+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That's exactly what I thought, as well. She doesn't look like she's arguing to compete, and then blames others for not competing. She's one of those people who never takes any blame, it's always someone or something else that is at fault. Her whining about the rice after the fact was really irritating. She doesn't speak up so she can moan and complain and b*tch about it afterwards. It would be exhausting being around her 24/7.

I wonder why nobody is searching for mussels or clams...didn't they do that previously, or am I remembering another season? They have coconuts, and possibly there might be other sources of fruit or food in the area. I remember way back when I tribe earned a visit from a local who showed them what could be eaten and how to prepare it. That would be a huge advantage. I agree, Penner is no Ozzy when it comes to fishing, but we didn't see anyone else offering to take a turn. They need to conserve energy, but if everyone tried to find some food periodically throughout the day they surely could come up with something.

The mud challenge looked completely exhausting. When they were all standing discussing the deal, and Pete and Carter broke apart from their deadlock, I was yelling for one of them to just make a run for it at the ball and try to take the others by surprise. I can't imagine being held down in the cold mud for an hour. Yuck.

So happy to see Penner, Malcolm, Denise, Skupin and RC still in it. I like RC/Skupin, and I hope they don't get taken out by the wackos on their tribe. RCs plan of letting Abi dig her own grave with her outbursts is a good one. Hopefully it will work and she'll be blindsided. That would be lovely. I can hear the language now as she takes the walk of shame out of the tc area!

Malcolm needs to stick around as long as possible so I can watch him. He's so lovely. I have a feeling, though, that all cleaned up he won't be as attractive.
    Oh but he is Sweetpea! Check out my new avatar lol
    NCLurker, sweetpea and Moontat like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Interesting to watch how that played out. While they were eating I was wondering how long before they get hungry. I would think it would only satiate me for the remainder of that day.
    You can do it!

Boy what bitter people are Artis and Abi Maria. Does Abi even realize that if her tribe ever lost a immunity challenge she would be one of the first to go because of her horrid negative attitude. When the tribes merge this one will eat itself.

I also think Artis and Abi Maria have no chance of winning because they don't have any kind of social game.

I also think Lisa may go far. She may not be the best athlete but she tries and put her heart in it and I slowly but surely she is becoming a valuable member of her tribe. I am liking that both Lisa and Denise are showing and being recognized that as older females they do contribute to the tribe and can be sly as Penner.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-25-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Shoepie, spockwhat and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't been watching this season (not much reality tv at all, actually) but I did catch last nights episode. I have a question. How is Abi allowed to sit out in so many challenges? I thought they had to rotate and the same person couldn't sit out twice in a row. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I haven't been watching this season (not much reality tv at all, actually) but I did catch last nights episode. I have a question. How is Abi allowed to sit out in so many challenges? I thought they had to rotate and the same person couldn't sit out twice in a row. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.
    Somebody pointed out either in this thread or another that once a tribal council has taken place, it clears the board regarding the "sit-outs." It's only if a person has sat out a reward challenge that they can not sit out the immediately following immunity challenge.

Someone else, please feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect in my understanding. It wouldn't be the first time!
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    once a tribal council has taken place, it clears the board regarding the "sit-outs." It's only if a person has sat out a reward challenge that they can not sit out the immediately following immunity challenge.
    That's my understanding, and there have been very few reward challenges this season, so Abi is hardly breaking a sweat at all.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Somebody pointed out either in this thread or another that once a tribal council has taken place, it clears the board regarding the "sit-outs." It's only if a person has sat out a reward challenge that they can not sit out the immediately following immunity challenge.

Someone else, please feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect in my understanding. It wouldn't be the first time!
    That's the way it was in previous seasons. But this episode had both reward and immunity challenge. Abi sat out both. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom View Post
    That's the way it was in previous seasons. But this episode had both reward and immunity challenge. Abi sat out both. ???
    Technically she didn't sit out the reward challenge - she was scheduled to participate, but the 'deal' was made before the player switch took place. Katie from Kalabaw also didn't get to participate. Of course Abi could have said "I'll go the first round.", but as others have said, she doesn't volunteer to do any of the challenge work.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom View Post
    No. Artis and RC sat out the reward challenge. Abi and Skupin sat out the immunity challenge.
    Masterchef 5 Pool: Registration Closed
    So You Think You Can Dance 11 Pool: Registration deadline: July 9th
    Face Off 7: TBA

What I thought was funny was that NEITHER side was happy with the deal??? Both thought the other pulled one over on them. Given the little amount of rice they gave up (the other tribe said a day's worth) you would think a full blown meal coupled with the letters from home was acceptable. Couldn't believe how quickly they went to whining.

And to the other tribe - all of the people who didn't spend an hour laying in the mud were complaining about the trade - you ate all of your rice - you could have lost the challenge and (1) not gotten the reward and (2) not gotten the other teams rice. Seems like an equitable deal all the way around . . . I guess some people like to complain.

That is why I will again voice my support for Penner for his level-headedness (probably not a word!!).
    march, Moontat and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread