+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Pretty boring season this year. From the first episode, down to the finale last night - it was kind of a snoozefest. I don't think Kim winning was a shocker at all. None of the remaining three had much in the way of warmth or personality going on. Here's to hoping next season is better!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I think we are all burning out on this show. This season would have been considered good 8 years ago, I bet. The stradegizing has become much better. We used to scream at the TV when they all made the obvious moves. We longed for an upset or someone to step up and change things. We wanted more drama and upheaval. We really did get some good moves and drama this season.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't think it's burnout. The problem was the choice of contestants this season. Too many gutless wonders, drama queens and weirdos, not enough strategic players. This season would still have been crap 8 years ago. In fact, if season one of Survivor has been like this, the show would have been cancelled.

I don't think the One World twist was the problem. The real problem was the casting. I think they were looking for people we'd love to hate, like Russell, but took it to the extreme and got plain unlikeable people.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Me too. Blossom and random audience member guy were laying it on thick though.
    Yeah I was getting really concerned they were setting up a return of Colton so was very relieved when he asked the audience and they made it quite clear that those two were in the minority and Colton is not liked.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't think it's burnout. The problem was the choice of contestants this season. Too many gutless wonders, drama queens and weirdos, not enough strategic players. This season would still have been crap 8 years ago. In fact, if season one of Survivor has been like this, the show would have been cancelled.
    I agree this would have been a bad season any time. I think the problem was more that Kim so utterly dominated everyone it made it boring. Like watching an NBA team play high school players. It took the worst of the returning players (experience makes them overpowered) without the benefits of them having personalities and familiarity.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Too many gutless wonders, drama queens and weirdos, not enough strategic players.
    And Witless Wonders! I'm amazed at how many of the tribe mates were utterly clueless this season.

Kim absolutely deserved the win! No doubt in my mind! However, I doubt she'll go down as one of the great players of the game. In the minefield that is Survivor, this season was littered with duds.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I can't call it a bad season, but it was....weird. Kim was a great player, I'll give her that. The one thing I'll never understand about this season was how all those alpha males let Colton lead them around by the nose for so long.
    Lil Bit and Shoepie like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I am sure there is a lot we didn't see.

I just thought this season was dull.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    The one thing I'll never understand about this season was how all those alpha males let Colton lead them around by the nose for so long.
    It was like a hostage mentality. I could almost hear them thinking... "anyone but me... anyone but me..."
    waywyrd likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I am glad that Kim won the million dollars. However, I would have liked to see someone else win fan favorite, even though I can't say that Kim didn't deserve it. Kim's speech and her response to questions really helped her as well. I don't believe I ever heard her say a negative thing about either Chelsea or Sabrina at the FTC last night, which often happens at the end. It appears that Kim does well under pressure, because I never once saw her rattled. All she really needed to say was that she played the best game strategically, which she did. Congratulations, Kim. You deserved to win.

And I am so glad that the reunion show is a live show, because Colton really showed us that he has NOT changed AT ALL. His so-called apology was completely insincere, and he was or is hoping that he will be asked to return to Survivor somewhere down the line. I hope that the public outcry is loud and clear and that it is being heard by TPTB that we DO NOT want to ever see Colton on our tv screen again....EVER!!!!

It was interesting to see the woman that gave birth to Colton, but it actually left me even more confused. Where does the blame lie for Colton turning out to be such a despicable human being? Colton's story of an idyllic life full of acceptance just got blown out of the water last night, which made me think. We all seemed to wonder why someone who was gay could so easily bully others with no qualms. Colton truly is a bully, and he neither said nor did anything last night that changed my mind about him. CBS please please please make that the last time I ever have to see Colton again!!!
    rfromp and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread