+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

She was the curly blonde teenager (Blair Warner) on the TV show, Facts of Life. She was born in 1963 so she would be one of the older tribe members if she is indeed on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Lisa Welchel? That might be interesting.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Not exactly who I'd expect but I wonder if the casting producers went into recruit mode big time. Isn't Lisa a born again Christian type? IIRC, she's the one that didn't want to do anything "dirty" on TFOL, and some story lines that went against her beliefs were re-written for the other characters. I may have her mixed up with one of the other girls from that show (it was on the air when I was really little, so I've only ever caught re-runs here and there). I wonder if she'll try and hide her past if people recognize her or just come out and embrace it. So we have 3 repeat contestants, a beauty queen (maybe 2?), a former MLB player, and an 80s actress. Interesting group so far.

Yes, she is the born again Christian. I hadn't heard of her having scripts rewritten if she didn't like what her character did. I hope she embraces who she is if she is recognized.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well in all honesty I wouldn't call two beauty queens "interesting". We get them all the time, here and on TAR and it's so old.

Not a fan of the cast so far.

No returning players, actors or sports people please. I just want regular people please. This is turning into Celebrity Survivor (almost)

Most of the people they get on the show don't even watch the show, which is probably why they are all so stupid all the time. They just recruit models and wannabe actors nowadays. In Fiji (season 14), only one person was an applicant (Papa Smurf). Everyone else, recruits. They don't care about applicants anymore.
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Most of the people they get on the show don't even watch the show, which is probably why they are all so stupid all the time. They just recruit models and wannabe actors nowadays. In Fiji (season 14), only one person was an applicant (Papa Smurf). Everyone else, recruits. They don't care about applicants anymore.
    Wasn't that the case with the so called "super fans" of season 16, Fans vs Favorites (which had it's credibility down the toilet anyway when it cast Fairplay, Eliza, and Ami favorites).

RE: the beauty queens. Hey, some can make it interesting. My memory is vague who, but I did root for Danni Boatwright (more because I couldn't stand Stephenie by that point, but I did like her and the underdog status), Amanda Kimmel, and Misty Giles, an early boot from Exile Island. But aside from that...point well made, I guess Oh yeah, Ashley Underwood from the first Redemption Island season.

I do agree I'm not surprised at the stupidity of the players season after season, and seeing them get so offended when they get voted off (apparently they forget it's part of the game when it's their turn to get booted), and then whine about the conditions not being like the Four Seasons. When I look back at the very first season, with contestants like Rudy, Rich, Gervase, Sean, Kelly, Sue, Colleen, it makes me wonder if, nowadays, if any of them would make it on the show.

If they were ever going to do another AS edition, which I won't rule out, I wouldn't mind seeing them have tribes consisting of people who went pre-jury. The early ousters who really didn't get the chance to play the game. Some I really liked more than the people who made it far, and that's one option they haven't persued yet.

There are now a bunch of spoilers for Survivor 26, too. Discuss in separate thread or is it waaay too early?

Id make a new thread.

Good Lord, they film so far in advance.

+ Reply to Thread