+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Lisa - Philippines

Re: Lisa - Philippines

Lisa can be frustrating. But sure she is not that way in REAL life hopefully! She seems like a nice woman
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Totally agree that a lot of people look better on the show. By the reunion they've usually gained weight, so lost the bone structure, and are slathered in make up with very artificial hair. Lisa should stay with this look!

As long as Lisa doesn't have a gay child I guess it doesn't matter what her opinions are. Just like it would be her right to be racist. Doesn't make me like her, so I hope she doesn't win and donate money to her "causes".
    From the article below, it sounds like the only causes she would donate money to are her (incredibly attractive) brother's church, which sounds like it's mostly into nurturing the poor, and to an upcoming wedding for her daughter. She's hoping for something left over to help her jump-start a new career for herself. After taxes, $1 million isn't as much as it sounds like, and it could get eaten up really quickly. However, regardless of how far Lisa goes in this game, I think she'll be able to make more money than most people after this. For a little while, anyway.

Lisa Whelchel
    “My brother just started a church in a really poor neighborhood of California, and they have been doing just the most wonderful things, like giving away fully decorated Christmas trees at Christmas, bicycles and backpacks filled with school supplies,” Whelchel said of the Freedom Church in Chatsworth, Calif. “I love what he’s doing and it would be a joy to give away 10 percent to him. Then, after that, I have a daughter that’s getting married in October and another one that’s marrying age, and three in college – so I hope that there’s something leftover for me to start a new career!”
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    From the article below, it sounds like the only causes she would donate money to are her (incredibly attractive) brother's church, which sounds like it's mostly into nurturing the poor, and to an upcoming wedding for her daughter. She's hoping for something left over to help her jump-start a new career for herself. After taxes, $1 million isn't as much as it sounds like, and it could get eaten up really quickly. However, regardless of how far Lisa goes in this game, I think she'll be able to make more money than most people after this. For a little while, anyway.

Lisa Whelchel
    “My brother just started a church in a really poor neighborhood of California, and they have been doing just the most wonderful things, like giving away fully decorated Christmas trees at Christmas, bicycles and backpacks filled with school supplies,” Whelchel said of the Freedom Church in Chatsworth, Calif. “I love what he’s doing and it would be a joy to give away 10 percent to him. Then, after that, I have a daughter that’s getting married in October and another one that’s marrying age, and three in college – so I hope that there’s something leftover for me to start a new career!”
    I don't care what they do with it. Donate it, spend it on Twinkies, doesn't bother me. They won it, they can do what they like
    NCLurker, sweetpea, Hyper and 6 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't care what they do with it. Donate it, spend it on Twinkies, doesn't bother me. They won it, they can do what they like
    Exactly! I really dislike when the other contestants ask that question during the final TC. What they do with the money is their business. It's admirable to donate some to charity, but it's also admirable to pay your bills off and set up college funds for your children, too. Especially when they haven't even actually won the money yet, don't know the exact percentage they'll receive after taxes and haven't had a chance to speak with their spouse or financial advisor. It's silly.
    kev89, Dragonlady, Alexxxx and 2 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Lisa has definitely been an interesting player to watch . . . and she has made the season interesting for me. But I will be shocked if she can win against anyone left, except maybe Abi. She has been seen as front and center and she has betrayed a lot of the jury members. Now true, everyone else has, to some extent or another, too. But Lisa is the one I see who kind of lost site of both aspects of the game - it is one thing to get to the end, but it is just as important to somehow not burn bridges along the way so these people you have voted out then turn around and vote for you. The second part is the part I feel Lisa lost along the way.
    Longhornfan likes this.

I wonder how she will react if we have some negative comments her way at the jury if she makes it that far. You really need a thick skin sometimes, and that is one thing I do not see her having.

I think that Lisa has a thicker skin than many think. You don't work as a child star for several years on a hit show and then grow up to avoid the sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll life that many of the fall into if you're overly fragile. Lisa was under major pressure for years from the network and the show runners to lose weight as was Kim Fields. Both were threatened with replacement more than once. They wanted only Mindy Cohen to be heavy and Nancy McKeon was naturally thin.
    Shoepie, AZChristian, ilja and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I wonder how she will react if we have some negative comments her way at the jury if she makes it that far. You really need a thick skin sometimes, and that is one thing I do not see her having.
    I think did just fine. On Jeffs show, as she watched the episodes, she noted that what you saw was who she is and is happy about that. She is a very confident woman and able to show her vulnerable side. No matter how thick your skin or strong your self esteem, we all have an underbelly. Many fear showing that. She did not.

That's good to hear. I like Lisa, although I don't agree with some of her beliefs in real life. I think she's been a fascinating person to watch play the game, and while I have grown weary of the "this game is so hard, it's not who I am" it's nice to see that change with her brother's visit and now she's wholly in the game. I think if she wins she completely deserves it.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That's good to hear. I like Lisa, although I don't agree with some of her beliefs in real life. I think she's been a fascinating person to watch play the game, and while I have grown weary of the "this game is so hard, it's not who I am" it's nice to see that change with her brother's visit and now she's wholly in the game. I think if she wins she completely deserves it.
    I totally agree with everything you said. I have been able to keep her personal predjudices out of my enjoyment of watching her. The 'god's will' thing turned me off but I moved passed it.

+ Reply to Thread