+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The stepping over logs part of the challenge was much harder for a shorter person to do than a taller one. So sitting out the (short) women gave the larger teams a big advantage in that part.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The stepping over logs part of the challenge was much harder for a shorter person to do than a taller one. So sitting out the (short) women gave the larger teams a big advantage in that part.
    What I didn't understand is why they didn't mandate at least one woman participate. According to the Wiki rules they can. So why didn't they?
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    What I didn't understand is why they didn't mandate at least one woman participate. According to the Wiki rules they can. So why didn't they?
    Yup, they could have done that. It would have been more interesting because it has become lopsided. Jeff need to do something.

I didn't see it in the preview, they only hinted on someone being medically evacuated or at least almost, but Jeff should shuffle the tribes. Needs to be more interesting. This will give Denise and Malcolm a chance since it will change alliances and surely the dynamics of the game. If both end up on the same tribe, then that would be better for them. I hope they find the HII.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I hope they find the HII BEFORE they get reshuffled... if Denise saw that clue about "right under your nose" I bet she'd find it. Sadly, she hasn't...would be cool if one of the reshuffled tribes was at her site and one of them mentioned the clue that "fell out" of RC's bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I liked Jeff Probst's analysis of Russell in his EW interview. Russell promised took a lot on himself but was never able to deliver. I did like that Jeff said the reason Russell passed out during his first season of Survivor is that he didn't drink any water back at camp because he wanted the tribe to be well hydrated. Jeff said that while trying to look like a hero Russell was actually more of a martyr.

For me it was his squeaky voice that drove me nuts.
    Yeah, the thing about Russell Swan is that he is passionate about the game, but he just doesn't have the common sense to be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is possible that they could split Denise and Malcome to the other teams, give them immunity next week and then merge.
    I would rather see them compete and win next week.

Someone is taken out of the game next week, or so it appears. That could change the plan, as well.
    Why? that's not really fair to the other tribe members. Sorry they got stuck on a tribe that ended up sucking, but sometimes them's the breaks.
    Stephanie & Bobby John ended up as a tribe of two, & then it was only Stephanie left. And if I recall correctly, she spent the night of TC at her camp alone & went the next day to "merge" (if you can call it that) with the other tribe.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

It would be neat if Denise found the HI. Then, if their team loses again, she would be fine. Unless of course Malcolm finds it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish RC could find Matsing's immunity idol and use it to blindside Abi when she tries to blindside her. I bet Abi's head would start spinning around and she'd be talking in tongues if that happened!!
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

ABI has become a pain in the butt!! I still dont know what RC did wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I really couldn't remember anything about the rule resetting, so found this on Wiki: When one tribe has more players than the other tribe, it must designate players to sit out of tribal challenges so that equal numbers compete. No person may sit out twice in a row or, if this is not possible, no person may compete twice in a row. In some challenges requiring the same number of men and women to compete from each tribe, a tribe may be required to sit out a certain gender as well. This rule applies only to challenges between two successive Tribal Councils (i.e., a typical single episode of the show); a player can sit out a challenge immediately preceding a Tribal Council and the challenge immediately following it.

So, I guess technically, they could sit out but this seems to be more from the days when they had two challenges a show (which since we don't have redemption island, why isn't there enough time for a seperate reward challenge?!). It also says something about the gender and in this case, I think they should have made that a condition of sitting out. Granted, Matsing had a decent lead, Denise lost a bit of it but she rocked through that as well as or better than any of the other women could have.
    Thanks for posting that information because I was wondering the same thing. You brought up something else I had forgotten about. They did have a reward challenge and then the Immunity challenge before RI came into play. I just hope we see a merge soon. I am glad Malcom and Denise are still there, and hope they don't end up losing out because of ending up on a team that was not strong from the start. I also would like to see a merge so we get to know more people from the other tribes. We saw a bit more this week, but not enough for me to make much of a comment about except I know I still don't care for Abi. I am another one who doesn't know why she got so mad at RC and obviously is still mad at her. You almost get the feeling there has to be more to the story that they did not show us or she really is just strange.

+ Reply to Thread