+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussiion Thread **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 11/14 Show Discussiion Thread **Spoilers**

Well, they do edit to try to confuse you, so you can't guess what will happen at TC!

Abi, Pete and Artis were one group with the much maligned Lisa and Mike S. at the bottom of the totem pole. Everyone else, Malcolm, Penner, Denise, and the kid I never remember are on the other side. The first group wanted to vote out Penner. The second group tried to get Lisa and/or Mike S. to switch to their side. They succeeded.
    I have NO idea why Lisa thinks it is advantageous to be loyal to Abi who treats her like manure on her shoe, and not in a subtle way. At least Mike she mostly talks about behind his back. Lisa she talks over and down to and rudely and condescendingly to to her face. Really, Penner is right, Lisa has a terrible desire to please and be liked if she puts up with that. She and Mike should have negotiated a joint switheroo.
    If Abi had talked to me that way I'd have announced right at the TC, I'm switching my vote because of YOU, Abi. You're just too horrible to be aligned with try as I might. Sorry, Pete and Artis, but you go along with her, so you pay the penalty. There's no real risk to Lisa...the others will try to take out Abi and Pete next, and it's not like she was that high in her original group. Of course now she's about 6th in her new group.
    I loved how Jeff said Abi had a face like she wanted to spew venom.

ETA, I also hope Malcolm goes back to teaching-- I'd have loved my kids to have had a teacher like him.
    Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.

First I really love Penner. I don't know how far he will go, but I just love to hear him talk.I loved the way he spoke with Lisa.
    Abi, for one so young, she looks like she is sucking on a lemon all the time. I dislike her with a passion, and would rather have seen her leave than Artis.

The reward challenge was exceptional and I am more in like with Malcolm than ever. I hope that was a life changing moment for this young man. He has such a big heart
    This is one of the best Survivors we have had for awhile.

Lisa, turn your back on Abi and walk away. She isn't worth it.
    holly71, pikachu, PWS and 5 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, that was satisfying. Abi just doesn't know when to keep her big mouth shut, does she? I think Pete wanted to reach over and strangle her at TC.

I really liked Lisa tonight, and I really was moved by her expression while talking to Penner. I do not agree with her stance on some issues outside the show, but I think she is genuinely a nice lady and I think she, unlike some others, actually cares about how she comes across to other people. She tried again and again to be loyal to the Abi/Pete/Artis group, and they kept treating her and Skupin like dirt. Penner was really smart to talk to her about the story of Survivor, what the fans of the show will want to see happen, what they will cheer on and what they will forgive. He's so smart at this game, and he knew exactly how it would all play out in the narrative of the show. And he was right.

ETA: Ok, after reading upthread, I have no words for why Lisa would stick to this toxic alliance UNLESS she figures she can win against them in the end. If that's the case, while I don't like it, I understand it.

I would love to see Penner and Lisa and Skupin make it to the end. Throw Denise and Malcolm into the final five and I don't care who wins.

Abi's face at times is downright frightening. She looks like she's ready to cut someone. When Probst mentioned it at TC I

My DVR cut out the end. What did Artis say? Who voted for who??

Fanny, thanks for reminding me...I too loved Malcolm's realization that teaching children was a joy and he was wasting his life pouring drinks. I hope he goes back to it, too. I think he's a great guy, and I wish him nothing but the best.

In fact, I even liked mush-face tonight. There are only two left now that I dislike wholeheartedly. That's a record for this show!
    Last edited by sweetpea; 11-15-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    NFL1, pikachu and Dragonlady like this.

Abi is such a you know what. Seems that way in real life from post interviews of other contestants!
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

WTH? How did Lisa vote to send Penner home after being called out by Abi at Tribal? I was convinced she made up her mind at that moment to change her vote to Artis. This is one whacky season.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I'm thinking the reason Abi didn't get picked to participate in the reward challenge was because nobody could stomach spending the day with her.

I have always really liked Penner. He is in fact one of my all time favourite survivors. After tonight, I like him even more. He straight up told Abi I voted for you; his strategy of digging up all the bags at once was great; his talk with Lisa while smart and strategic, was also thoughtful and kind; and he pretty much summed up how the audience percieves players and what we want to see. He loves this game and is a really smart player and I so wish he could make it to the end. Unfortunately, the fact that he is so smart and people know it, makes him really dangerous and such a big threat, that I think it is only a matter of time...or as he himself said...dead man walking. If ever Jeff left, I think Penner would make a great replacement. And the man has the most amazing blue eyes!

I have said it before, but I am really enjoying this season! With the exception of Abi, I don't dislike anyone and there are quite a few players that I REALLY like. Usually, I am lucky to find even one that I am really rooting for and this season there is a plethora in Denise, Malcom, Penner and Lisa. Pete and Carter are kind of non entities for me and Abi is rather vile and as long as none of them win, I am one happy camper.
    march, pikachu, sclilred1 and 2 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

LOL on Abi accusing of Skupin voting for her. That goes to show that she doesn't trust him and that's why he changed votes in TC. I think Lisa and Skupin decided that they split their vote. Because Lisa was struggling with her vote, Skupin may have told her to vote with Tandang so she can tell Pete and Abi that she was still loyal to them. Lisa may have told Skupin to vote his own way and he chose to vote with Penner because he's just had enough of the evil trio. He realized that he's in the bottom of the Tandang alliance anyway so it was time to make a bold move. Looks like he is creating a new alliance of 4 next week.

I don't know why Lisa is relegating herself to be a dust mop by the Abi alliance. Does she have self-esteem issues? She already betrayed Malcolm why can't she betray Abi and company? She couldn't seem to see through that they treat her and Skupin like crap and they will be the first to go as soon as they get rid the others so might as well aligned with the others and create a new alliance. Skupin this time is taking over for her so she doesn't have to struggle which group to choose and who to vote for. Blind loyalty to her tribe reflects on how she deals with her beliefs (i.e. blind faith to her God).

LOL on Abi again trying to scramble to survive in the game. Now she's pleading to Lisa and Skupin. She is now dead woman walking. Abi had her chance but her vileness was the undoing of the Tandang tribe. She's really very immature and Artis was right in saying that she thinks she knows everything and it's blowing up on her face. Pete should have aligned with RC and got rid of Abi, their alliance would not have imploded.

Couple of points:

If the village is too poor to afford school supplies, why would it be appropriate for the winners to eat their food? I realize that Survivor is footing the bill, but in my mind that could be more food for the villagers. The Survivors are getting fed too much anyway on these rewards. Why not just let them get cleaned up, visit the school? Or on some other kind of cultural excursion. Frankly, I've almost forgotten that they're in the Phillippines!

I think that Jeff is getting back on Abi for not participating in challenges! LOL! I thought it was so hilarious when he said that she wouldn't be able to go on the reward! Now everyone who wants to be on the show has learned a lesson: participate in challenges!!! LOL!
    NFL1 and Endit like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I think I love Penner more and more each episode. He is one of those rare players that seem to be able to play the game without lying and breaking trust. He's made no bones about whom he likes, whom he voted for, and whom he doesn't like and doesn't have an issue telling them to their faces. He is kind and caring, but smart enough to know he is a 'dead man walking' and has said he understands and applauds whomever votes him out- because that's how you play Survivor. He is a student of the game, which was solidified when he was talking to Lisa about what the viewers would think while watching it. He also knows he is a nice guy and the whole 'I don't want a returnee to win' is slowly fading into him knowing that no one wants to sit next to a smart, trustworthy, nice person in the final. He could easily try and align himself with Sourpuss and Sourpuss Sidekick and make a new alliance, but he doesn't want to play the game with them, even if that means he gets voted out sooner. Some people may think that's a dumb move, but I appreciate the fact that he has made it this far without changing the way he plays. I usually like a good villan and manipulator every season, but this season I am happy to watch all the decent people and I hope they all make it to the end. It would be nice to have a final four of people I actually like and wouldn't care who won out of them. That may be a first!
    NCLurker, march, pikachu and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread