+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wonder if Alicia realizes she is out of the loop?

I do think the vote reflects multiple alliance theory that was floated during tribal council.

Chelsea deserves "dumb move" of the week award for speaking to Jay in front of Alicia and Christina.

Kim and Troyzan seem to be the smartest folks on the island with Sabrina and Jay filling in the second tier.

I can see Tarzan going to the finale ala Crazy Philip.
    Only thing I disagree with is Troyzan. He got played pretty easily and i'm a little surprised he didnt even mention it to Jay even to see if he had heard anything. Going on someone's word like that in an individual game is a pretty big leap of faith.
    sweetpea, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Just curious, why would it be excellent?

Funny thing is, what was arguably the first 'girl power' season was Vanuatu. It failed miserably. Of the last 7 players only 1 was male. And yet, he was the sole survivor.

I think tonight's show exemplified my view on 'girl power'. Women use gender alliances as strategy while men use it for self-defense. A sad commentary as far as I'm concerned.
    Men frequently go with an all male alliance as strategy. We see both sexes bonding/aligning all the time. They don't often hold up to the end but we see it.

I loved that the women pullled this off because we often see an episode where the plan is exciting but in the end they go with the safe vote because no one wants to rock the boat. The all women part was only a small factor in my glee. I love an upset! It is smart to eliminate the biggest threat to win II, as well. So often they get around to this very late in the game. Now is the time to move on that.

What on earth was up with Chelsea talking to Jay in front of the women, not in their alliance?! I really thought she had ruined the plan.

I was shocked to see Troyzan accept Kim's lie without even approaching Mike to feel him out on the subject. It should have been very clear to him that the women were possibly going for a wipe out.

I think things are going to change pretty fast. It was a mistake not including Alicia in on this vote. She will now align with the men and Kristina may as well. Huge flaw in Sabrina and Kim's plan. You have to make everyone feel safe in your alliance. When someone smells that they are on the bottom of the heap, they bail.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-05-2012 at 05:35 AM.

So I assume next week Leif, Troyzan, Tarzan, and Jay will try and get Christina and Alicia onto their side, which would leave Sabrina, Chelsea, Kim, and Kat on the other side. Why would the guys think they would need Kat if they have the numbers without her? Is it possible Alicia is delusinal enough to think she is still on the girl's side? Maybe she IS still on the girl's side- I haven't heard anyone say anything against her since before they split up the tribes. I think it would be smart of Kim and Company to go back to the original plan and vote Christina next time, so they can stick to their lie that the only reason they voted Mike was because he was gunning for Troyzan. It makes her look like she was telling the truth and it keeps Troy and Jay comfortable in their positions in the tribe. But of course it never goes how you think it will or how you think it should go from the comfort of your own living room. We all sure love playing Armchair Survivor, don't we?
    Shoepie likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Men frequently go with an all male alliance as strategy. We see both sexes bonding/aligning all the time. They don't often hold up to the end but we see it.
    Do me a favor, and name two occurrences where men formed a gender alliance with the intent to eliminate the women first.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Well, I bet Troy feels like a dumb*** this morning, huh? Kim played him like a fiddle. At this point, though, I hope she didn't play her hand too early.

The scene with Tarzan and Chelsea was ridiculous. I suppose, as a plastic surgeon, he can spot a boob job a mile away, but to bring it up like that to her was really dumb (and kind of creepy) so kudos to her for biting her tongue like she did and (shudder) recognizing that sometimes you have to drag along the players who don't stand a chance while you take out the strong competitors first. Tarzan sure has a God Complex doesn't he? He does not like to be questioned or second-guessed at all. I did laugh out loud at his saying she was "subliminally aggressive" or something like that to him. How does one even do that??

Jay is the most aware of the guys. I was surprised to see him vote Mike. I guess the "better stick with the girls or it's me next" is the reason for it, but still. Didn't he even take a moment to talk to Troy about the plan? Did Troy spill the fake beans about Mike's plan to oust Troy? We didn't see any of that.

I still like Kim and Sabrina. Chelsea made a big mistake talking to Jay in front of Alecia and Sabrina. Kat is dumb but my daughters think she's adorable and she's pretty unoffensive so she can definitely stick around for awhile. Sabrina was really stupid to bail on the last big block during the challenge, although because they won I am sure she could make a case that she was able to study the puzzle first and that helped with the victory. I keep forgetting Leif is there, frankly. He's fodder.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week, as the guys start to scramble.
    cablejockey likes this.

That speech Dr. Tarzan made to Chelsea was so patronizing. I would love to see if the good doctor is shocked at how he is coming across on this show as he watches it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    That speech Dr. Tarzan made to Chelsea was so patronizing. I would love to see if the good doctor is shocked at how he is coming across on this show as he watches it at home.
    It seemed very odd to me. Everyone knows he 's a plastic surgeon, he knew about her implants Do they go in saying nothing and suddenly share everything?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think there's just a lot of conversation we don't get to see, Fanny. People's professions probably came up at some point.
    I do think it was really rude of him to say that to her, though. I imagine her plastic surgeon wasn't impressed with the conversation either!

Here's a hint, Tarzan. Sometimes? It's just you. Not your job. Not your vocabulary...YOU.

I would hope this show would be an eye opener for him but I doubt it.
    Lil Bit and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think there's just a lot of conversation we don't get to see, Fanny. People's professions probably came up at some point.
    I do think it was really rude of him to say that to her, though. I imagine her plastic surgeon wasn't impressed with the conversation either!

Here's a hint, Tarzan. Sometimes? It's just you. Not your job. Not your vocabulary...YOU.

I would hope this show would be an eye opener for him but I doubt it.
    I agree with you. I think there was a lot more to that snippet than we got to see. Incredible how he has no troubles at all with anyone's name now . I was a bit bored last night, usually I have a fave, this time I really don't
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Do me a favor, and name two occurrences where men formed a gender alliance with the intent to eliminate the women first.
    My memory is not good enough to remember seasons and names.

+ Reply to Thread