+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Episode 5 "The Oceans Surprise".

I really think he's going to ask them to see who does and doesn't want to swap and then probsbly do just the opposite.
    I can't imagine the switch being so simple.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    I can't imagine the switch being so simple.
    Neither can I. (Can't think that they give out this much info, unless it's misleading.) Idle speculation: Maybe the ones who elect to swap have either to perform some test they need to pass before they may swap, or that the ones who elect to remain get to vote if they allow them to swap (that would be pretty mean and evil ).
    I bet the lost boat is not really lost at all, it just floated away some 100 yards, still in the same bay.

Maybe the team captains nominate people to be switched first, then only those individuals must decide if they want to be switched. Perhaps the team captain is required to pick two or three, too, meaning that they may not pick zero people to switch.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Perhaps the team captain is required to pick two or three, too, meaning that they may not pick zero people to switch.
    I'd be surprised if that was the case. What would they have done if they came to this point and one of the captains had already been eliminated? Of course, maybe they had several options ready depending upon who was still left.

As for the "lost boat", I'm starting to think there's enough evidence to raise a question I've long wondered about:

In S2, the tribe was in big trouble from a food standpoint. They were starting to look like concentration camp victims (except for Colby, who dined on fine food after every reward challenge). They finally traded their shelter away for more food, only to have it washed away in the flash flood. "What are they going to do now?" we wondered. "They're screwed!" we all thought. But no, they finally decided to search for their can of rice and found it wedged against a fallen tree in the middle of the river WITH DARKNESS FALLING???? I always wondered if the Survivor crew had given them the heads up on where the rice was. Now that we've seen the crew show us a) the lost net and now this week the lost boat, I'm more inclined to think that Mark Burnett threw his potential rating bonanza (This week a Survivor dies of starvation!) away and hinted that the rice could be found if they went downstream and looked.

Or has all this already been discussed in the group before I got here?

I wonder about the rice, but it's either a case of 2 things.

Burnett & crew tipped them off. Which is possible for all the reasons you mentionned.

or

They had hours and hours to search (what else are they going to do?) and found it. When it's your only source of food and you have a bunch of people looking for it, it's not impossible.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I've always thought that Mark and Co. gave S2 a general idea of where to look for the rice. How convenience was it for the rice tin to ledge between some trunks with a ranging tide going through? Can't get any more dramatic than that.

Even if they planted the rice tin (which is a strong possibility, in my opinion), they still almost lost a Survivor when Keith the Dumbass decided to ford the stream at its swiftest point. He's the only player so far who finished third and didn't deserve better.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

That's very true Paulie. But again, how dramatic would that have been having Keith or someone else being carried away by the stream. I don't think originally that was Mark's plan, but I still think he had a hand in all that.

I think something will have to be done about the boat. Jeff will probably give them a big "I'm disappointed in you...But you can go back to using nicknames on votes, if that helps" speech, anc give them their little boat back, complete with a few new drilled holes for them to patch up.

I think it'll just float back.
    MB does have a knack for the overly dramatic that ends up being nothing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345