+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I don't understand this...im almost positive that in previous seasons Jeff always said "so and so tribe, your sitting 2 people out, cant sit the same people out in back-to-back challenges" or whatever. I am almost SURE that past tribes had to plan who they would sit out for rewards and immunity challenges because of this rule...when did this change?
    We had a bit of a discussion about this last week-the rule only applies to challenges between Tribal Councils. Since up until now, there has only been one challenge every week (ie, only one challenge between TCs) her team could sit her out every challenge and still be following the rules. With this week starting the two challenges, if the teams hadn't been even before the reward challenge, they would have had to plan who to sit out. But it didn't matter once again because the sick girl wasn't pulled out until right before the immunity. Now next week, with one tribe up two players, they're going to have to be strategic about who they sit out. Abi will be able to sit out the reward challenge if that's what they choose because a TC comes between this week's immunity and next week's reward, but if they're smart and don't want to go to Tribal, she'll probably compete in the reward challenge and sit out the immunity.

That's really the first time Dawson got any air time. Too bad, seems like she was the most interesting one on her tribe.

All Miss Delaware had to do was to run up a couple hills, which she did very poorly. Doesn't bode well for future challenges. Why in the world would they not vote her out?

Too bad for Dana, that sucked.

Glad Denise didn't get Pagonged.

If Skupkin's tribe ever makes it to TC, I wonder if Abi realizes she's completely dead weight and could be short-listed for elimination. I sure hope so!
    wannasee likes this.

Watching people like Penner and Malcolm giving commentary is so refreshing. No over the top pronouncements, no mean-spirited insults, etc. Love the even-keel assesments of what is going on (Penner is almost too nice). Going to miss it when those two are gone (although they both look to be in good shape at the moment). That is all.
    spockwhat, rfromp and Midol like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Wow. For all of his crowing about running the game, is Pete ever a dumbass.

He effectively put the power right into Malcolm's hand by telling him about the idol. Malcolm has all kinds of choices now. He knows who is allied with whom, so if he doesn't think much of Abi/Pete and company, he can so easily switch... blindside their idol out by using his idol. Just the information that Pete and Abi have the idol could create complete chaos in that tribe. Unbelievable that he could come into a tribe so vulnerable and now have complete power.

Loved Penner's daddy side coming out... very sweet. It hurt to lose Dana, I thought she would turn out to be interesting, but being sick like that FEELS like you're going to die, even if you know you'll get better. I don't blame her for leaving.

Looks like Baseball got his wish getting rid of Dawson. I thought Dawson was hilarious and would have liked her to stay over the other girl, but I have to say, that intense stare she was giving Jeff while he was snuffing her torch was really creepy... hug, fine, (I think she even pecked him on the cheek?) but that stare was too much! But what do I know, do guys like that kind of thing? I know as a woman, if a guy did that to me, I'd be like, get lost, creeper stalker.

I believe Abi was in the reward challenge (she won her round, boo) so it was fine for her to sit out the immunity challenge.
    rfromp, wannasee and jucamer like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Every time somebody says, "WE have the immunity idol," it makes me laugh. If it isn't in YOUR pocket, somebody ELSE has it. There's no "we" in INDIVIDUAL immunity.
    pikachu, Brooks, rfromp and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Would LOVE to see Abi lose her idol instigated by Malcolm (since it was not her idol clue...)
    Moontat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Would LOVE to see Abi lose her idol instigated by Malcolm (since it was not her idol clue...)
    That would be interesting, really don't want to see much more of here and definitely not on the jury! It might occur to her that the tribe going along with her sitting out so often basically means they see her as no threat at all...not a good reputation to have IMO. Felt good for Malcolm - performed great on the challenges, got some reward, and Pete just handed him all the intel he can handle. Felt equally bad for Denise but glad she was seen as more valuable than the younger women (which I think she is). I kinda missed how Dawson got targeted, too, unless it was all Jeff K's doing to keep her from telling his identity. She was much better than Katie in the challenges and seemed pretty positive. Heck, even Lisa destroyed those hills, compared to her. At least now we can start learning a little more about the castaways we haven't seen much of, yet.

Was that the first separate reward challenge? I generally much prefer only one challenge per episode because it eats up so much of the social game time. And the challenges have been physical enough they must take a lot out of the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    That would be interesting, really don't want to see much more of here and definitely not on the jury! It might occur to her that the tribe going along with her sitting out so often basically means they see her as no threat at all...not a good reputation to have IMO. Felt good for Malcolm - performed great on the challenges, got some reward, and Pete just handed him all the intel he can handle. Felt equally bad for Denise but glad she was seen as more valuable than the younger women (which I think she is). I kinda missed how Dawson got targeted, too, unless it was all Jeff K's doing to keep her from telling his identity. She was much better than Katie in the challenges and seemed pretty positive. Heck, even Lisa destroyed those hills, compared to her. At least now we can start learning a little more about the castaways we haven't seen much of, yet.
    I agree with you about the tribes -we only saw one really. I had enough of that tribe. I am happy to learn about the other players and their( if any) strategy they have.Pete doesn't seem very smart, and I am not keen on Abi.That could all change.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread