+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Lisa - Philippines

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Lisa - Philippines

It would have been a bit funny if her bio said "Pet Peeves: People who judge other people, and homosexuals."

Found this interesting quote from Lisa Welchels former co-star:
    Geri Jewell, who played Blair Warners(Lisa Welchel) cousin on `The Facts Of Life`had this to say when rumors circulated in 2011 that Welchel snubbed Jewell when she came out to Welchel:
    "(T)hat’s a bold face lie,she would never snub me."Geri says she came out to the devout Christian years ago and it did not affect their relationship. "She's been a wonderful friend; loving me unconditionally and we both value honesty. And I love her deeply. She’s always been a good friend," she says."Her faith does not embrace that [homosexuality]. That is fine. Actually, I respect her because she walks her talk. She’s entitled to believe what she wants to believe," Geri says.
    Though the two have not spoken in several years, Jewell attributes this to their lives taking different paths.
    Tess, CupidGuest, Sk8Leigh and 2 others like this.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

She hasn't changed at all. I hope she does well! as I do all of them.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched her growing up, but I'm definitely not impressed with her now. She's got some, um, interesting ideas about disciplining her children. I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8.
    Well crud. I didn't know this about her, and I was rooting for her too. Oh well. I'm sure I can find another castaway that I can root for instead.

FORT Fanatic

I love Lisa and was saddened to hear of her divorce. It doesn't sound like it was her idea. She admitted to feeling "sad" and "betrayed". I hope that going on Survivor was a cathartic event for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I love Lisa and was saddened to hear of her divorce. It doesn't sound like it was her idea. She admitted to feeling "sad" and "betrayed". I hope that going on Survivor was a cathartic event for her.
    Me too. Other players have said, that Survivor has helped them.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't go out of my way to read the worst things about people but I'd be interested to see more specifics on Lisa's beliefs. I guess what I have seen so far in blogs and such, what people are mostly down on her about is that she is one who believes homosexuals can be "cured" through prayer and faith. I don't agree with that but I also don't see someone devout believing that as a major crime against humanity. Living in the SF Bay Area, where you'd think more people would be tolerant and accepting, I have seen some of the most horrific crimes - all the way up to murder - being perpetrated against those of alternative sexual preferences. I just don't put praying for someone to change on the same level. If she has done worse, physically harmed someone in trying to make them change, that is a whole different story and should be criminal.

I know I did not aritculate this the best, but I hear and see these type of issues everyday. Unless Lisa starts ranting about it in the jungle, it just isn't an issue I need pumped up to provide dramatic fodder for Survivor.
    march, Florimel, Hyper and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I don't go out of my way to read the worst things about people but I'd be interested to see more specifics on Lisa's beliefs. I guess what I have seen so far in blogs and such, what people are mostly down on her about is that she is one who believes homosexuals can be "cured" through prayer and faith. I don't agree with that but I also don't see someone devout believing that as a major crime against humanity. Living in the SF Bay Area, where you'd think more people would be tolerant and accepting, I have seen some of the most horrific crimes - all the way up to murder - being perpetrated against those of alternative sexual preferences. I just don't put praying for someone to change on the same level. If she has done worse, physically harmed someone in trying to make them change, that is a whole different story and should be criminal.

I know I did not aritculate this the best, but I hear and see these type of issues everyday. Unless Lisa starts ranting about it in the jungle, it just isn't an issue I need pumped up to provide dramatic fodder for Survivor.
    Very well said! & I agree with you wannaseeI think you were very articulate - thank you
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post

I agree with you wannasee. Until or if I see differently on the show I will not make any judgement. If Lisa came out acting like Colton from last season who was totally disgusting with his behavior that would be a different story.

I also agree with Fanny - you were very articulate and spoke from your heart.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread