+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Ponderosa Philippines

FORT Fogey

Re: Ponderosa Philippenes

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    RC's interview had moments where she came across as really full of herself and how she sees herself. That surprised me and maybe it was just me, but .....
    I thought so too.

Well, I can see how it would come across as 'full of herself' but honestly I think she was just telling it like it was. Abi wanted to be the number one girl, and yet she was obviously asked to sit out numerous times so RC and Lisa could compete. Her ego was bruised and she sulked and reacted like a child. Plus, RC does have a rockin' body so I can see how she would be 'the pretty one' but it's funny we never got to see those conversations.

This is where I really agreed with her:

HitFix: And what do you make of Pete's strategy?

RC: I think it's the silliest thing in the world. And I know that he regrets it, because he certainly apologized to me enough times now that I know he knows he made a stupid decision. But that just goes to show you that he's not a good player of "Survivor." You were in a major alliance. If you want to switch it up, do it behind our backs. Don't do it so publicly that me and Michael know exactly where our place is in the tribe now. And, on top of that, you did it so early in the game. We weren't losing. There's no reason to have fights. There's no reason to "create chaos," in his own words. We were winning! Do after the Merge or blindside us. By not hiding his intentions or anything else like that, it was really his own downfall
    She mentions that Abi has not yet reached out to her at all, and frankly I think her idea that it might happen at the reunion is wishful thinking. Abi will never admit publicly that she was wrong. But it looks as if, from the above quote, Pete realized his stupidity and apologized "numerous times" which makes me like him a bit more. At least he has the ability to be somewhat self-aware.
    Shoepie, GabbyG and 4thatchers like this.

I am no fan of Abi Maria, can't stand her really, but what did bother me in RC's interview was her remark about Abi's not having graduated community college at age 34 when RC continually uses "me" as a subject pronoun. Don't put down someone else's education when you don't know basic English grammar.
    sweetpea, Shoepie, scoot13 and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I am no fan of Abi Maria, can't stand her really, but what did bother me in RC's interview was her remark about Abi's not having graduated community college at age 34 when RC continually uses "me" as a subject pronoun. Don't put down someone else's education when you don't know basic English grammar.
    True enough.

Watched all the Ponderosa segments yesterday. Really dull compared to prior seasons, and agree that RC's laugh is especially grating after a little while. I liked RC on the island, not so much at Ponderosa. I was surprised she's looking forward to Abi joining Ponderosa, so she can tell her off. Of course that's only if Abi lets RC get a word in edgewise.
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Watched all the Ponderosa segments yesterday. Really dull compared to prior seasons, and agree that RC's laugh is especially grating after a little while. I liked RC on the island, not so much at Ponderosa. I was surprised she's looking forward to Abi joining Ponderosa, so she can tell her off. Of course that's only if Abi lets RC get a word in edgewise.
    On Ponderosa, RC won't have to worry about potential negative reactions to her interactions with Abi. Since RC is twice her height and outweighs her (and is very athletic), I'm thinkin' Abi had better watch herself. There's this little part of me that is hoping RC lets her have it with both barrels . . . and that the others will jump in and "explain" the error of Abi's ways to Abi. I don't like mean people, and Abi comes across as mean.
    GabbyG, 4thatchers and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Wow. RC is STILL giving Artis the cold shoulder.
    Not to defend RC's actions towards Artis but we never saw Artis approach her or try to talk to her either and he was one of the terrible trio that were treating her and Mike like crap, and yes she could have been the bigger person and said hello first but.....
    GabbyG, 4thatchers and AZChristian like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It didn't really surprise me that RC came off as a bit full of herself. Just because she is enemies with the 'bad' guys... Pete and Abi, and was good at challenges, it doesn't automatically make her a 'good' guy.

The fact that she thought Abi and her just fit together in the beginning and, along with Abi, were happy to ostracize Lisa simply because she was older and quiet said quite a lot to me about who she is.
    RC didn't change when Abi back-stabbed her, Abi just became worse in comparison.

Personally, I don't mind her that much, but I do wonder how people would feel about her had she and Abi stayed buddies. I have a feeling we'd hate the pair of them.
    Lil Bit and ilja like this.

Has Jeff Kent let anyone know who he is yet?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Has Jeff Kent let anyone know who he is yet?
    Not that we have seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast