+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    They film it at the Ed Sullivan Theater which is the home of the David Letterman show.
    Didn't know that, thanks!
    Marlena_M likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    She is, and has been for a while, on The Big Bang Theory (Amy Farrah Fowler) also a network show. I had to giggle when I saw her.. my daughter pointed her out in the opening, and I was like.. nahh its not her. I was giddy to see it was.... then again, I am a huge BBT Fangirl! I was looking forward to hearing her thoughts given that she has PhD in neuroscience, only wished they gave her a bit more time, but given the onle hour time slot I knew it wasn't going to happen.
    Another TBBT fan here---I can't believe how everyone is calling her "Blossom" and a "hasbeen"...TBBT is currently one of the highest rated shows on TV---do Survivor fans never watch scripted TV? I agree I don't get why on earth they thought her opinion was relevant...maybe they were desperate to find someone other than his mom to say something nice (relatively) about him, and no one could call her a right winger (she's been interviewed a lot in all the discussion about extended breastfeeding recently--she's pro for those who can)? I love that she plays a PhD in neuroscience on TBBT and actually is one. Anyway, there's no way her show needs any help from fellow CBS show Survivor--if i had to guess I'd say it's the reverse!
    Last edited by PWS; 05-20-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    captain and Shoepie like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, been sick, so just weighing in now... I'm glad Kim won, she deserved it, but I want to say a bit in support of Christina. I think, unlike some of the selfserving blather we heard at the reunion, that she was telling the truth about her strategy change. The Christina we saw the first week or so who was out there trying to negotiate trades with the guys for fire was an assertive take charge kind of person--probably too much so as it gave a racist like Alicia a non-racist edge to use against her when people were looking for any reason to pick on someone else to be kicked out. She backed down from her normal person and became this very passive player, willing to take orders, absorbing both personal and racist abuse without blinking, clearly no threat at F3, easy to pick off at any point. THEN, when it was clearly down to her, she made a real serious play for immunity. I was really rooting for her to win that one. I knew Kim would be safe since she had the idol, and I wanted to hear Christina at the F3 make her pitch. At least I thought that's what might happen. We'll never know. But someone in sales with such a passive personality...hard to believe, and hard to match up with the woman we saw the first episode or so.
    I think Kim really wanted that immunity because she'd decided to take Sab and Chelsea, and if Christina was in F3 she'd have to choose which one to take. And because she wanted to be able to point to an extended immunity run at FTC.
    Anyway, just my final thoughts (along with, no more Colton!). Hope there's still someone around to read them!
    Marlena_M, TripleGemini and rfromp like this.

I don't know if it has been brought up before but Troyzan and Leif voted for Sabrina and everyone else for Kim.

It annoyed me a bit during the final tribal council where Sabrina kept referring to Kim as the messenger, as if Sabrina was the big mastermind behind the moves and that Kim was only her messenger.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, totally surprised by Kat's speech at the last tribal council, I was expected a "you bitches back stabbed me and I am gonna back stab you" type of speech from her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was also surprised by Kat's speech given all the eye rolling going on and commentary during the TCs after she was evicted. Maybe someone wised her up. Maybe Christina? That's the only new influence I could see doing that....Alicia would be all over the hate speech stuff.

One more thing to add on my thoughts on Christina...of course my speculation about her would be a lot more convincing if she'd ever talked to the camera about it during the show....she didn't see to "get" that option. I wonder if she's one of those who hadn't watched the show that much....

+ Reply to Thread