+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I can't even imagine Tarzan operating on me (he says he's a plastic surgeon). Wonder if he will even have any business at all once he's done with Survivor???
    I suspect he's very good at his job( if he's not retired) I cant wait until after the show. I think we will meet the real Tarzan, maybe he's nothing like he is on the show? If nothing else it will be an interesting show. Colton will want lots of face time to explain himself
    cablejockey likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Why does she have to be deemed weak or insecure if she chooses to stick with her initial alliance? I honestly don't understand.
    I'm not sure who would ever consider Kim to be weak or insecure. I can't find any posts where that sentiment is expressed, and I know I've expressed the opposite opinion of Kim...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    She's smarter than most, if not all. She's physically as capable as any of the men. AND, she has a Hidden Immunity Idol.
    ...I give her credit as possibly the best player this season.
    Kim is arguably one of, if not, the best player(s) this season. It's sad to see that she has such low self-esteem that she feels the need to go with a 'girl power' strategy.
    OK! The low self-esteem part is a bit harsh, but it's hard to imagine a woman who believes strongly in herself and her abilities would make these statements...

To Sabrina about the Final Three... Kim: "It HAS to be all girls!"
    To Sabrina about the next Tribal Council... Kim: "We get rid of Mike, and then we've got six girls and four boys... and we just annihilate them."
    To the producer... Kim: "The girls are already in the majority, so, if we can get a united front and come together we can start sending these guys home."
    After the Immunity Challenge to the producer... Kim: "Right now I'm straddling two alliances. I have an all women's alliance, and I have my Salani alliance with Troy, Jay and Mike. But now, I feel like it's time for the girls to take over this game.
    To Chelsea and Sabrina about Tribal... Kim: We cannot send a girl home tonight.

My mother and sisters are strong women, and I assure you they wouldn't decide that women are easier to beat than men. Based on her vehement declarations regarding an all-female alliance, it appears Kim has decided that women are easier to beat than men.

You made a point earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I blame the show more than I do Kim. They set the season up that way, ensuring that the early alliances formed would be based on gender. If the initial tribes were mixed, I doubt we'd see her angling for an all-girl alliance at this point. She's just playing the hand that was dealt her, IMO.
    The point is a good one. It's quite possible that she feels a strong bond with the women based on her first tribe. However, I still go back to the words out of Kim's own mouth during this week's episode. She is clearly about girls before boys, and I just don't get the feeling (with the exception of Chelsea and Sabrina) it has anything to do with early bonds.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 04-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The point is a good one. It's quite possible that she feels a strong bond with the women based on her first tribe. However, I still go back to the words out of Kim's own mouth during this week's episode. She is clearly about girls before boys, and I just don't get the feeling (with the exception of Chelsea and Sabrina) it has anything to do with early bonds.
    I don't think her words really mean anything negative. I don't see the problem at all with what she said. I simply believe that she sees her chances of winning the million as being more effective if she's up against any of the other girls.

Leif and Greg are little to no danger in winning the game in the end, though Leif has proven he is not one to be underestimated when it comes to winning immunity. Though it's best to not let them go to the end if the guys want to vote for them in revenge for the girls voting the rest of the men out. However, both Troy and Jay have proven adept at winning immunity and both are deemed likeable, plus both are doing their own attempts of strategizing. If they manage to make it to the end, it would not be easy to beat them.

Now take the women. Alicia, well, I think we can all agree that her chances of winning are about level with Leif's, if not Greg's, though she can be good in some challenges. Christina is better at puzzles than at physical stuff, but she's not trusted by anybody and people seem to dislike her (for reasons that continue to ellude me). Kat is good at physical challenges that require no brain power, but her lack of gameplay makes her harmless. Sabrina is savvy, but is not in charge, and Chelsea is a follower that already made one mistake that Jay became well aware of when she spoke to Christina and Alicia about gameplay in friont of him.

So, as I see it, Kim knows that she stands a better chance at winning the million if she makes sure it's all women in the end. She's playing super smart and giving herself options, though she'd best be careful, Troy's idol could provide a blindside that would work against her. She also desperately needs to add one of the two outsider women to her alliance, especially Christina, who everybody seems to want out, since she's likely to be more loyal to Kim's alliance than Alicia would and easier to beat in the end, much as it pains me to say it. Kim really should be trying to pull Christina in with the girls fully before the men can sway her to their side.

Heck, I adore Christina, I just wish she were more proactive about playing the game, like Kim is.
    Midol likes this.

All I can say is "who the heck is Greg" He must not get much air time, but then I hardly know which female is which. I cannot get a very invested interest in this season after not watching for the last 3 seasons.
    There's no place like home!

Greg is Tarzan.
    captain likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Now take the women. Alicia, well, I think we can all agree that her chances of winning are about level with Leif's, if not Greg's, . . .
    I think Alicia's chances are as good as Jason, Mike, or Colton . . . or anyone else who is already gone. She has NO chance, IMHO.

And, captain, "Greg" is better known as Tarzan.
    captain and lopevian like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I suspect he's very good at his job( if he's not retired) I cant wait until after the show. I think we will meet the real Tarzan, maybe he's nothing like he is on the show? If nothing else it will be an interesting show. Colton will want lots of face time to explain himself
    Granted, all we know of Tarzan is what has been shown on the show. Seeing what I have seen, no way no how would I pay that condescending a-hole with a major-league God-complex to operate on me. I need to have a really good, comfy, warm-fuzzy feeling about my surgeon... or at least feel he is SUPREMELY qualified and has a clue about dealing with an actual person vs. a body.

I've felt that way all along and it just intensified this week when he was talking to Chelsea about her boob job. Good night! Who does that?????
    Lil Bit likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Granted, all we know of Tarzan is what has been shown on the show. Seeing what I have seen, no way no how would I pay that condescending a-hole with a major-league God-complex to operate on me. I need to have a really good, comfy, warm-fuzzy feeling about my surgeon... or at least feel he is SUPREMELY qualified and has a clue about dealing with an actual person vs. a body.

I've felt that way all along and it just intensified this week when he was talking to Chelsea about her boob job. Good night! Who does that?????
    So, you're not fan then. Maybe he really is just an old poopy pants She must have spoken about her boob job before, it didn't bother me for some reason
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Tom Westman planned to hide behind an alliance of younger men during his season. And every season you see a group of all men with an alliance.
    Tom? The guy with the solid alliance with Katie and weak initial alliance with Stephanie? That's your example of a man's alliance?
    Uncle David likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I can't think of many men's alliances, actually. There was the threesome of Butch, Rob, and Matt in Amazon around the F5 when it came to voting Heidi out. But Jenna won the last two immunities which quickly ended it. Then there was Fairplay and Burton, but that was only two people. Vanuatu had the Fat Five, but Ami's women alliance quickly overpowered them. There was the Four Horsemen in Fiji but they sucked so bad they can't even be called an alliance. Even though Coach in Tocantins did talk about taking the strongest to the end, he was in with Debbie later on and that didn't work either. And so on. None I can think of that really worked.

Edit: Oh and there was the Africa three with Lex, Tom, and Ethan. But that wasn't to take women out and two were outlasted by Kim J., the oldest woman that season.
    lopevian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread