+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Judging from the previews, Pete and Abi lose it on Lisa. This I'm also not getting. She helped them immeasurably by revealing Malcolm's idol and she has shown great loyalty to them. Why in the world would they turn on her??
    Because they're stupid and jerks -- straight-up tools who'll probably decide it's Lisa's fault everyone now knows Abi has an idol, and so they'll assign blame to her and treat her shabby rather than admit their own errors (Abi in pulling out her idol for no reason, and Pete by gullibly mis-reading Malcom's 'freak out' in their conversation re: what Lisa told Pete about Malcom having an idol). (And I LOVED the stunned look on Pete's face when Malcom produced the idol, btw - freaking funny).

Also, IMO, somewhere in this is that Abi/Pete haven't liked Lisa from the get-go bc they don't think she's as hip/cool/smart as they (and Malcom) are -- that's why they believed Malcolm (a newer tribe member w/dangerous ties to Denise and a reason to lie) who was in 'deny, deny, deny' mode rather than introspective/loyal/sweet-natured Lisa who had never been untrustworthy to them and had zero reason to lie.
    mindy384 and wannasee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think Abi threw her HII out there because she's desperate for attention: "see! I'm a serious player too!!" - her and Pete have a higher opinion of their own gameplay than it warrants. Her look of pure hatred directed at RC was seriously crazy. That chick needs a reality check.

Still not sure if Lisa did the right thing or not, but she certainly set things on fire at TC.
    I agree about Abi and wanting the attention about the idol. There was no reason for her to show it as no one but Pete and Malcolm knew she had it.
    Also agree that don't know if Lisa really did the right thing. I really, really, wish she would have switched alliances at the merge so we could get rid of the crazies. But the thing about Lisa is that she knows Survivor, has watched it since the beginning and has seen where if people stick to their original alliance (even if they are nuts) and they are the tribe in control that they usually make it further in the game then people that flip. But this season I think she could have flipped and been ok because we have the returnees with Penner who has flipped before so he would be more accepting and she could have brought Skupin and RC along.
    I understand her thoughts on going to the finals with someone like Abi and Pete would help her gets the votes but she has to remember that the tight alliance is Abi, Pete and Artis and she would have to break into that. I hope she opens her eyes and realizes that the people on the jury (except maybe RC) DO NOT want a returnee to win so she should try to get a tight alliance with Penner and Skupin and go to the end with them.

Abi, Abi Abi - Yes RC still looks better than you, especially all cleaned up. Giving her dirty looks will not change that.

I hope with what took place a TC that Malcolm will now see to get away from Pete, Abi and Artis and go with Penners group. I mean he knew they were a little nuts but he had to see that he is the forgotten so called member of their alliance.

As for Jeff Kent - The fact that both Penner and Skupin are still there is just the icing on the cake!!!!! He could have lasted longer if he focus had not been sooooo concentrated on getting rid of the returnees.
    sweetpea, mindy384 and Midol like this.

I really like Lisa - liked her as Blair on "Facts of Life" and like her now as someone who is actually playing the game of Survivor. I do think she was a little too forthcoming at Tribal and probably put a target on her own back, but at least she tried to make a big move. Is Skupin the only player who has recognized her as a child/teen t.v. star? I would think Denise might have....but apparently not. Wonder if the jury would award her the $$ if they thought she already had $$ from being on television....
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    I really like Lisa - liked her as Blair on "Facts of Life" and like her now as someone who is actually playing the game of Survivor. I do think she was a little too forthcoming at Tribal and probably put a target on her own back, but at least she tried to make a big move. Is Skupin the only player who has recognized her as a child/teen t.v. star? I would think Denise might have....but apparently not. Wonder if the jury would award her the $$ if they thought she already had $$ from being on television....
    I think Penner is the only other person who knew Lisa was on FOL.....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ...(and that crack about Obama, ) is definitely not going to earn him the fan fave prize at the end, that's for sure.
    I don't know about that - he's probably going to get the Republican vote.
    Monte71, jucamer and Midol like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong but usually when a hidden immunity idol is used, isn't a new one put into play? Or is that only done when the person who had the idol was voted out without using it?

I'm pretty sure that when Russell was in Samoa, he used several hidden immunity idols in a row because he went searching for a new one as soon as he used one. I assumed they were still doing that.

So if I was Jonathan, I would be out scouting around for another hidden immunity idol.

I think with there being 3 idols in play this time they'll just elimiate this one and I would guess the next one that gets used too. I think they should still have a look cause you never know, but I doubt they would keep replanting all 3 idols?

I thought they only rehid the HII if the player was voted out without using it.
    There's no place like home!

I'm pretty sure they replace the idol in both instances, but not sure they would do that this season with the possibility of 3 idols being out there

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    This is the funniest comment I've seen so far. You're expecting rationale thought from Abi???

I'm relieved RC isn't dealing with Abi at Ponderosa. Jeff won't be much fun for her either but he's so self-absorbed all he'll need is a mirror to keep himself company.
    Oh, I know, but how will she rationalize it to other people is what I wonder. It's like she has no idea that she is playing a game for people's votes and not some schoolyard bully/mean girl game. She and Pete are the kind of people that leave me completely flabbergasted... and wondering what the heck they are doing on Survivor at all... besides 'entertaining' us.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer
    I'm pretty sure they replace the idol in both instances, but not sure they would do that this season with the possibility of 3 idols being out there
    And probably not when we're getting closer to the end like this... six more vote outs and two idols in play, it's possible, but less likely than earlier in the game, I'm guessing.
    wannasee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread