+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think Lisa was smart to talk openly at TC. She radiated genuine and made it clear she was playing to win, as they all are. They all like her and do not see her as a threat to win. They are wrong in that assumption.

At the end of TC, I don't understand why Jeff said, this may go down in Survivor history as the biggest missed opportunity. What missed opportunity? Anyone know?
    Probst answered the bolded in his interview with Dalton Ross in EW. Basically he was referring to Penner and how he lost the opportunity to firm up an alliance with Jeff...I'm assuming by voting out Pete or in some other way helping Jeff to stay in the game.
    Last edited by Midol; 11-10-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Has Abi even done a confessional?
    Let me think....im trying to remember if Ive heard:

"I hate RC! Im way hotter than RC. Im a real b*tch, don't mess with me, I'll kill you! Is that RC over there in the trees, I'll kill her. I'm angry. I'm the best survivor player ever, I'm in control. RC is stupid. Are you sure you didn't see RC out there, because Im a real bada*s and she should be scared of me! My knee hurts. they want me to participate in challenges..? I'm voting for RC...and if she isn't in the game I'm still voting for her because she's a liar. No one better mess with me."

I can't remember that particular monologue so Im guessing no?

I seem to recall her doing a few early on - during the whole RC/Abi alliance, and then some ITMs around the time of her finding the HII and feeling like RC betrayed her. Other than that, nope - nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Probst answered the bolded in his interview with Dalton Ross in EW. Basically he was referring to Penner and how he lost the opportunity to firm up an alliance with Jeff...I'm assuming by voting out Pete or in some other way helping Jeff to stay in the game.
    I realize Probst knows a lot more than we see, but I don't know where he ever got an idea that Penner/Jeff was even a possibility.
    All Jeff has been saying since the game started was "I want Penner out" "Penner's got to go before me" "Let's get Penner out" "I don't want a vet to win - vote Penner out" "Penner out, Penner out, Penner out".
    Where on earth would Probst ever get the idea that there was any possibility of Jeff genuinely alligning with Penner?
    I don't think Penner thought so either.
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Has Abi even done a confessional?
    She would probably just sit there glaring at the camera person, shooting daggers with her eyes and sporting that petulant b**** face she does so well. No good sound bytes there!

ETA: or as Mindy said upthread...

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Thank you, I was trying to figure out what he meant by that too. I thought maybe voting out the people with idols. And while I don't necessarily understand Penner's vote, I don't think he should have helped Jeff in any way, shape, or form. He's proved twice in a row that he is gunning for Penner. That would be rather stupid of Penner to try to align with Jeff.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was confused about that tribal council This season has been really good so far though, hope it continues. I was afraid we would get one side just systematically voting out the other.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Whoa, that was an epic tribal council Lisa can be a devious player, I really wasn't expecting the lady who accidently found Malcolm's idol to use that aganist him. I understand her strategy of going to the end with people who have no shot at winning, but I'm really hoping she finally flips next week and goes with Penner.

So betraying Penner really worked out for you, didn't if Jeff

Malcolm pulled off an interesting move, his bluff worked this time, I wonder how he'll use his idol going forward. Abi on the other hand is an idiot, she had no reason to show off her idol. And Pete's a mastermind...in his own mind

I was so happy for Penner when he won immunity I'm still hoping he somehow pulls this off and wins the whole thing...the look on Jeff's face alone would be worth it
    Shoepie, M_shelll, scoot13 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I realize Probst knows a lot more than we see, but I don't know where he ever got an idea that Penner/Jeff was even a possibility.
    All Jeff has been saying since the game started was "I want Penner out" "Penner's got to go before me" "Let's get Penner out" "I don't want a vet to win - vote Penner out" "Penner out, Penner out, Penner out".
    Where on earth would Probst ever get the idea that there was any possibility of Jeff genuinely alligning with Penner?
    I don't think Penner thought so either.
    I know. It kind of confused me as well. I read his answer to that question several times and he really didn't elaborate clearly as to why he though he Penner should allign with Jeff who was so determined to get him out. He might have thought that Penner should have played up the fact that he was a returning player and the jury would not vote for him. (I know they voted for Boston Rob but that was a very different group and BR was in such control throughout. The same would not apply to Penner.)
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Why would anyone write Lisa, that doesn't make sense, when the Tandang plan is to get rid of Jeff? While the non-Tandang plan is to get rid of Pete. The big question was why Penner voted for Abi which was his indirect way of getting back on Kent for betraying their alliance and being the mastermind of trying to get rid of returning players.

I agree, thats why I said I think people still trust her, otherwise her name would have been scribbled down.As for Abi, who cares
    They don't trust her but because the plan was to get rid of Jeff on one camp and Pete on the other, there was no point to stray from the vote, otherwise if you change your vote, you'll screw up your alliance and get their ire. Penner strayed from the vote that evidently oustered Jeff Kent. He could have voted for anybody not named Jeff, it has no relevance whatsoever whose name he writes down (just so happened that he wrote Abi) because his intention was to indirectly get rid of Jeff.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, he does come across as a real jerk, I dont know him except for this show

I hope all is well with you PWS
    I'm fine, thanks--just powerless for 9 days and internet/TVless for 10, but once the power was back everything worked--nothing compared to those whose houses washed away or burned or had trees fall on their houses. I feel guilty even griping about missing my favorite TV shows!

at the idea of Jeff returning and not being able to attack the returnees, but I agree I'd rather not see him again. He was a good competitor, but that's about all he brought.
    PS Just went back to his original page comments...he brags about his "Southern charm"! Can't say we saw an iota of that, if it exists at all! He was all about manipulating people.
    Last edited by PWS; 11-11-2012 at 07:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread