+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I may be wrong, but I thought Russell's comment about "lack of character" was directed at Roxy's inability to handle the constant rain that came before the sunshine she was enjoying on the beach. She was miserable and let everyone know it. Everyone was in the same boat, but she obviously didn't handle it as well as others. I don't believe he was saying her reliance on God and prayer showed a lack of character.

I thought Denise was very respectful in her comments as well. She just said that while Roxy relied on prayer and belief to gain strength, she found her strength within herself. I didn't see anyone being disrespectful or hypocritical.

Now, as for me, I admit I was a little confused about the speaking in tongues on the beach. I know that wasn't Latin, so I can only guess that's what she was doing. Is it something that goes along with prayer for certain faiths? I was confused and certainly if I were Denise and Russell I would have been confused if she were doing that sitting just a few feet away from me. But, to each his own, and if that gives her strength then that's great.

I personally think Roxy got the boot because obviously she is a miserable human being in general. She didn't appear to have a funny bone in her body, and her reaction to Bobby Trap's comment that it was cold enough she would have snuggled with Roxy to get warm if she could have (a shudder and a 'no THANK you' body language) said she may have other issues to deal with. I think she is hugely judgmental and appears to be very rigid in her world view. She would have had issues no matter what on this show, I think, because she was unable to hide her disgust or her judgments. A big part of strategy in this game is to get along, and I don't think she would have been capable of it.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quick response regarding "speaking in tongues." Yes, some folks believe that they have a unique "prayer language" given to them by God, and the gift of tongues is their primary way to confirm that they have been filled with the Holy Spirit. Other equally devout Christians do not believe that one must speak in tongues to be a true Christian.

Which demonstrates why there are SO MANY denominations within the Christian faith.

I thought it might have been an African dialect.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Angie DID go twice, which is more than anyone other than Russell did. There's a big difference between running & pulling a sled in the sand. The sled adds resistance and pulling it requires strength in addition to stamina. Malcolm should have definitely gone twice with Russell.
    Both she & Roxy were equally useless from what I could see. That excuse about not drinking water was nearly as funny as "cookies", considering it rained for days. And even if Roxy was annoying you always break up a couple as soon as possible. This tribe is a loser. Those two girls should have been first to go. Too late for damage control...they better start praying for an early merge.
    wannasee likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I imagine Angie speaking in tongues would go something like this:

Ohmmmm...peanut butter, sugar cookies, chocolate wafers, oatmeal raisin, Chips Ahoy, Oreo, vanilla sandwich, Pepperidge Farms Mint Milano, Keebler Sandies, fudge-striped, raspberry thumbprint, white chocolate macadamia, Nutter Butter...ohmmmm!

Brooks likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I thought it might have been an African dialect.
    Me too.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Not an African dialect. Praying in tongues. Take it to the bank.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I thought Denise was very respectful in her comments as well. She just said that while Roxy relied on prayer and belief to gain strength, she found her strength within herself. I didn't see anyone being disrespectful or hypocritical.
    My sense was Denise's attitude was, "I'm an atheist, I would never be so stupid as to rely on any(one, thing, etc) than myself."
    Funny how a person can say something, and it can be seen so many ways! I do think Denise is bright and practical, and I like that. Whether she is judgemental based on her atheism may need some more proof... one thing for sure, we know Roxy was judgemental. Though I think a better word for Roxy would be combative. It's like Survivor goes looking for them... even more after the fuss about Colton last season and the Hantz boy's religiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Not an African dialect. Praying in tongues. Take it to the bank.
    Agreed. It was praying in tongues.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Regular

Agree with AJane that one of the two girls should have been voted out last week. Even if their tribe were to lose this week again, at least Zany would have provided better comic relief than the dour-faced Roxy or the bird brain Angie.

Malcolm (and his tribe) is getting too much air time imo. I would like see to see more of Dawson/Carter/Pete, etc.

Also, I seriously hope that the show is just jamming up the "Mike's walking disaster' scenes. Much as I like him, he should just stay home if he's really that injury prone.

+ Reply to Thread