+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So, you're not fan then. Maybe he really is just an old poopy pants She must have spoken about her boob job before, it didn't bother me for some reason
    Yanno, I'm kinda on the fence - haven't really come to a final conclusion LOL

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

The game started as men vs women so going back to your original alliance makes sense. And the women have the numbers advantage. That is huge and sets up an easy pagong. That said, I don't think an all woman alliance will make it. I sense a shift coming and soon.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    The point is a good one. It's quite possible that she feels a strong bond with the women based on her first tribe. However, I still go back to the words out of Kim's own mouth during this week's episode. She is clearly about girls before boys, and I just don't get the feeling (with the exception of Chelsea and Sabrina) it has anything to do with early bonds.
    Oh, I wish I had the clip from the premiere of Kim saying she doesn't like the idea of "girl power"... implying she doesn't like being thrown in with just girls from the start. It is why I have always had the opposite notion from Kim, and have never been convinced that it was about girls before boys from the start.

If anyone has a chance to watch the premiere and quote it, please do so!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    If anyone has a chance to watch the premiere and quote it, please do so!
    Just for you, I'm going to sit through the episode again to find the quote.

However, it won't make a difference for me. I judge people not on what they say they are going to do, but on what they actually do. One comment, made in the comfort of the first day on the beach doesn't compare with all of the things said in the last episode. Just sayin'!

ETA: As promised...

Kim: I didn't plan to form an alliance right off the bat, I was just gonna lay low, but I think when the guys started stealing off the truck, that was a huge rivalry right off the bat. And, when the guys did that, the girls were like (insert fist pump and laughter here) WOMEN POWER, which I'm not a big fan of, but I'm goin' with it.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 04-07-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thank you so much`for looking that up, Uncle David! I appreciate it, because she said more than I had remembered. If I recall correctly, she was also the one who complained of the guys not being 'chilvarous'... which, under the circumstances of this being a game for a mil, is ridiculous.

I guess, at the end of the day, girl power or not, I'd probably do the same thing if I were in her shoes. Once again, in a game for a million dollars, you take the best options you can see and you don't mess around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yanno, I'm kinda on the fence - haven't really come to a final conclusion LOL
    I don't know what makes me think he's playing us all. Maybe I am just really suspicious of all the editing that goes on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If I recall correctly, she was also the one who complained of the guys not being 'chilvarous'... which, under the circumstances of this being a game for a mil, is ridiculous.
    This bothered me too, but to her credit she started out saying... "The guys... with not wanting to finish the challenge... You know I get it! Like in hindsight I can look back and kinda see MAYBE what they were thinking, but...

I guess, at the end of the day, girl power or not, I'd probably do the same thing if I were in her shoes. Once again, in a game for a million dollars, you take the best options you can see and you don't mess around.
    It remains to be seen if 'girl power' is going to work. There have been more failures than successes for that strategy. Personally, I think she's made a big mistake. Sticking with Troy, Jay and Chelsea (with a secret alliance with Sabrina) is what I would have done. Still, you never know. It's a fickle game, Survivor. A great strategy is of no avail without luck on your side.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Kim needs to take out the guys who could win a crucial immunity that depended a lot on strength. So, sadly, I'd say Tarzan is safe for a bit longer. As pointed out above I think if there is one guy in the F3 and a lot of men on the jury unless it is Tarzan he's likely to get the votes.
    She doesn't know, I think, that one guy has an II....so that's really got to be a blindside. If he catches on she could be going home if everyone else votes for him.
    I was wondering if Alicia and Christine were told to vote for Tarzan just in case Mike had an idol and played it. If not, then they must feel like they are bottom of the female totem pole, if even some guys knew what was going on and they didn't. Rightly so of course!
    Men align all the time... like the frat boys alliance at the beginning of this season. Yes, they were on an all male team, but with those guys, especially the two leaders, I'm betting they would have done the same even on a mixed sex team. We'll never know of course.
    I'm impressed with Kim's strategizing and thinking ahead.

IMO, the Frat boys would never have aligned with the sole purpose of eliminating the women first. Their arrogance would never have allowed them to find women to be a big enough threat. It's my belief they would have gone after the weakest or most annoying first. Luckily, that would have saved all of us a lot of grief by not having to watch Colton for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can't think of many men's alliances, actually. There was the threesome of Butch, Rob, and Matt in Amazon around the F5 when it came to voting Heidi out. But Jenna won the last two immunities which quickly ended it. Then there was Fairplay and Burton, but that was only two people. Vanuatu had the Fat Five, but Ami's women alliance quickly overpowered them. There was the Four Horsemen in Fiji but they sucked so bad they can't even be called an alliance. Even though Coach in Tocantins did talk about taking the strongest to the end, he was in with Debbie later on and that didn't work either. And so on. None I can think of that really worked.

Edit: Oh and there was the Africa three with Lex, Tom, and Ethan. But that wasn't to take women out and two were outlasted by Kim J., the oldest woman that season.
    Wow! I am totally amazed that you can remember all the names, seasons, and alliances like that. I can hardly remember the players from last season. I do remember a few stand-outs... (Shane, Yau-man, etc.) but otherwise... I am in awe of you JohnnyK!!
    jucamer likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread