+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think the preview edit wants us to believe it is Jeff that gets medivaced out, but since previews are usually misleading, he probably won't be. I'm guessing one of two things....

1. It is someone other than Jeff with a completely different ailment
    2. It is Jeff and they send medical to look at his knee and since it isn't life-threatening, he gets to decide whether he wants to leave or not.

In the preview they also showed some feet under a blanket while they were doing the voiceover about a medical issue. The feet looked to be writhing around like someone was in pain (maybe a stomach thing??). For some reason I just got the impression that that person was in a lot of pain...and not the kind of pain that a blown out knee would cause. Of course I could be totally off base on that one, but that's just what I gleaned from the preview.
    Hyper and Midol like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Maybe Abi will be bitten by a snake and removed from the game. It would be poetic justice!
    marybethp, march, scoot13 and 2 others like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

To the Point

Abi is a most unpleasant person. She also is too hot headed and quick to draw judgement. If this is what she calls charming in her bio, it's scary to think of what a lack of charm would mean. Nasty woman.

Pete is just pure evil and one cool customer. Not sure about his strategy, however, it certainly stirred things up. I just have trouble wrapping my mind around his reeking havoc on his own supposed alliance. Not sure that is smart, but it is certainly bold.
    Dukie, jucamer and Midol like this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Maybe Abi will be bitten by a snake and removed from the game. It would be poetic justice!
    Snakes have standards, too. I doubt one would waste its venom biting Abi - or maybe it would fear (rightfully so) that she has more venom than it does.
    pikachu, Dukie and jucamer like this.

Jeff Probst on episode 4 of 'Survivor: Philippines'

by Dalton Ross

Each week, host Jeff Probst answers a few questions about the most recent episode of Survivor: Philippines.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s get right into Russell’s tirade after losing the immunity challenge. He went on about how he always expects success. That mirrors the mindset of a lot of athletes who say you need to have that type of thought process to succeed. But when that expected success doesn’t come, it can get ugly. Is that type of attitude an asset or a liability in this game?

JEFF PROBST: An absolute liability. I think Russell has a few things that challenge the appropriateness of his tirade. 1) He is not a “bound for the Hall of Fame” professional athlete who just dropped a pass in the end zone in the last few seconds of the Super Bowl. 2) The expectation that he must succeed in any and all things he does is a bit silly and therefore doesn’t resonate with anyone. 3) His point of view is so egocentric that it appears to put most people off because it’s not about the tribe, it’s about his individual performance. 4) This is SURVIVOR – it’s social politics and he played it poorly from day one.

EW: I loved this challenge. Do you guys operate under the premise of “when it doubt, smash things”? Because it pretty much always delivers. And holy smokes, you were getting worked up there at the very end! What caused you to get so caught up in the moment and how much of a rush is it for you when you end up with a challenge that not only has enormous stakes (the pretty much complete destruction of the Matsing tribe) but a super-close finish as well?

PROBST: Ah that was such a fun challenge! Yes, I was definitely into it — it was muddy, it was super close, things were flying, you had to stay on top of it of you’d fall behind and it ended with a spectacular showdown! Even writing about it gets me fired up again! I love those moments most of all because they are truly “live” and there is no second chance. No losers bracket. No “do-overs.” And the moment after a loss, there is always the triumphant tribe that can relax and celebrate contrasted against the losing tribe that must immediately begin to strategize about who they are going to vote out at tribal council.

EW: We talked before the season started about players that we weren’t sure had it in them to play this game. Of those players, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Pete and the way he craftily played Abi-Maria and RC against each other this week. Which player has exceeded your expectations so far?

PROBST: Pete, definitely. I didn’t think he would “get” the game but he’s doing a really good job. I figured Abi for a player but what I didn’t figure her for was a villain. At this rate she may crack top ten villains of all time! Lisa Whelchel has surprised me in that she really did come to play and her story continues to draw me in as I anticipate her next move. Jeff Kent is more than I hoped he would be — I love him. I love his approach to the game, he never ever complains about anything. Malcolm is delivering as expected — we loved him the minute he showed up. Denise has surprised me — I didn’t see her as that much of a physical threat but she is really tearing it up. Unfortunately she is on the wrong tribe and now has a huge hole to dig out of — but it’s Survivor and she and Malcolm could still make it deep, they just need a ton of luck. Skupin has surprised me a bit in a couple of ways — he is more malleable than I anticipated and more Mr. Magoo than I expected. The rest are giving us what we expected from them — overall this is a great cast!

EW: Uh-oh, a Probst visit to a camp beach. That can’t be good news for one player. What can you tell us about next week’s episode?

PROBST: Yes, it’s almost always drama when I visit a tribe camp. I can tell you that it is dramatic and I did find it emotional and it does change the game. That enough?
    Jeff Probst on episode 4 of 'Survivor: Philippines' | Inside TV | EW.com

Now, that's interesting. I figured her for a hot head and annoying rather than a full on villain, and a top 10 villain? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think the preview edit wants us to believe it is Jeff that gets medivaced out, but since previews are usually misleading, he probably won't be. I'm guessing one of two things....

1. It is someone other than Jeff with a completely different ailment
    2. It is Jeff and they send medical to look at his knee and since it isn't life-threatening, he gets to decide whether he wants to leave or not.

In the preview they also showed some feet under a blanket while they were doing the voiceover about a medical issue. The feet looked to be writhing around like someone was in pain (maybe a stomach thing??). For some reason I just got the impression that that person was in a lot of pain...and not the kind of pain that a blown out knee would cause. Of course I could be totally off base on that one, but that's just what I gleaned from the preview.
    I would say that it could be him, but given that he had knee issues at times when he was an Astros and still played, I just can't see him leave because of a knee injury.

If the person is lying on the ground with a blanket and writhing - it's not a knee injury.

Lisa Whelchel has surprised me in that she really did come to play and her story continues to draw me in as I anticipate her next move. Jeff Kent is more than I hoped he would be — I love him. I love his approach to the game, he never ever complains about anything. Malcolm is delivering as expected — we loved him the minute he showed up. Denise has surprised me — I didn’t see her as that much of a physical threat but she is really tearing it up. Unfortunately she is on the wrong tribe and now has a huge hole to dig out of — but it’s Survivor and she and Malcolm could still make it deep, they just need a ton of luck. Skupin has surprised me a bit in a couple of ways — he is more malleable than I anticipated and more Mr. Magoo than I expected. The rest are giving us what we expected from them — overall this is a great cast!
    Thanks for posting this sweetpea. It is a good cast, and when they merge all their personalities will come out( and egos)I wonder if Denise or Malcolm should they lose again next week, get to choose a team they would like to belong to. Then we end up with two teams again
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Episode 4 and already Dana is going for the Girl Power alliance. Pathetic and hypocritical! She talks a big game about how the women are equal to the men, and yet, along comes the challenge and the women all sit it out in favor of the men.

Just play the game people!
    The girls were allied with two of the guys, and then they had to sit there and watch the men shake hands out in the water. The men decided to break their alliance with the girls, but I don't hear anyone moaning about "Boy Power" and how the guys are leaving out the girls. Which is what happened. The girls don't have a choice but to counter aly in this case.

As for the challenge, we don't know if the girls decided to sit out or if the men decided they were the ones playing.

Conversely:

Abi. Ugh, what to say. My least favourite kind of girl is the kind that sees other women as competition (for no reason other than they are women) and latches on to a guy with complete trust. If Abi would just let RC TALK to her, perhaps the two of them could figure out what Pete is doing here... Abi is the only one who is aware that Pete knew where they clue was. If RC KNEW that Pete knew, she would figure it out in a second.
    Abi's blind trust in Pete is her most nauseating trait, I despise her thoroughly.
    waywyrd, march, sweetpea and 8 others like this.

I just have to get this off my chest - CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THE CLOSE UPS OF THE BUGS AND CRITTERS? It is seriously starting to gross me out (and make me have absolutely no desire to visit the Philippines, because man, some of those bugs are scary looking)!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Even if Pete hadn't been there, I think Abi would have turned on RC. Unless Pete was who caused Abi to turn on RC in the first place and it was done off-camera so we didn't know about it. I just thought Abi acted awfully strange to RC after she sought her out for an alliance and shared the clue to the hidden immunity idol with her. Instead of acting grateful, Abi acted suspicous and distrustful. I have the feeling Abi doesn't have too many lady friends because she views all other women as competition. Or maybe she's just psycho and will turn on Pete the first time he does something nice for her.

You brought me on reward with you, Pete. Now you will pay!!!
    Endit, Dukie, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

+ Reply to Thread