+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Me too, Fanny. I think with a little smile and wave.

I think that was meant for all of them. I think Troy still thinks he's intimidating the girls.

We might get a really bitter betty speech out of him at the FTC.
    I think so!! I am going to love FTC!!
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kat really showed her immaturity tonight. She over reacted to her cousin (weird), took the girls she wanted to get drunk with to the reward (stupid), acted like a baby after losing the immunity challenge (to a positively ancient old lady of 28!), pouted her way through TC because people weren't kissing her @ss (how dare they!?) and then had verbal diarrhea (blindsides are funny and exciting! cool beans!) and then sobbed as she left the tribal council area immediately. Yikes.

Oh, and can we start a petition to have Sabrina's brother immediately cast in the next season? Please?
    No other family, just her cousin? I loved my cousin, but not quite that much. Uncle David has said from day one that she is dumb. She was never going too win, I would have taken out Alicia, or Tarzan( Tarzan when they had the chance) I hope he makes it to the F3 .

Oh, and can we start a petition to have Sabrina's brother immediately cast in the next season? Please
    Hot wasn't he?? starting petition now!
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, and can we start a petition to have Sabrina's brother immediately cast in the next season? Please?
    Yes, please!
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Did Kat understand that Christina's father is living on borrowed time or was that clear only to viewers? If she did know that, I find her "reason" for choosing whom she did especially awful. Even if she doesn't like Christina, have some sympathy for her and explain why she chose her. Heck, it might even get her some feelings if she got to the finals.
    Living on borrowed time? He had a kidney transplant not terminal cancer! Didn't Christina say herself that he might only have 5 or 10 years left? Heck, any one of us might have fewer years than that. If he was so sick he would have been back home in the hospital like Jenna Morasca's mom during the All Star season.

This episode & people's reaction to it disgust me!

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Living on borrowed time? He had a kidney transplant not terminal cancer! Didn't Christina say herself that he might only have 5 or 10 years left? Heck, any one of us might have fewer years than that. If he was so sick he would have been back home in the hospital like Jenna Morasca's mom during the All Star season.

Having a friend who has had a kidney transplant (BTW, he is now 82, got it at 76, and while this would DQ him from the show, he could hold his own otherwise if he competed), I can see why Christina says that. Kidneys have unfortunately a moderate amount of rejection, even if in good health and taking all the medicines properly.

And anyone who has experienced any family member with something like this - seen the suffering (again I saw this with my friend, his skin looked like cocoa powder before the transplant now it looks like Dove chocolate), and knowing that the odds of getting a transplant aren't as high as people would like to be, I can see why she used "borrowed time."

This said, it could also be strategic too in order to get a reward and some family time with her dad. We did see this tactic used before with Fairplay (though in his case it really was a trick.) Personally, I kinda find the family visits a bit annoying now - I liked it in the days of the earlier seasons when the contestant who won the reward was surprised by a family member coming - and no one else know or got to see their family member at the time. Personally, I think the only reason they started all the remaining contestant's family member coming to the challenge was because of costs - if you're going to house 6-7 family members for a few days at the location, you may as well feature them on the show to make the costs worth it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    Oh noticed from previews tarzan must go on reward as he is shaved
    I was wondering if they let him shave for hygienic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tallgrant View Post
    Kat actually said "funny" instead of fun, and Jeff misheard her. I agree- it was funny!
    Having heard her say 'funny' made my laughter at her blindside that much more enjoyable.

She over reacted to her cousin (weird)...
    Are we the only one's that thought her reaction to her cousin was weird? I felt like I was watching Angelina kiss her brother at the Oscars again. ::shudder::

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post

You know what disgusts me? Minimizing Christina's love for her father, and her obvious distress that he won't even live to the age of retirement. It's one thing to know that we may all go at any time, it another thing altogether knowing your expiration date. My family knows this first hand, and we can tell you that the amount of time doesn't make a damn bit of difference.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    march, mindy384 and jucamer like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

If anything disgusts me it's Kat and the absurd constant defense given for her.
    holly71, jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    Blindsides are a lot of fun, huh, Kat?
    Yep! "Cool Beans" huh ?

As someone above said, frequently they set it up so you think (hope?) it might be one person ( like Kat) and it ends up being another anyway (like Sabrina.)

So this time when it was Kat out ... I do think I was blindsided by the vote. And Kat was right ... it was funny and pretty cool beans !
    Last edited by echo226; 05-03-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    And Kat was right ... it was funny and pretty cool beans !
    And exciting! Don't forget exciting!
    march, sweetpea and jucamer like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

well IMO Kim is the head dog in charge so in the end when it comes to the vote she is the one who is gonna get the blame for any and all blindsides and double crosses whether she is guilty or not...I don't care for her too much...as for as Whiney (Kat) goes...Troy been telling you for a while now what was gonna happen...don't come crying now cause you were too stupid to listen and you believed every word that came out of Kim's mouth....I think if it comes down between Chelsa and Kim Chelsa will get the win even though she hasn't done anything but be Kim's lap dog but she is not in charge and therefore is not the getting the blame Kim is getting.

Tonight was the best tribal of the season though...loved watching her eyes bugg out of her head that was too funny
    sweetpea, mushybrain and jucamer like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread