+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Survivor: Philippines Pool

Re: Survivor: Philippines Pool

This pool brought me back to Survivor after not watching for more than a few seasons.. It was great fun and many thanks to Pikachu for her hard work, lovely graphics, and prompt updating of everything.

This was my first and probably my only win in a pool. I'm delighted and I just want to say it's been so much fun to compete with everyone here.
    JLuvs, Hyper and Midol like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks Pikachu, it was a blast, even at 8th I enjoyed it & hey, I got a new avatar in the bargain!

Thanks for all your hard work pikachu. I know how hard it can be since I run our Survivor pool at work and it's not nearly as complicated as this one.

The one suggestion I would make is that I was not aware that we would get to exchange players during the game...I may have missed it in my excitement of finding the pool...but either make that clearer at the start or do away with the switch ups totally.

Looking forward to the next season of the Survivor pool and now that I know you do AR as well, I will make sure to get in there on time!
    Last edited by Midol; 12-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

6th place, pretty respectable. And my girl Denise won!

This was a lot of fun. Thank you so much for doing it, pikachu.

Congrats to Droppa Mapantz for their win, and for funniest name.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work pikachu. I know how hard it can be since I run our Survivor pool at work and it's not nearly as complicated as this one.

The one suggestion I would make is that I was not aware that we would get to exchange players during the game...I may have missed it in my excitement of finding the pool...but either make that clearer at the start or do away with the switch ups totally.

Looking forward to the next season of the Survivor pool and now that I know you do AR as well, I will make sure to get in there on time!
    I'm sorry you didn't know about it. I don't have team switch ups as an ongoing thing. I usually pick one week to allow it and announce it when it's starting when I post pool results for the week. I used to send a private message to everyone in the pool when it was time to do switches but since I was running so many pools with so many participants, I didn't do it this time.

Maybe I will do away with allowing team changes next season. I just usually like to do it to give teams that are struggling a second chance so that they stay interested in the pool. Otherwise, they may feel so far behind, they might as well not even follow the pool anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm sorry you didn't know about it. I don't have team switch ups as an ongoing thing. I usually pick one week to allow it and announce it when it's starting when I post pool results for the week. I used to send a private message to everyone in the pool when it was time to do switches but since I was running so many pools with so many participants, I didn't do it this time.

Maybe I will do away with allowing team changes next season. I just usually like to do it to give teams that are struggling a second chance so that they stay interested in the pool. Otherwise, they may feel so far behind, they might as well not even follow the pool anymore.
    I really like the idea of a chance to switch out a team, but I liked it better the way you did it in the Survivor Pool where there was only one opportunity at a set time rather than the way it was in the Amazing race pool where it was open.

Thanks again for doing this pikachu. I will certainly be in for both pools when you start them next season, whether you allow a switchout or not!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Hooray! Second to last place!

I have techniques for next season. I'll randomize my picks and work with what luck gave me.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've considered doing random picks for several pools now but never could get myself to try it. In some pools, I ended up wondering if I would have done better with random picks than with my carefully thought-out team that turned out to be a loser. Currently going through that with my Project Runway team.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I've considered doing random picks for several pools now but never could get myself to try it. In some pools, I ended up wondering if I would have done better with random picks than with my carefully thought-out team that turned out to be a loser. Currently going through that with my Project Runway team.
    I know it's impossible to do in this medium, but I ran a Survivor Pool at work & I put all the names in a hat. Everyone drew 1 name & when your person got booted off, you paid $10. The person left standing at the end won $150. It was pretty fun, you ended up rooting for someone you didn't even like sometimes.

I was thinking of doing a random pool sometime. The way I would work it is assign each castaway a number and have people pick their pool teams by number (For example: I want #2, 4, 5, 11, and 13, with 11 as my team captain). After everyone had picked their teams, I would let them know who the numbers represented so they'd know which castaways were on their team. If I wanted to play in the random pool, I'd have to have a forum member assign the numbers of the castaways for me so I could make my picks.

I wasn't sure if people would go for that idea, since it might seem too complicated, but it would be interesting!
    Hyper likes this.

+ Reply to Thread