+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

I think this season had potential to be a good season but about half way through they all decided that Kim should win and started to play for second and third. While I didn't like watching the bullying and could not understand how any of them could sit around watching/listening to the way Christina was being treated and not say something at least it was something viewers could react to. Watching karma strike Colton down was awesome ...I was like "Maybe God does watch Survivor after all?" lol but really he deserved everything he got and if you took that part of the show away it would have been SO much more boring!!

I don't think that the show has to have twists to keep it interesting ...if the people are interesting. This cast was a bunch of duds and watching boring people do predictable things doesn't make for great TV. What Jeff said about the true fans of the show making big moves and not being content just coasting into a jury spot is so true and makes me wonder why they don't just try a season of all hard core fans ...or :p even just throw a couple people that have watched the show before in there for a change?? Watching dumb pretty people play follow the leader is getting kinda old. Not everyone liked Cochran but he made the show so much more exciting in that he played with his heart and went full tilt until the second he was voted out, he could see that he was on the outs and did something about it, not just kiss some butt and hope for one more week.

I want to see a season where everyone plays for themselves, makes big moves against big players and aren't afraid to really put themselves out there in the game.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    But, but...emotional + unstrategic = unstable. To me, anyway. And I'd want unstable, untrustworthy people OUT. There appeared to be several strong willed, A type men on the cast, so why would they be afraid of this little twerp? So strange...

And yes, props to Bill for appearing as calm as he did sitting next to that turd Colton. I don't know that I could have been that gracious.
    He's an entertainer trying to get his stand-up career moving in the right direction. I'm sure he saw it as being in his best interest to just sit there and act chill.
    waywyrd likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    He's an entertainer trying to get his stand-up career moving in the right direction. I'm sure he saw it as being in his best interest to just sit there and act chill.
    Didn't Bill say he has entertained them all before the show? I hope he does well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah, Bill mentioned how he performed at some club the night before I think it was and the others (w/family members) attended

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Oh my gosh, you are right. Monica was eliminated before Colton and should have been sitting next to Bill. CBS is such a sneaky little devil. But this is one reason that I love coming on FORT to read all these comments. Some of this stuff goes right over my head...but not some of you!!!

Rfromp, I agree with everything that you said. But I guess that Bill didn't get the memo from CBS that he was supposed to act all chummy with Colton and was to never show any expression on his face that would come across as otherwise. And apparently Colton went off script and didn't say what he was supposed to. So this attempt to redeem Colton was a total FAIL!!! I actually found myself disliking him EVEN MORE than I already did while he was on the show. Imagine that!!!
    Exactly right!, it went Bill then Monica then Colton.

Bill took the high road and didn't beat that little snot back to the stone age, but it was extraordinarily insensitive to Bill to make him sit next to that weasel. Way to go CBS.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    I think this season had potential to be a good season but about half way through they all decided that Kim should win and started to play for second and third. While I didn't like watching the bullying and could not understand how any of them could sit around watching/listening to the way Christina was being treated and not say something at least it was something viewers could react to. Watching karma strike Colton down was awesome ...I was like "Maybe God does watch Survivor after all?" lol but really he deserved everything he got and if you took that part of the show away it would have been SO much more boring!!

I don't think that the show has to have twists to keep it interesting ...if the people are interesting. This cast was a bunch of duds and watching boring people do predictable things doesn't make for great TV. What Jeff said about the true fans of the show making big moves and not being content just coasting into a jury spot is so true and makes me wonder why they don't just try a season of all hard core fans ...or :p even just throw a couple people that have watched the show before in there for a change?? Watching dumb pretty people play follow the leader is getting kinda old. Not everyone liked Cochran but he made the show so much more exciting in that he played with his heart and went full tilt until the second he was voted out, he could see that he was on the outs and did something about it, not just kiss some butt and hope for one more week.

I want to see a season where everyone plays for themselves, makes big moves against big players and aren't afraid to really put themselves out there in the game.
    The problem with this is they do a lot of "physical casting," meaning they want a decent amount of young, fit folks that will look good in bathing suits. Thats why we gets several lean-muscled guys, lots of young gals who look good in bikinis, one old man, one old lady and a couple of minorites and maybe like one biker/nerd/etc.. (just to try and hit the different demos). CBS and Mark Burnett want the average viewer to be flipping channels and stop on a hottie and figure the rest of us will hold out in hopes that more than one person will show up with a brain. Actually, I recall maybe 3 or 4 years ago there was a big push to explore other options for survivor since the whole island/jungle/beach theme was becoming a bit stale...in an interesting turn of events the momentum for a survivor location in a harsh, cold climate got a small movement (or at least where the press starting inquiring--like "why not Survivor:Anatartica" or something along those lines bc it would certainly be a true survival game) and there was actually a printed response where tptb said absolutely not because the women could not wear bikinis!

So, get used to the predominately immature, silly (but attractive!) crowd--because they aren't casting for brains.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    The girl sitting next to Colton was voted out between them. The order went they voted out Bill, the tribes swapped and they voted out a girl, then Colton got sick and left. They weren't sitting in order back there which is why number 5 is an issue.
    Well, duh. I kept thinking something was wrong, but I couldn't figure out what. Thanks!

(Note: It doesn't change the thing about Jeff's question...but I bet he got confused, too, because the line-up was changed!)

Anyone know why Jeff thanked David Letterman at the end of the Reunion Show?

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Anyone know why Jeff thanked David Letterman at the end of the Reunion Show?
    They film it at the Ed Sullivan Theater which is the home of the David Letterman show.
    rfromp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    The problem with this is they do a lot of "physical casting," meaning they want a decent amount of young, fit folks that will look good in bathing suits. Thats why we gets several lean-muscled guys, lots of young gals who look good in bikinis, one old man, one old lady and a couple of minorites and maybe like one biker/nerd/etc.. (just to try and hit the different demos). CBS and Mark Burnett want the average viewer to be flipping channels and stop on a hottie and figure the rest of us will hold out in hopes that more than one person will show up with a brain. Actually, I recall maybe 3 or 4 years ago there was a big push to explore other options for survivor since the whole island/jungle/beach theme was becoming a bit stale...in an interesting turn of events the momentum for a survivor location in a harsh, cold climate got a small movement (or at least where the press starting inquiring--like "why not Survivor:Anatartica" or something along those lines bc it would certainly be a true survival game) and there was actually a printed response where tptb said absolutely not because the women could not wear bikinis!

So, get used to the predominately immature, silly (but attractive!) crowd--because they aren't casting for brains.
    Surely they could find fans of the show that still fit into their little "categories" that they want to fill ("old" guy/woman, "hot" chick/"buff" guy, etc) ! I do tire of seeing people play this game who haven't got a clue on how the game is played & who maybe watched one episode AFTER they were cast or approached by a casting agent.
    How awesome would it be to see real fans play the game against each other instead of watching a bunch of morons "play" against 1 or 2 people who actually know how to really play the game!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread