+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Carter - Philippines

Re: Carter - Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Carter is getting my vote for most boring Survivor player ever.
    He is one of them- I have always hated floaters.But he came through with the beans and rice, he tries at challengers. I will take him over Abi, boring or not
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

LOL Bear - he is totally boring on the show. He's flying so low under the radar, he is a submarine at this point.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

He's not a real floater...he wins challenges...but no one thinks he's a threat because Penner was always the "out front" guy in their duo. Again, hard to tell if that's intentional on Carter's part, but it's working for him in that people don't even seem to realize he wins challenges.
    redsox girl likes this.

He's pretty forgettable, but not as much as that guy from a couple of seasons ago (I don't remember his name!) who made it to the F5 or something similar, without really talking at all. My girls and I were like "who is THAT??!!"

I don't mind Carter. He seems sort of simple and harmless, not all that interesting, but definitely not a bad person. I would agree, him over Abi any day!

The only way Carter can win this season is if he and Abi Maria are in the final two and if it is a final two. Neither have the combination of brains and social skills to get to that point.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He's pretty forgettable, but not as much as that guy from a couple of seasons ago (I don't remember his name!) who made it to the F5 or something similar, without really talking at all. My girls and I were like "who is THAT??!!"

I don't mind Carter. He seems sort of simple and harmless, not all that interesting, but definitely not a bad person. I would agree, him over Abi any day!
    hahaha! I know who you're talking about but I don't remember his name either! He was an old cowboy, wasn't he?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

No, that was Rick. I remember that name, although I agree he was pretty forgettable. This was a young guy like Carter who kind of was just "there" until the final 5 or so, but we never really heard him speak. Hmmm....

The thing is, Carter hasn't really ruffled any feathers at all, on either tribe. If he did get to the final with, say, Denise and Abi, a bitter jury might just give him the win based on that. It all depends on how the jury sees things: as a game in which they were outplayed, or as a social experiment in which they were betrayed.

Yeah, I think Carter would have a shot should he make it to the end, we haven't seen him really bond with anyone aside from Jeff Kent and Penner, but he didn't really make enemies either. Even after he and Jeff betrayed Penner, he ended up being Penner's biggest ally in the end. While I would say he's got a better shot at winning than Abi, the editing pretty much elminated him from winning. The boring, invisible people never win...unless the editors decided to mess with us, which I wouldn't mind lol

PWS
    FORT Fogey

re the above... Vecepia?

To be honest, I really don't remember much from that season, so maybe that means Vecepia was invisible That's a possible exception then. Maybe you could make a case for Natalie, the winner of Samoa, who got less screentime than other winners. But even then it wasn't like with Carter or other invisible players where I was asking "who is that?" whenever I saw them, even after the merge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast