+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Lisa - Philippines

Re: Lisa - Philippines

I watched her growing up, but I'm definitely not impressed with her now. She's got some, um, interesting ideas about disciplining her children. I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Bleah, I never liked Blair anyway. Bring Jo on!
    sweetpea, Critical, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane - you KNOW Jo would kick butt on this show!
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why is she on this show? On Design Star All Stars the Facts of Life set was redone. Obviously the show is going to make a comback!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched her growing up, but I'm definitely not impressed with her now. She's got some, um, interesting ideas about disciplining her children. I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8.
    Really? Well, that's disappointing, at least in my eyes.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Dukie like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Same here. That's quick way for someone to lose my respect, anyway. Homophobic celebs early boots please. I wonder how they'll get along with Dana.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Being a straight woman who was told by someone who was gay that I had "gender confusion issues" because some bullies called me a lesbian when I was younger - and it was JUST being bullies - I'd say that the "fix" issue goes both ways. I will leave it at that. (

Personally, I do not care about anyone's personal opinions on this or any other reality TV shows. What I care about is that they play well and I think Lisa can do that.

All that said - this becoming more and more of a social competition instead of physical - if she spews any opinions on the issue she'll probably be voted out anyway so I don't see why anyone worries.

I can't imagine Blair lasting either LOL. I imagine she'll be recognized right off the bat, there are quite a few older folks on the show this season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My fear is she will be an early boot because "she doesn't the money". I remember that happening in Africa, I think. The dentist was voted off because he was a dentist and didn't need the money. Stupid reason, if you ask me.
    Florimel and JohnnyK like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Regular

"I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8."

Oh Lord...you just helped me cross two people off of my list. I'm disappointed too...I loved her when I was a kid. I always find it ironic that it's always the Jesus-freaks that have the most hate and intolerance for other people.

She might want to take THIS out of her bio..."Pet Peeves: People who judge other people."

Pot, kettle, black.
    Last edited by brycola; 09-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread