Abi??? Well who would be a better choice to be sitting at final TC with?
    Florimel likes this.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well, that was satisfying. Abi just doesn't know when to keep her big mouth shut, does she? I think Pete wanted to reach over and strangle her at TC.

I really liked Lisa tonight, and I really was moved by her expression while talking to Penner. I do not agree with her stance on some issues outside the show, but I think she is genuinely a nice lady and I think she, unlike some others, actually cares about how she comes across to other people. She tried again and again to be loyal to the Abi/Pete/Artis group, and they kept treating her and Skupin like dirt. Penner was really smart to talk to her about the story of Survivor, what the fans of the show will want to see happen, what they will cheer on and what they will forgive. He's so smart at this game, and he knew exactly how it would all play out in the narrative of the show. And he was right.

ETA: Ok, after reading upthread, I have no words for why Lisa would stick to this toxic alliance UNLESS she figures she can win against them in the end. If that's the case, while I don't like it, I understand it.

I would love to see Penner and Lisa and Skupin make it to the end. Throw Denise and Malcolm into the final five and I don't care who wins.

Abi's face at times is downright frightening. She looks like she's ready to cut someone. When Probst mentioned it at TC I

My DVR cut out the end. What did Artis say? Who voted for who??
    Fanny, thanks for reminding me...I too loved Malcolm's realization that teaching children was a joy and he was wasting his life pouring drinks. I hope he goes back to it, too. I think he's a great guy, and I wish him nothing but the best.

In fact, I even liked mush-face tonight. There are only two left now that I dislike wholeheartedly. That's a record for this show!
    The gist of what Artis said was respectful to the people who voted him out, props to Penner for escaping again. If he'd given more camera time like that during the show I'd have been voting for him to stay! He sounded intelligent and sane. Maybe hanging out with Abi infected him with her sourness! He actually seemed like a really nice guy.
    Abi, Pete, Lisa and Artis voted for Penner, everyone else, including Skulpin, voted for Artis.
    sweetpea, Midol and sunnydayz like this.

FORT Fan

I, too, am really enjoying this season. I love that some of the older folks are doing well, and that a few younger and older folks are working together and getting along well. I'm liking Penner more and more. He sounded like a psychiatrist in his conversation with Lisa at the beginning. I know he had some game reasons for doing what he did, but he seemed to hit the nail on the head with her. And his conversation with her about how the "story" of this season is playing out on TV had me persuaded! I was hoping Lisa would jump ship along with Skupin, but maybe she just needed to show her loyalty for one more tribal.

Artis never got much air time... at least before he went we learned the "real" version of him. Apparantly he wasn't a villian after all. The camera just focused in on the "stank" looks on his face.

But enough about him. I am SO disappointed in Lisa. After all of that, everything that happened after the reward challenge and tribal and she STILL votes with Abi!? What the hell!? Now I see why Survivor is basically teaching her life lessons. She can't say NO and to me this looks kinda codependent or stockholm syndrome. Seriously, just jump ship already! Just because you were randomly assigned to Tandang at the beginning doesn't mean you have to stay there. And when did this suddenly turn into loyalty!? I am glad Skupin did what she couldn't because she so fustrates me. I can't believe it, but I do agree with Abi now - she is naive and gullible (in this respect).
    Last edited by Endit; 11-15-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, they do edit to try to confuse you, so you can't guess what will happen at TC!

Abi, Pete and Artis were one group with the much maligned Lisa and Mike S. at the bottom of the totem pole. Everyone else, Malcolm, Penner, Denise, and the kid I never remember are on the other side. The first group wanted to vote out Penner. The second group tried to get Lisa and/or Mike S. to switch to their side. They succeeded.
    I have NO idea why Lisa thinks it is advantageous to be loyal to Abi who treats her like manure on her shoe, and not in a subtle way. At least Mike she mostly talks about behind his back. Lisa she talks over and down to and rudely and condescendingly to to her face. Really, Penner is right, Lisa has a terrible desire to please and be liked if she puts up with that. She and Mike should have negotiated a joint switheroo.
    If Abi had talked to me that way I'd have announced right at the TC, I'm switching my vote because of YOU, Abi. You're just too horrible to be aligned with try as I might. Sorry, Pete and Artis, but you go along with her, so you pay the penalty. There's no real risk to Lisa...the others will try to take out Abi and Pete next, and it's not like she was that high in her original group. Of course now she's about 6th in her new group.
    I loved how Jeff said Abi had a face like she wanted to spew venom.

ETA, I also hope Malcolm goes back to teaching-- I'd have loved my kids to have had a teacher like him.
    I'd definitely be at all the parent teacher conferences!!!

Oh, Abi. She could seriously write a book on how NOT to play Survivor. It has always been my theory that the things we don't like in other people are the things we don't like in ourselves. She thought RC betrayed her and yet what did she do? I just think she is a miserable person. The funniest part to me is that she considers Skupin such a non-entity that it never even occurred to her that he might switch. She treated him like a non-entity, so he had no allegiance. Whereas Lisa has been nothing but loyal and all she can do is spew venom at her. I laughed right out loud when Abi said she thought she had been welcoming to Lisa. OMG, she has to be the most self-unaware person out there. In the alternative, if that is welcoming, I'm not sure I want to be around when she decides to be truly nasty!!
    pikachu, Coco46 and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Artis never got much air time... at least before he went we learned the "real" version of him. Apparantly he wasn't a villian after all. The camera just focused in on the "stank" looks on his face.

But enough about him. I am SO disappointed in Lisa. After all of that, everything that happened after the reward challenge and tribal and she STILL votes with Abi!? What the hell!? Now I see why Survivor is basically teaching her life lessons. She can't say NO and to me this looks kinda codependent or stockholm syndrome. Seriously, just jump ship already! Just because you were randomly assigned to Tandang at the beginning doesn't mean you have to stay there. And when did this suddenly turn into loyalty!? I am glad Skupin did what she couldn't because she so fustrates me. I can't believe it, but I do agree with Abi now - she is naive and gullible (in this respect).
    If Lisa is naive and gullible, then Abi should be pleased, if she wasn't , Abi would have had her sorry, miserable @ss booted a long time ago

.Lisa cant turn on a dime, the talk she had with Penner showed what she has done since she has been a child .Those traits don't simply go away once you hit this show. She will realize, I just hope it isn't too later .I hope Skupin speaks with her, if anyone can get through to her, I believe its him, and not Abi and her stupid cracks about others behaviors
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Great episode! Just a few comments on a few of the players:

Artis and Pete: I'm not giving them a break just because one of them was nice with a vote comment and the other left with a little bit of class. They have been jerks throughout the show. Numerous other tribemates have talked about how they are bullies. Pete has made so many assinine, inane and bs comments, I'm not about to drop it just for one nice comment. I wonder if Pete still thinks he's the mastermind of the game?

Skupin: is playing one interesting game. I'm not sure if it's even a game he's playing or he's just hanging around being himself. Honestly, gamewise, I think he did the right thing at this point. Skupin and Lisa's chances at final five with the other three (Abi, Pete, and Artis) were slim simply because they lack numbers there. Getting rid of numbers evens the score... it changes everything. I continue to watch him with interest because I'm not exactly sure what he's playing.

Penner: Yeah, I've always loved Penner. He's playing smart. Mostly I love to see Jeff squirm seeing Penner escape week by week. lol

Lisa: She is, possibly, one of my favourite players ever. That is a strong statement as I've watched every episode of every season. It's interesting that she could take Jonathan's words as both kindness AND game playing. There is nothing stupid about this woman. Her game is loyalty, and she always has her eye on the final prize. Good for her! She knows she needs a platform to argue to the jurors when she makes it there... and I suspect she knew Skupin's vote and went with her own vote to hold onto that platform.

Did anyone else notice the irony in Jonathan telling Lisa how she is a pleaser because of her life with an audience and then he later talks to her about making the right 'story'... pleasing the audience? He expressed sadness that she is a pleaser and then tells her that is what she should be. At first I was a little annoyed that he would play her like that, but then I remembered he did it himself. When he switched on Candice and the other idiots his season, he sealed his fate... but he wanted the good guys to win. I do like that about Penner, though it isn't great game playing, really.

Abi: the queen of pointing out others faults that are her own!! Really unbelievable. Possibly one of the WORST players ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    Blind loyalty to her tribe reflects on how she deals with her beliefs (i.e. blind faith to her God).
    I'm flummoxed that you would even make a comment like this. Does Penner have blind loyalty to his tribe? He has what you would call "blind faith in his God". So have many other Survivors in the past. As I mentioned earlier, Lisa is not popular with her tribe, she does not have "challenge prowess" to claim as her own... she is always looking out for her end game... loyalty is part of that argument. It's smart and has nothing to do with her faith.

Malcolm. He just earned another six days. I love Malcolm... would be great if he won, and darn it, if the rest of these people just keep on ignoring his capacity to win, they DESERVE to lose! The one exception here is Penner, right now he needs Malcolm for numbers. The rest are idiots voting for Penner when Malcolm has an idol. IDIOTS!

ETA: As a player of this game... I'd be putting Malcolm, Denise and Penner as my targets. But Malcolm first for heaven's sake. No one can beat him. He's J.T.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Shoepie and wannasee like this.

+ Reply to Thread